Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » "We're going to Hell" List (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "We're going to Hell" List
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheney's health is not so great and will wear thin by next election. One reason you don't see him much (especially during this last election) was that he could not keep up with the campaigning needed. Cheney, I believe, will step down and not run again as VP. Rather he will be in an advisory capacity (less so than now) for Bush. Powell is the logical choice and this will also allow him to avoid the "never been in an elected office" comments when he runs for office himself.

[This message has been edited by Baldar (edited November 11, 2002).]

Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baldar,

I agree that is the most likely scenario, and I think it might even be enough to win Bush the election even if the economy is still in a recession/depression.

LetterRip

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cedrios
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, this thread has done a wonderful job of stating the obvious and re-interpreting history over again.

main points of thread(and some from the other)
1. Demand sparks supply, consequent regulating of supply can affect demand, vica-versa.

2. People with equal voting rights but unequal taxation will have problems with it, no matter what their income. Blocks of these people will come together to skew the uneven taxation as adversely affecting the economy. If you disagree with this, take a look at the way both sides spin the issue.

3. Yeah, we're going to war, after today, no one here can muddle THAT up anymore.

4. The Republicans are going to screw America with the unilateral war that the UN thought it would stop with its compromise resolution.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could say that Cedrios is talking out of his hat, but that would be stating the obvious without re-interpeting history.
Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page