Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Why I don't watch cable news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why I don't watch cable news
Grant
Member # 1925

- posted      Profile for Grant   Email Grant       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cause HLN has just spent five minutes discussing the pregnancies of Snookie and Jessica Simpson. I'll stick with CNBC.
Posts: 2613 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G2
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh cable news. All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects. There is always cable news, informative cable news, half an hour for a workday, an hour for a week-end, two hours for a post on internet fora, three for a dark eternity on the moon.

There's always cable news to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you watch two or three half-hour shows, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can develop at least half your morality between commercial breaks. Christianity without tears-that's what cable news is.

Hug me till you drug me, honey;
Kiss me till I'm in a coma;
Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny;
Love's as good as soma.

Aldous Huxley (mangled heavily above) thought it would be a pharmaceutical, sometimes it is, but for the masses it's cable news ... and "reality" television.

We can do the innuendo,
we can dance and sing
When it's said and done,
we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king,
give us dirty laundry

[ March 07, 2012, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: G2 ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page