Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » best personal ad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best personal ad
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" I am looking for a romantic man wqho will feel the same for me, my child, and my dog"

Really?

Better steer away from now on. Yikes.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G3
Member # 6723

- posted      Profile for G3   Email G3       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQvVBZgI_k

When you've been blown off by the rest, settle for second best

[ August 22, 2013, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: G3 ]

Posts: 2234 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good heavens. I just saw another horrifying personal ad where that features a prim conservative looking lady folding her hands like the Mona Lisa, with her 15 year old buxom daughter in the foreground, bending forward to give the camera a view down her shirt. I'd call child protection authorities but I'm afraid they'd ask me why I was looking at the picture ... honest I was looking for a woman my own AGE to go dancing with.

I never wanted to grow into one of those middle aged guys that belluaches about how the world has gone insane ...

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJQuag
Member # 3582

- posted      Profile for DJQuag   Email DJQuag       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/sex/a/gold_digger.htm

I found this one to be pretty funny.

Posts: 476 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't exactly a personal ad...
http://restauranttipsfromaserialdater.tumblr.com/

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by DJQuag:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/sex/a/gold_digger.htm

I found this one to be pretty funny.

Please God let me never have to live or date in New York City!
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please God let me never have to live or date in New York City!
Oh, goodness, it's not like that here at all! You just have to steer clear of personal adds, and go instead to evening classes, meetup events, interest groups, etc. If you go by personal ads it will be a disaster.

I met my wife in NYC only 9 months after moving from Cali. I was making $30k in customer service and she was a poet/business analyst/model of stunning gorgeousness. Still is.

You don't need megabucks to find love here, just resourcefulness. Then again, I am, objectively speaking, ridiculously lucky. [Smile]

Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

My fear would be I'd lose my humanity talking and associating with people that think and speak lie both the man and the woman did ... guess I've developed a Yankee prejudice from working for one.
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a prank, Pete. There may be a few humans in NYC who speak like that, but in my 14 years here I've never met one.
Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

My bad luck then ... and some folks I know here that moved away from their families that thought that way.
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

I'm not saying they don't exist...just that they don't define the city culture at all. Personalities here run the full gamut of humanity. [Smile]
Pete at Home
Member # 429

You're right. Actually with an excellent transit system, and Central Park, NYC might be a fun place for me. Prejudices and stereotypes are often unfair. I'm a little startled to hear that you could even live there on $30,000, let alone find love there. Guess the world isn't exactly what I've been told.
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

I started out in Jersey City, just across the Hudson -- a 20 min commute by bus to my job in Midtown. I had roommates, that's how it's done. Russians, in my case. After I met my future wife, we lived together in a railroad apartment in Brooklyn. If you're sharing rent, you can live in NYC on a modest income. It's tight, but not impossible. Adjust your expectations for living space, is all. I was and am happy.

For what it's worth, there is a prominent LDS temple in Lincoln Center.

I think you'd like it here, Pete. People come from all over, and there is no better place for falling in love. Walking with a date in Central Park in June is heaven on earth, and you can picnic and enjoy free music.

The main catch -- we have too many lawyers for the economy to support. [Frown] I've been working since passing the bar but many haven't, and for many it's one doc review after the next. That may change though with an economic uptick.

OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the city. I couldn't really live there again (and arguably never really properly lived there at all) - it's too much for me, it's like drinking from a firehose all the time. But I do love to visit, and I've never understood the bad rap it gets in some circles. I know lots of people who have lived in NYC on a modest income and found lots of joy and love.
Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page