Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Bragging time - I just cured autoimmune and cancer :) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bragging time - I just cured autoimmune and cancer :)
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

this past year I've been researching like a fiend, and now have EVERY major chronic disease figured out. Only figured out most of the autoimmunes and cancers this morning, also vericose veins, and athersclerosis and type ii diabetes over the weekend. The good news is that the autoimmunes and almost every other chronic disease are completely and easily reversible (though unfortunately the longer the individual has lived with it, the more timely and difficult to reverse), the bad news is that the cancers and maybe some of the neurological are not (but I can generally completely halt their progression, and probably reverse them in the majority of cases). Also this cures most of what we refer to as aging.

I'm going to publish my updated manuscript (my book that I mentioned almost a year ago but vastly revised and expanded, and an excerpt of the book that I'll upload to lanl xarchive for research papers) as quickly as possible.

I'd like a few trusted ornerians to read it, and give feedback. The turnaround time has to be extremely quick though since like I said, I'd like to publish at the end of the next week or so and maybe sooner (mostly i need to do some quick writing and referencing, add a few diagrams, upload to the various booksellers.) Also would like to file another provisional patent before i make things public.

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djquag1
Member # 6553

- posted      Profile for djquag1   Email djquag1       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol.

I will of course eat crow if you really have made the most important medical and biological discovery of the past century or so. But seeing as how you haven't? Lol.

Make sure to shill your book on late night infomercials. They're good places to pull in marks.

Posts: 769 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sort of breaks my heart, LR. But I wish you well.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you will definitely eat crow [Smile]

I presented part of it at the biodesign institute at ASU a week or so ago.

http://www.biodesign.asu.edu/calendar/biodesign-data-club---barrila-

Ms. Barrila wasn't available to present so I ended up getting the whole hour, which I needed more than due to interuptions...

See 'Tom Musgrove' that is me [Smile]

Anywho, the theory wasn't quite complete when I presented it about two weeks ago (did a bit of handwaving on most of the autoimmune and cancer stuff, and just made an assertion based on only having figured out Type 1 diabetes - the assertion was correct, but incomplete. One of the top folks in autoimmune there was arguing with me for about 15 minutes because I didn't have enough detail so he insisted I had to be wrong, so this past week was filling in the details and it all came together).

[ October 29, 2012, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: LetterRip ]

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWatts
Member # 6523

- posted      Profile for JWatts   Email JWatts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope your right, LetterRip. However, your claims are extraordinary, so your proof needs to be extraordinary also.
Posts: 4700 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.W.
Member # 4370

- posted      Profile for D.W.   Email D.W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! Congrats on your success! (or on your research so far.) [Smile]
Posts: 4308 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've gotta say that I'm with the "You sound like a quack" side of things. If you've really got it figured out then I'm sure you both realize that and don't care. [Smile]

Best of luck. I'm always looking forward to the cure for cancer, so if you've got it then groovy.

Posts: 3481 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound too good to be true, so it probably isn't.

But since I have a stake in this game, here's the best of luck to you. And it would be way too cool for us to hear of it first. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you claimed to have cured autism, my reaction was a mixture of skepticism and trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I am a total layman when it comes to medicine, so if you were to have done so, I expect I would have experienced confirmation when you got a nobel prize or something for curing autism. However, the claim to have cured cancer, AIDS and aging... I think my reaction is closer to Tom's this time. But I likewise wish you the best.
Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

Adam,

sorry haven't cured AIDS - i meant the chronic non bacterial and non viral diseaeses (well many of the viral and bacterial diseases aren't really the fault of the viral and bacterial disease but that isn't really salient), no impact on mad cow disease either.

5 am, and just figured out Multiple Sclerosis - it was a tough bitch, but it also only took half a day [Smile]

MattP - yep totally expect disbelief and totally don't care.

Wayward, first to hear is either my patent attorney, my mom, my sister, two or three different close friends of mine, my moms best friend (who lives just down the way), or a researcher friend of mine at ASU who studies cancer and autoimmune, and for some recent discoveries some cool new guys who gave good feedback on my talk. Also some folks I met at Google Summer of Code last weekend who do research in this field. So you guys are more like 8th plus to hear [Smile]

That said, haven't told the ASU researchers yet the autoimmune and cancer cause and cures. Waiting till Friday for that. Note also that 'cure for cancer' in this context is maybe not a cure just nearly perfect prevention. That said when I figured out MS it gave me a likely cure also.

yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LR have their been any studies (or anecdotes) verifying your autism claims?

Keep up the good work and best of luck.

[ October 30, 2012, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: yossarian22c ]

Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

yoassarian22c,

I actually moved (temporarily possibly) to Arizona to find collaborators, which is why I'm in contact with the folks at ASU. Still haven't set up studies, but fortunately my treatment for the autoimmunes and most of the other chronic diseases is fast and easy to test, and should show dramatic results in a short period of time. Whereas the neurological diseases and cancer will be slow to reverse unless they are in the initial stages.

Also my explanation now has a beautiful unifying reason that explains all sort of seemingly arbitrary disease commorbidity and the commorbidity of risk factors and of symptoms. It also explains why different diseases are protective against other diseases. (Ie why asthma is protective for MS, why MS is protective for most cancers).

AI Wessex
Member # 6653

- posted      Profile for AI Wessex   Email AI Wessex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are extraordinary claims that would completely revolutionize a whole basketful of fields that have been extensively researched by some of the most brilliant minds in the world, so let's just say I'm skeptical. Your link doesn't provide content, so is there a way we can watch the proceedings or read a transcript?

If you're wrong LR, you might have a soft landing with us because we (many of us, anyway) know how passionate you are on the subject. But that's not the same as getting a pass on making unprovable assertions. Like other well-wishers, if something truly wonderful doesn't come from what you're doing, I hope at least something good does.

Posts: 8393 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshuaD
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for JoshuaD   Email JoshuaD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LR: I'll say the same thing I said in your previous thread. I hope you're right. If you really believe that you have these discoveries, make sure they're written down in a way that someone could understand and build from if you got hit by a bus tomorrow.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

Al Wessex,

my talk isn't available, but as I said - a few trusted ornerians are invited to preview my book to give feedback. I'll put some of my slides with an explanation in a free to read paper that I release around the time of my book that will cover a small subset of the diseases (will probably just explain cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Type II diabetes, and Athersclerosis, and Pernicious Anemia or such). Might put the paper out a few days ahead of the book or so...

LetterRip
Member # 310

JoshuaD, my patent attorney and the researcher at ASU could both provide it to the world and I have my book most of the way finished, just adding in details and such and organizing, doing drawings, etc. No building from is required - I have it layed out in enough detail now that any half competent individual with a medical or research background can easily make use of it (any lay person who can pass 5th grade could understand enough to make use of it, but wouldn't fully understand all of the details). Just the into to my book and main drawing are enough to explain it and cure about 70% of cases, the remainder of cases needs understanding of additional somewhat more complex and subtle mechanisms.
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best look. While it seems unlikely so did using antibiotics for treating ulsers. On rare occasions there are truly fantastic medical breakthroughs.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But even LetterRip can tell you just how rare those occasions are. [Frown]
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since cancer and diabetes ARE auto-immune diseases if someone could find a way to prevent the failure of the immune system then a single (more or less) solution could cure or prevent these disease processes. Is it likely? NO. Is it possible? Maybe. Has it been discovered by LR? Time will tell. In the mean time tempered hope costs us nothing.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but this has all the hallmarks of someone in a full-on high functioning manic episode.
Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least he's in contact with people, Kid. There's a guy posting on Hatrack right now whose situation seems a little more dire, so I'm intervening more directly; with LR, I'm hopeful that his friends and family will keep him grounded.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear that your helping out, Tom. [Smile]

I wasn't sure if I should say anything, but felt like I should, though I'm not as close to folks here and may be late in the loop.

I sincerely hope things work out in that other case. I do feel that it's important for us to acknowledge what's going on here.

[ October 30, 2012, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: KidTokyo ]

Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just glad he has found some people to collaborate with. If his ideas are valid they need to be tested, verified and given to the world. If his ideas don't pan out, hopefully someone else can build off his work.
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

I'm fully aware of how seemingly incredible and impossible this all sounds, and yes definitely sounds like manic. I don't begrudge you your skepticism, I'd certainly be inclined to skepticism or wondering if someone were crazy if they made such a claim as well.

I'm certainly am manic right now (well in a general sense I suppose, right now I'm just plain tired from writing this morning and drowsy from a nap), but it isn't the false sense of over confidence that is characteristic of a disorder.

This is a mania born of solving the most incredibly difficult puzzles in history and the key for each popping into my head after sometimes just hours of the most intense thinking.

I do end up dancing around my house in joy, singing ridiculous songs, talking to God (nah not hearing his voice [Smile] - also not necessarily God per say - it might be the mental embodiment of nature as an opponent - more of a 'well played' congratulations to a worthy riddle designer) etc. (and also thinking 'in your face Flanders' to whatever ill that I've vanquished - in the manner of Homer Simpson [Smile] ) - I do that for any puzzle that I solve though.

I do truly appreciate your concern, I'm sure many of you won't be convinced that I'm not crazy or a deluded fool till I publish, and quite possibly not even then [Smile]

Mynnion,

cancer most definitely is NOT an autoimmune disease. Interestingly Type I is one of the few major autoimmunes that doesn't contribute to the cause of cancer. Also Type II diabetes isn't an autoimmune either it is a 'metabolic disorder'.

[ October 30, 2012, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: LetterRip ]

LetterRip
Member # 310

Wayward,

quote:
But even LetterRip can tell you just how rare those occasions are.
The only breakthrough of similar magnitude in history was 1905 [Smile]
Wayward Son
Member # 210

Which, of course, is why we are so skeptical, and why we are trying to caution you (each in his or her own way) to be ready for a fall.

I don't know how many times a week I mutter to myself, "Drat. Another perfectly good theory shot down by the facts." [Smile]

(Although we'd love it if you were right. I'd don't mind being 8th! [Big Grin] )

PSRT
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for PSRT   Email PSRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing ever came of the autism cure. Why should we believe this one,when you have a history of making claims of this nature that don't pan out?
Posts: 2152 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

In LR's defense at the time of the autism claim he was not working with anyone and medical trials are expensive and take time. I'm hopeful some of his collaborators at ASU can help him organize the studies and/or present the information to doctors who can use it.
LetterRip
Member # 310

PSRT,

quote:
Nothing ever came of the autism cure. Why should we believe this one,when you have a history of making claims of this nature that don't pan out?
Research moves dreadfully slowly as far as actually testing things on people, all I can do is experiment on myself and friends. I haven't done much in the way of getting things published, but like I said that will change shortly. This research is just finishing chasing the rabbit down the hole. Anywho, don't expect you to believe me till I'm published, and not necessarily even then. Probably many won't believe me till someone they know has been cured of a dreadful illness by my research. Fortunately the autoimmunes are ones that should give quick results and turnaround (as do many of the psychological problems, GERD, and a few others) whereas preventing cancers (which would only be verifiable via quite large statistical analyses of epidemiological data, and via animal studies) and severe neurological degeneration will tend to take awhile to confirm.
LetterRip
Member # 310

yossarin,

some of the folks I've become acquainted with have good contacts at Mayo clinic, so should hopefully move quickly once I get things published.

seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
whereas preventing cancers...and severe neurological degeneration will tend to take awhile to confirm.
Wait. What you're claiming to have done is becoming less clear.

Have you "cured" cancer, or do you have a plan that might obviate some instances of cancer?

And (whilst I'm imagining queries to quench my curio--considersome of all these cloud maps in the memes): will I have to purchase expensive snake oils, or drastically change my diet to catch the cure?

Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djquag1
Member # 6553

- posted      Profile for djquag1   Email djquag1       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a type one diabetic, I just want to point out that once the beta cells are gone, they're gone.

You might be hocking a prevention for 1-diabetes, but it doesn't sound like it'd be a cure.

Posts: 769 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

As someone who suffered from rather severe childhood asthma I truly hope that your research can prevent other children from those experiences. I occasionally still have minor symptoms if you want to use me as a guinea pig.
cherrypoptart
Member # 3942

- posted      Profile for cherrypoptart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I've been exposed to too many cloak and dagger books and movies that have this type of plot as well as heard it on Coast to Coast late at night, but if I might make one suggestion it would be to take your personal security very seriously as they are monied interests that have a stake in not having the solutions to many of our problems found, including diseases and energy. Be careful, and maybe set it up so your work can get out there by multiple means that cannot be stopped. Also, congratulations!
Posts: 7675 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

djquang1,

if you look at the spleen it actually regenerates beta cells. However, the more that are destroyed, obviously the longer it will take to regenerate.

http://psychcentral.com/news/archives/2006-11/mgh-ndf112106.html

seeking,

not sure what in the vein of dietary changes would be required might be limited or none. Might be fairly significant, i think it would be moderate, if any.

yossarian,

can email you if you like.

cherry,

for the first three months I was extremely paranoid about that sort of thing. However, nowadays I mostly just ensure that I don't put myself in a situation where i can be hit by a out of control car, or killed by a mugger easily.

LetterRip
Member # 310

seeking,

I think I can reduce the number of cases by 99%, not clear if I can reverse it once it has started or not. Pretty sure I can, but to be positive needs experiments.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

I have to say, LR, it's "statistics" like "99%" that make me the most skeptical, here.
LetterRip
Member # 310

TomD,

The stats are rough guesstimate I could probably get quite exact numbers, but that would take time that I'm not inclined to spend right now. If you prefer substitute 'in almost every case', which the % is a shorthand for.

Ben
Member # 1153

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's hoping for congratulations, and I'd offer to review except I don't have the expertise or time. I'd like to have a copy when available to look through your ideas. Like most of us Orneryians, quite a bit of skepticism though I can see how a lot of things you mention might be related. Take care and be safe.
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel concerned. (Concerned enough to have dug my password out of the dusty past and logged back in.) I did review the earlier work on autism (out of which I believe the newest work to have arisen). As I said at the time there are interesting ideas contained therein but nothing that I believe to justify the expansive claims made here.

LR you do have people around you, right? Please take care of yourself.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page