Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Synchronicity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Synchronicity
Puretext
Member # 823

- posted      Profile for Puretext   Email Puretext   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we're all about debate here, and the conflict of ideas, but I read this today and was absolutely blown away. I should only hope to be so good.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Locus
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Locus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laughter and sadness...
Posts: 678 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniacal_engineer
Member # 116

- posted      Profile for maniacal_engineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think i missed something. the link has a bit of doggerel and nothing else.
whassupwidat

Posts: 962 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puretext
Member # 823

- posted      Profile for Puretext   Email Puretext   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doggerel? It's a parallel story, very nicely written.

Isn't a doggerel a kind of funny, off color song?

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniacal_engineer
Member # 116

- posted      Profile for maniacal_engineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what I get
quote:

dwaber & the voices in his head

there are no bad words, only bad word choices

All poetry, as discriminated from the various paradigms of prosody, is prayer.
--Samuel Beckett (1906–1989)

It'say ownay aboutay entytway-ivefay astpay elevenay inay ethay orningmay.

Posts: 962 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puretext
Member # 823

I think you're not waiting for the entire page to download. That there's about the equivalent of

quote:
The Ornery American
Front Page About Ornery.org Essays Forums

However, since it's a changing webpage, I have to post the new link. It's http://www.xanga.com/item.asp?user=dwaber&tab=weblogs&uid=6196461 . That one shouldn't change.

(edit: fixed bad UBB code)

[This message has been edited by Puretext (edited November 12, 2002).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page