Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » In recognition of the greatness of our society....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In recognition of the greatness of our society....
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tinyurl.com/mbexp53
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedVW on a Laptop
Member # 615

- posted      Profile for RedVW on a Laptop   Email RedVW on a Laptop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest its a passive aggressive song and video. Pretty much exhales what the media sees as wrong.

I've got a broad sense of humor. This wasn't very good.

Then again I didn't have a problem with Maplethorpe. Because I could appreciate his intent as having artistic merit. I wouldn't patronize his art but I also wouldn't argue it isn't art. But, I also would argue it was pretty insulting and demeaning.

In the case of this video- I'm having a problem discerning its artistic merit. The issue that it's insulting and demeaning is so obvious that you really can't argue it isn't.

About the only thing of interest here is who made it and why did they waste their money?

Posts: 507 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are reacting to it as if it were meant to be cogent, insightful satire, and missing the point of the band in question. Watch a couple of their other videos, perhaps, and recognize that this is not exactly political commentary. *grin* (I wouldn't've posted it if it had been political commentary.)
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedVW on a Laptop
Member # 615

- posted      Profile for RedVW on a Laptop   Email RedVW on a Laptop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that utterly wasted interval of time.
Posts: 507 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

I maintain that your life is fuller for having had that experience. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 99

For my part, I think they manage to out-ScissorSisters the Scissor Sisters. The fact that their lead singer is a professional lacrosse player makes it better, too, somehow.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page