Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Car chases

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Car chases
edgmatt
Member # 6449

- posted      Profile for edgmatt   Email edgmatt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching the car chase in Miami on Fox. He's driving the wrong way on many streets, speeding and driving wrecklessly. At this point, are police prevented from shooting him, or crash into him intentionally in an effort to stop him? It seems to me that he is causing an extremely dangerous situation to the public. I wouldn't be against him being killed to stop the danger. Am I wrong here?
Posts: 1439 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
threads
Member # 5091

- posted      Profile for threads   Email threads   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what the laws are in Florida but there are definitely states in which cops can try to stop a chase by crashing the person they're chasing. The problem is doing it safely; you don't want cars to hit pedestrians or houses and the officers don't want to get injured while doing it.
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djquag1
Member # 6553

- posted      Profile for djquag1   Email djquag1       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many cities now where the police are prohibited from engaging in high speed chases for non-serious crimes. Too many civilians were getting killed because some idiot driver wouldn't pull over for their speeding ticket, and some idiot cop decides to chase him at a hundred or something through city streets.
Posts: 769 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page