Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » With apologies to IrishTD - this is funny to me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: With apologies to IrishTD - this is funny to me
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGTBFPte-MY
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live about 10 minutes north of where this happened. It was a 70 foot tall steel structure covered in flammable material in the middle of a large pond. It is amazing it has not gone up before.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Wessex
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard comments by local parishioners and others that A) it means nothing, that B) God is sending a message but we don't know what it is, and that C) this is a message from Jesus that he continues to sacrifice on our behalf and should strengthen our faith. The first comment (A) was from the minister of the church where the sculpture stood.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God wants to send a message, the statue would be back in 3 days. I don't think God, in any specific sense, had anything to do with this, one way or another. He did in a general sense, in that he created weather in general. And this was a torch just waiting to happen.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were to take it as commentary from God it would probably by false idols/graven images or such.
Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before being burned to the ground, this statue was inspiration for one of my favorite songs ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mf2u9VWAhM

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a new verse
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty mean-spirited.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a friggin' graven image, not a being.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page