Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » President Obama Says We "must" Condemn "those who slander the prophet of Islam" (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: President Obama Says We "must" Condemn "those who slander the prophet of Islam"
AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Origin of Species" was published in 1859. His other main work was "The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex" and was published in 1871, overview here.

[ October 03, 2012, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: AI Wessex ]

Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Origin of Species" is the better writing of the two books, I think.

Darwin is very accessible to the non-scientist, and he's so good with analogies, that if I had to design an English curriculum for high school, we'd read Darwin.

[ October 03, 2012, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Pete at Home ]

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Al & Pete.

I've read Origin of Species a long time ago. At this point, I don't really remember it that well. I'll probably add both it and 'The Descent of Man' to my Kindle.

Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/04/new-dinosaur-discovery-in-south-africa-a-cross-between-a-bird-a-vampire-and-a-porcupine/

A new dinosaur the size of a house cat and described as a cross between “a bird, a vampire and a porcupine” has been identified in a piece of rock from South Africa. ... Pegomastax africanus, or "thick jaw from Africa," lived between 100 million to 200 million years ago. It had the weight of a small house cat and stood less than a foot off of the ground.

[ October 04, 2012, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Pete at Home ]

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.W.
Member # 4370

- posted      Profile for D.W.   Email D.W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure they will soon have a staring role some weekend on the SyFy channel.
Posts: 4308 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
(And, sadly, I haven't watched South Park in years, so I can't begin to hazard a guess. I'm genuinely sorry about that.)

My favorite is BUTTERS. Butters is the man! [LOL]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page