Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Wisconsin Democrats take the next step (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wisconsin Democrats take the next step
Fenring
Member # 6953

- posted      Profile for Fenring   Email Fenring       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AI Wessex:
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
But he didn't make a bomb threat. He might (and there is no evidence for this) have been planning a bomb hoax in the future. We don't actually arrest people for things that they haven't done.

If everyone can come to some understanding about why the school teachers and administration acted as they did in this case, perhaps you can also offer an explanation for the story Rafi G gave us as to why his sister was suspended for three days for saying she wanted to blow up her school. Too harsh, perhaps?
Since you quoted kmbboots I assume you're referencing her statement that people aren't arrested for things they haven't done (which incidentally hasn't been true since Patriot Act was passed; an entirely relevant point of fact when considering potential bomb-related issues).

However it should be noted that speech counts as "doing something" and certain kinds of speech are illegal. I don't know if three days' suspension is too much for a bomb threat, but some punishment was surely in order if she really said that.

Posts: 1636 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page