Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Thing Two Speaks!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thing Two Speaks!
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife tried making donuts by frying Pillsbury refrigerated Dough. Thing two, who just turned ten last month, tasted one, and said "This is Not a Donut."
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!

Grats!

My mom took me to a doctor when I was three to find out if there was a problem with my speech development because I hardly talked at all.

After about 10 minutes of various tests, and I still remember the hammer to the knee, he told her there was nothing wrong with me. Then the way I hear the story, he asked me if there was a reason I don't talk very much, and I told him, "I don't have anything to say."

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Pete!
Posts: 3481 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! How's his belly doing?
Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news, Pete! I am so happy to hear this.
Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

- posted      Profile for Carlotta   Email Carlotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news! Pan told me last night about "I want tickled." We are both so happy to hear that he's talking.
Posts: 1318 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so good to hear, Pete!
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 1153

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! Hope things keep improving for him!
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshuaD
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for JoshuaD   Email JoshuaD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-)
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete, that's about the happiest thing I've heard in recent memory!
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly momentous news. thanks for sharing.
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent to hear Pete, here is praying that he has further improvements.
Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Yay!
Posts: 2635 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray!
Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that one of your children had an adverse reaction to a vaccine. I see now that, if I'm reading correctly and because Letterrip mentioned further improvements, that this must be the ten year old. For some reason I was thinking the child was only 10 months old.

There is a theory about eventual improvement after adverse reactions with the vaccinations that the toxins are finally working their way out of the sensitive neurological systems. My son has gotten a lot better too although I sometimes still have to chide him to focus more on his diction and enunciation because sometimes he doesn't speak clearly enough, but the cool thing is what he wants to be now when he grows up: a voice actor. He got quite a kick out of finding out that Bart Simpson was really a girl. He's also very amused by my attempts to pull off various accents, and I can manage Scottish, Irish, British, Japanese, Pakistani, and Jamaican well enough to be entertaining if not always completely accurate. He tries to imitate them, and he's getting closer and closer to being able to pull off an Irish accent, which could be fun if we ever go and visit old bonny Ireland.

I hope your son continues to improve, and I think there's a great chance he will.

Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news Pete. I hope you see (and hear!) much more of the same.
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velcro
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for velcro   Email velcro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That's terrific news!
Posts: 2096 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear Pete!

Cherry can we assume you are on this site making up for lost speaking time in your youth? [Smile]

[ October 04, 2010, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Viking_Longship ]

Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

I've had the obervation made that I'm too quiet and then after I'd taken that as an invitation to open up the subsequent observation a few weeks later was made that I was a lot easier to get along with when I was quieter.

I'd be curious to know though Pete how your son is fairing as time goes by and if he has anything to say about his memories of the past few years.

Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, Pete. [Smile]
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page