Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Chile and NAFTA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chile and NAFTA
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We now have an opportunity to bring Chile into the NAFTA fold. Much more than Mexico the country has been progressive in its politics and market. Chile as arbitrarily reduced its tariffs unilaterally and has maintained (unlike many South American countries) a very stable "rule of law" position in both labor and business. Chile is also ready to put both labor and environmentalism on the line to develop a closer and coequal relationship with the US. They are not looking for a free hand, and given how the US has spurned the offer I find it hopeful that something may be worked out this year.
Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puretext
Member # 823

- posted      Profile for Puretext   Email Puretext   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm up for it. But then, I'd like to bring the whole planet into a free trade agreement.
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page