Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Pittsburg bomb threats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pittsburg bomb threats
Brian
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for Brian   Email Brian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyrtolin, you live in Pittsburg, right?
What is going on at Pitt? Someone told me they've had over 80 bomb threats in the last month. Have you heard anything on the local news which wouldn't have made it into the national feed?

edited because I aren't well on grammar [Smile]

[ April 17, 2012, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah baseball season is back on, and we've come to expect the Pirates to bomb out.

More seriously in Pittsburgh (we're rather particular about the "h" at the end [Wink] ) has been interesting, though they're becoming frequent enough that people outside of the Oakland/Shadyside area (the neighborhoods that are most directly affected) are becoming a bit blase about it. I don't work at Carnegie Mellon any more, so I've been able to avoid the worst of it, but I do know a few people at Pitt that have had to deal with a lot of disruption over it.

http://stopthepittbombthreats.blogspot.com/

is one of the best resources (though there's a bit of a speculative overlay) for any and all news relating to it.

Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page