Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Rhetoric Against the Tea Party heats up to the boiling point (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Rhetoric Against the Tea Party heats up to the boiling point
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work with all Latino moderate democrats. I'm in heaven, man. Best job I ever had. Seriously, with my family gone, I only go home for the dog and the turtles.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years of conditioning have taught me not only to avoid clicking on any links Tommy posts, but wherever possible to avoid reading anything he writes in public. [Smile]
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You may have been a card carrying liberal, but were you really a card carrying Liberal?"

The Party was over a long time ago, maybe, but the party ended with Reagan. I was more than liberal, I was liberal. When civilians saw me walk down the street in my very unconservative threads they said to each other, look Wilma, there goes a Liberal. They must have been right, or they wouldn't have said it in italics.

Weird that Trudeau would take time off from Doonesbury to run Canada; never could figure out what he saw in doing that, maybe wanted to make sure his supply of maple syrup didn't dry up.

[ September 15, 2011, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: AI Wessex ]

Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure they pronounced the italics, but there's no way they capitalized it - in fact, if there was a lower case than lower case, I'm sure they would have pronounced it that way [Wink]
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan - I hear you. I never click on a Tommy link on any machine I might someday think about using for work purposes.

I save those for my iPod when I'm safely tucked in bed, preferably with door closed. (I can just see Tommy chuffed with pride...)

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
I work with all Latino moderate democrats. I'm in heaven, man. Best job I ever had. Seriously, with my family gone, I only go home for the dog and the turtles.

Your family is gone?
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gone gone
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete, wait, seriously? Like, on holiday gone, or…?
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by Jordan:
Pete, wait, seriously? Like, on holiday gone, or…?

gone

As in, I share a house full of empty boxes with a small incontinent black terrier and two turtles.

I brought this on myself; it's not easy living with a drunk.

I only still have my job because of two Ornerians who put gas in my tank. I thank God for them even though one of them doesn't believe in him.

Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I missed the initial post in the big tread shuffle. My sympathies on that, even if my direct knowledge of the pain of it comes from the perspective of being the kids in the middle of the mess.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

And they and my wife are the ones deserving of sympathy. I really let everyone down. I'm not a violent or even a remotely aggressive drunk; I'm what's called a "sweet drunk." But it's not healthy to let the kids watch me self-destruct.

[ September 18, 2011, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Pete at Home ]

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Pete. Of the 5 posts I missed in that thread, I apparently missed the most important.
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

NP, Tommy. The forum's not about me and my little drama. But I do appreciate the kindness and concern that I find here. And those aren't just words ... things are pretty lonely on this end.
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
And they and my wife are the ones deserving of sympathy. I really let everyone down. I'm not a violent or even a remotely aggressive drunk; I'm what's called a "sweet drunk." But it's not healthy to let the kids watch me self-destruct.

I certainly feel for them too, but deserving has nothing to do with the objective fact of whether someone is in identifiable pain or not. A guy got himself nailed to a tree trying to prove to the world that we shouldn't get hung up on whether we deserve to suffer and instead open ourselves to love and support where it is offered to help heal ourselves instead.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Thank you, Pyr. I think that's what I needed to hear this morning.
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good post Pyr. And I'm sorry to hear this news Pete, you have my sympathies.
Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, Pete, I'm sorry to hear that, too. You are one of the most straight-up guys on this forum (even when I disagree with you). Of all the people on this forum, this shouldn't have happened to you. [Frown]

I'll pray that you find the support you need, too.

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel
Member # 6560

- posted      Profile for noel   Email noel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete,

I believe that I understand why you do not want this thread to be about you, and appreciate your reasoning. Do not feel at all obligated to respond; know that I hurt with you. Suffering in isolation may have salvific value, but it is still so difficult to watch from without.

If conversation would help let me know.

Best,
Noel

Posts: 1935 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Aw hell, Noel, you all know me well enough to know that I relish being the center of focking attention, even if I know I don't deserve it. Bounce an old Pete Thread; there have got to be a few dozen of them, so I don't have to hijack this one for my pity party.

But self-contempt aside, thank you and God bless you.

ken_in_sc
Member # 6462

- posted      Profile for ken_in_sc   Email ken_in_sc       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete, I only cruise by here every week or so, but you have my concern and prayers.
Posts: 159 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete I'll light a candle for you.
Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page