Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The NSA's warrantless wiretapping is a crime, not a state secret (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The NSA's warrantless wiretapping is a crime, not a state secret
Seneca
Member # 6790

- posted      Profile for Seneca   Email Seneca       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the most absurd garbage. While Bush was bad Obama could have reversed all the NSA policies within an hour of taking office by getting on the phone and calling the US Marshals and telling them to clear out Ft. Meade and arrest anyone who won't leave the building.

But if that's too much for people who think parts of the NSA were worth keeping then in 6 years surely he could have reformed the NSA to stop all the domestic spying and just keep the foreign surveillance.

Bush was evil and anti-freedom for sure, but he is long gone. So how in 2014 are the NSA's activities Bush’s fault? Obama is in charge and has been in charge for a while. He controls everything the NSA is doing. He is fond of saying he has a pen and a phone, so why doesn't Obama get on the phone and fulfill his campaign promises from 2008?

Is former President Bush using a mind control ray on Obama? I know that in 2014 it's still convenient for the democrats to blame everything that goes wrong on either Bush who has been gone for years or the House, but the NSA isn't controlled by either of them.

[ September 18, 2014, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Seneca ]

Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's the most absurd garbage. While Bush was bad Obama could have reversed all the NSA policies within an hour of taking office by getting on the phone and calling the US Marshals and telling them to clear out Ft. Meade and arrest anyone who won't leave the building.
You say that because everything seems so simple to you. I shudder to think what the country would be like if everyone in authority applied your thought practices to solve problems. The only thing "simple" about the world we would then live in would be that it would "simply" be a post-apocalyptic catastrophe.
Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seneca
Member # 6790

- posted      Profile for Seneca   Email Seneca       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seemed to have missed everything after that quote. Why is that?
Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because when you start with an absurd statement and then build on it, the rest doesn't matter.
quote:
Obama could have reversed all the NSA policies within an hour of taking office
It's just stupid to think anything remotely like that could happen. I'll leave it to you to think of all the reasons why that is so.
Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seneca
Member # 6790

quote:
Originally posted by Seneca:

But if that's too much for people who think parts of the NSA were worth keeping then in 6 years surely he could have reformed the NSA to stop all the domestic spying and just keep the foreign surveillance.

Bush was evil and anti-freedom for sure, but he is long gone. So how in 2014 are the NSA's activities Bush’s fault? Obama is in charge and has been in charge for a while. He controls everything the NSA is doing. He is fond of saying he has a pen and a phone, so why doesn't Obama get on the phone and fulfill his campaign promises from 2008?

Is former President Bush using a mind control ray on Obama? I know that in 2014 it's still convenient for the democrats to blame everything that goes wrong on either Bush who has been gone for years or the House, but the NSA isn't controlled by either of them.

AI Wessex
Member # 6653

It's been pointed out by nearly all liberals here (aka for your understanding: people who don't viscerally hate Obama and object to everything he does) that he has created or continued many objectionable policies. The big difference between you and that group is that they also understand the role that past policy can have in constraining the direction of future policy. You should read up and take to heart something Einstein said, (basically) that explanations should be as simple as possible, but not moreso. You obviously prefer to ignore that advice.
Seneca
Member # 6790

And when have I stated I viscerally hate Obama and object to everything he does? Please cite that.
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

No need, it permeates your posting history. I doubt anyone would be unaware of it.
Seneca
Member # 6790

Key provisions of the Patriot Act are set to expire Sunday at midnight. The statists in the Obama administration and in Congress are scrambling to rustle up support, but people are contacting their Congressmen and stating their opposition to it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/30/administration-warns-terror-fighting-tools-set-to-expire-sunday-as-senate/

Greg Davidson
Member # 3377

- posted      Profile for Greg Davidson   Email Greg Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, a more interesting challenge to Seneca would be to ask if among his 6,003 postings there are any that are complimentary or positive about any aspect of President Obama? I have not done a comprehensive analysis of those 6003 items, so I don't know the answer myself (still finishing up the analysis of 1800 posts on Obamacare, and I can tell you he had no such posts there)
Posts: 4178 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seneca
Member # 6790

http://www.ornery.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/6/16700.html
Seneca
Member # 6790

The law has now lapsed. As of right now the NSA claims that they have ceased these particular operations. The Obama administration has also claimed this is a "win for the terrorists."
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/us_senate.html

It was good to see some real patriots stand up to the tyranny of this government, this same government that was elected in part to end these practices.

In sickening fashion, the House passed a bill to extend spying on US citizens and it is called the "USA Freedom Act."

[ June 01, 2015, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Seneca ]

yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seneca:
In sickening fashion, the House passed a bill to extend spying on US citizens and it is called the "USA Freedom Act."

It's nice to know the house learned something from reading 1984. Too bad they learned the wrong lessons. [Frown]
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page