Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Ralph Nader: Obama’s a ‘war criminal’ (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ralph Nader: Obama’s a ‘war criminal’
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
Is there some way of rephrasing the question that doesn't require JWatts to sympathize with the Nader?

Nader has done some good things, but considering President Barack Obama a War Criminal is delusional.
Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Viking_Longship:
I think he's trying very very hard not to think outside the box on this, so I doubt he will ever give me a serious answer.

I think you don't understand me very well at all. [Big Grin] If you seemed interested in a dialogue, instead of an interrogation, I'd probably participate.
Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viking_Longship
Member # 3358

- posted      Profile for Viking_Longship   Email Viking_Longship       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JWatts:
quote:
I think he's trying very very hard not to think outside the box on this, so I doubt he will ever give me a serious answer.

I think you don't understand me very well at all. [Big Grin] If you seemed interested in a dialogue, instead of an interrogation, I'd probably participate.
Ok, may I ask you, politely, if you are not annoyed by the phenomenon of liberals who called Bush a war criminal not saying a word about Obama doing the same things?
Posts: 5765 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok, may I ask you, politely, if you are not annoyed by the phenomenon of liberals who called Bush a war criminal not saying a word about Obama doing the same things?
I'll just say that I'm annoyed by it. Me and Glenn Greenwald.
Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, more lefties who called Bush a war criminal, do say one word about Obama doing it: "disappointing." That's slightly less hypocritical; it's war crime when evil Bush does it but just disappointing when the Obasiah does it.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
To be fair, more lefties who called Bush a war criminal, do say one word about Obama doing it: "disappointing." That's slightly less hypocritical; it's war crime when evil Bush does it but just disappointing when the Obasiah does it.

Out of curiosity, can you show an example of someone doing this (calling something a war crime under Bush, and calling the same thing "disappointing" under Obama)?
Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish you'd asked me that before the debate, since "Obama disappointing" has been eclipsed by bitter lefty remarks about O's debate performance.

[ October 04, 2012, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Pete at Home ]

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

quote:

I guess so, if I gave it much thought. But to be fair, I thought they were delusional Kool Aid drinkers then so it doesn't surprise me enough to matter. You're always going to have people with strong cognitive biases on every issue. There are idiots on the right and left and in the middle, etc.

I did think the Center-Left treated Cindy Sheehan pretty shabbily after Obama took over. Particularly the Left wing media. It's almost comical how she went from a regular fixture to a nobody in a pretty short period of time.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

"I did think the Center-Left treated Cindy Sheehan pretty shabbily after Obama took over."

Yup. From Joan the Blab-twist to the Anti-Bama -- in 2 short months. Poof!

KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete and JW,

It's obvious that neither of you actually read any of the news outlets from the left you criticize, as there has been plenty of condemnation of Obama there -- not just "disappointment."

Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page