Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The Friendship bomber

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Friendship bomber
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11052023

quote:
Iran has unveiled what it says is its first domestically built unmanned - or drone - bomber.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the plane could serve as a "messenger of death", but that its key message was one of friendship.

OK -- after that grim nonsequitur -- I think I begin to appreciate why Hugo Chavez compared Ahminejob to Idi Amin Dada.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rallan
Member # 1936

- posted      Profile for Rallan   Email Rallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah as "peace through strength" speeches go, that one could use some polish.
Posts: 2570 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh? Is *that* the message that tweaker was trying to get accross? LoL! I thought maybe he was trying to reinact "Meet Joe Black."
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rallan
Member # 1936

- posted      Profile for Rallan   Email Rallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's what he was trying to get across. You have to remember that most people who try and talk up a new weapon's potential to keep the peace by deterring the nation's enemies from invading are given speeches that weren't written by lunatics [Smile]
Posts: 2570 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks more like the german V-1 rocket, and not something that brings anything new to the field
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard walmart is suing to keep the big yellow smiley face off of it.
Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cherrypoptart:
I heard walmart is suing to keep the big yellow smiley face off of it.

There's a "rollback" joke in here somewhere, I just can't think of it...
Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page