Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Mercy = hang the focking pirates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mercy = hang the focking pirates
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15068088

quote:
Federal prison is a frightening, perilous environment of intrigue, violent gangs, terrible food and severe isolation, even for the most hardened criminal.

For men from a faraway land with little or no English-language skills and no prior familiarity with American culture, it will be especially hard, say lawyers for the men, and experts in psychology and the criminal justice system.

Bla bla bla.

Except remember what these bastards did.

They were faced by a navy force that they knew could kick their ass.

Any moron in their situation would have known that they were outgunned.

They had hostages.

The navy offered them, keep the yacht.

They said no, our hostages are worth more.

They murdered their hostages, because they didn't feel that they'd been offered enough.

I do feel bad for these @ssholes in federal prison.

I'm all for giving them a merciful way out.

Kill them.

They murdered four innocents.

They could have walked away, with considerable profit.

They chose to murder, to punish us for not offering them more.

If we don't put them to death, we send a message to other pirates that we're pussies. That murder yield either more money, or no significant consequences.

The horror and suffering of these dumbasses in US prisons is invisibile to their fellow somalian pirates.

It's not like those illiterate morons can read sophisticated liberal news analyses to realize the horror that expects them in American prisons.

But even Somalian morons can grasp execution.

For mercy's sake, fry these merciless morons.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Federal prison is a frightening, perilous environment of intrigue, violent gangs, terrible food and severe isolation, even for the most hardened criminal.

For men from a faraway land with little or no English-language skills and no prior familiarity with American culture, it will be especially hard, say lawyers for the men, and experts in psychology and the criminal justice system.

Really? Compared to your average Somalian Warlord camp a Federal prison is "a frightening, perilous environment of intrigue, violent gangs, terrible food and severe isolation".

Hmmm, the writer previously worked at the Guardian. That's not really a surprising fact to me after reading this article.

quote:
"They have all the stressors associated with prison," says Frederic Reamer, a professor of social work at Rhode Island College with extensive experience working in prisons and a member of the Rhode Island state parole board.

"But unlike most inmates, they cannot just go into the dining hall and sit at a table and start conversing with people with whom they have some shared cultural experience. They are likely to be isolated in every imaginable way."

Ah shucks, my heart goes out for them. They have all the stressors associated with prison. [Roll Eyes]

Well, I guess that's what you get for butchering unarmed captives out of pure spite and greed.

quote:
He has suffered tremendously in US custody since his arrest in February 2009, court records show.

In addition to his mental health problems, the federal bureau of prisons has extracted at least seven of his teeth, his poor dental health being a sign of childhood malnutrition, his defence team argues.

What? Let me get this right, providing dental care for him for the first time in his life is a sign of "suffering tremendously"? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ken_in_sc
Member # 6462

- posted      Profile for ken_in_sc   Email ken_in_sc       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree.
Posts: 159 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page