Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Do you live in a swing state?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you live in a swing state?
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in New Jersey. Obama has a 14 pt lead here. It's not a swing state. How many of us live in states where the electoral vote isn't already a given?
Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wisconsin here. It's completely in play.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pennsylvania. Maybe Romney will give us a second look closer to the deadline, but for the moment it looks like he's given up here. The only question on the presidential level right now is whether the Democrats can keep Johnson on the ballot or the Republicans can block him.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 6573

- posted      Profile for Mucus   Email Mucus       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a swing riding.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas. No way my state is going to go for anything but the Republican candidate, whoever he or she is.
Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevada. Been swing for a while.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/electoral-map
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grant
Member # 1925

- posted      Profile for Grant   Email Grant       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooooo. LOL
Posts: 3264 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. I am surprised to even see national election ads here. (My guess is that they are aimed at the WI and IN areas that are in the Chicago market.) My guess is that I will be taking a bus to do campaign work elsewhere.
Posts: 2635 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
California. No drama here. (As far as the Presidential race goes, that is. Statewise, however... [Eek!] )
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohio, so for sure. The phone calls are already bad and I expect it to get worse. Since my wife and I are on differing sides of the political spectrum, we have agreed to hang up on every one and delete all the voice mails they leave us unlistened to.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if Michigan is classified as a swing state or not, but the GOP SuperPACs pulled back a week or so ago, but Romney's campaign is launching a new round of ads. My feeling is that the state is leaning heavily for Obama. A good billboard for Obama would be a car with Romney in a doghouse strapped to the roof.
Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page