Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » UN Peacekeepers to occupy Ferguson Missouri (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: UN Peacekeepers to occupy Ferguson Missouri
NobleHunter
Member # 2450

- posted      Profile for NobleHunter   Email NobleHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there's much Obama could have practically done to calm it down. It would be politically impossible for him to effectively address the protestor's concerns. If he'd backed the police, the protesters would have been energized by the perceived betrayal. All he can do is provide empty platitudes about rejecting violence and promising justice, which is worth slightly less than the paper they're printed on.

It seems to me that 'race-hustlers' are the product of a convenient fantasy that the forces driving this are artificial and controllable. These protests are emergent events rather than orchestrated ones. To attribute them to populist demagogues is to remove them from their context, which risks losing any capability to understand their cause.

Posts: 2581 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seneca
Member # 6790

- posted      Profile for Seneca   Email Seneca       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong. I disagree with your analysis 100%.

If Obama gave a prime time televised speech telling the "black community" that this needs to end and they need to stop looting, burning and causing violence, and that he stands behind police it would have a major chilling effect.

The social media posts and net history of the NYC cop killer proves this.

Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NobleHunter
Member # 2450

- posted      Profile for NobleHunter   Email NobleHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the "black community" would tell him to get stuffed, among other things. Assuming he has the same credibility with them as he does with me, anyways. Whatever he said, they'd hear: "stop protesting murderous cops; accept the fact you can be killed without reason and no one will care." I can't imagine it going over well.
Posts: 2581 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fenring
Member # 6953

- posted      Profile for Fenring   Email Fenring       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying there's no much Obama could do, and then turning around and saying Obama has no credibility with anyone is just a tautology. "He couldn't have done anything because he can't do anything." If you believe that then there's not much to discuss.
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NobleHunter
Member # 2450

There are things he'd have the credibility to do, but backing the police isn't one of them. It's just the other things would cause a different kind of trouble and so he doesn't do them.
noel c.
Member # 6699

- posted      Profile for noel c.   Email noel c.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NH,

"Gunman Ismaaiyl Brinsley Told Bystanders to 'Watch What I'm Going to Do': Cops"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gunman-ismaaiyl-brinsley-told-bystanders-watch-what-im-going-do-n272796

He had 215 "likes" on his "pigs with wings" post this morning.

If Barry does not have any credibility except for the promotion of an atmosphere of distrust, perhaps Jesse Jackson should assume the mantle of black conscience. :

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating."

[ December 21, 2014, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: noel c. ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshCrow
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for JoshCrow   Email JoshCrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emotional people can't be reasoned with, and once assembled for a purpose, they are not interested in being told anything that isn't exactly what they want to hear. The place for discussing this isn't from a podium, but in quieter and more thoughtful venues with some distance from individual events.

The most thoughtful response I've heard to this has come from Charles Barkley, of all people.

Posts: 2281 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel c.
Member # 6699

- posted      Profile for noel c.   Email noel c.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The place for discussing this isn't from a podium, but in quieter and more thoughtful venues with some distance from individual events. "...

This is perhaps shorthand for the same conclusion reached by the NYPD... they are "at war".

In electing purveyors of racial discord, we have sewn the wind... now we will reap the whirlwind.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshCrow
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for JoshCrow   Email JoshCrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noel c.:

In electing purveyors of racial discord, we have sewn the wind... now we will reap the whirlwind.

I wasn't saying public figures are responsible for the actions of individual citizens. In fact I was saying the opposite - they are irrelevant, hamstrung by the job requirement to say nothing of substance that would disturb anyone. Your assertions about leadership are groundless here. There is no calming a raging bull, neither is there further fanning of the flames.

The greatest calamity of this situation is the constant refusal of people to assign to individuals the direct responsibility for their actions, instead casting asperions on the targets they don't like. Blacks and liberals onto the police at large for the actions of a few, the conservatives back onto blacks for the criminal element in their midst, and apparently, you onto Obama, for reasons of your own.

[ December 21, 2014, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: JoshCrow ]

Posts: 2281 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel c.
Member # 6699

It is difficult to calm a raging bull, but if the leather strap is not cinched across its gonads in the first place the dynamic is moot.

Are you saying the input of political agitators was never "relevant"?

Seneca
Member # 6790

- posted      Profile for Seneca   Email Seneca       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's face reality, even if you don't think Obama could stop certain racist forces from looting and rioting, he certainly made it worse with his commentary on the Zimmerman trial, Ferguson and New York.
Posts: 6017 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather he child have made it worse if he had pushed the racist apologetics you suggest he said, instead of offering some ginger of how that he was taking justice seriously and might actually try to do something to push back against abuses. Doubling down on like you suggested would have provoked an even worse response than what we saw when the justice system effectively signaled that it would rubberstamp arbitrary executions without serious scrutiny.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seneca
Member # 6790

quote:
Originally posted by Pyrtolin:
Rather he child have made it worse if he had pushed the racist apologetics you suggest he said, instead of offering some ginger of how that he was taking justice seriously and might actually try to do something to push back against abuses. Doubling down on like you suggested would have provoked an even worse response than what we saw when the justice system effectively signaled that it would rubberstamp arbitrary executions without serious scrutiny.

That's absurd. It's exactly the opposite of reality.

Numerous polls have shown people believe racism is worse in America since Obama took office, not better. Racism only exists in the minds of people as they act on it, it's not as if racism is a physical object somewhere. And don't bother talking about institutionalized racist structures in society, I've heard it all before, and it's just not true, I am living proof of that. Obama is living proof of that. Eric Holder is living proof of that. Period.

The Obama administration made this infinitely worse by sticking their nose into a local matter, and low and behold, nothing came of their investigations despite numerous autopsies and a legion of federal investigators who found NOTHING.

Remember the Zimmerman civil rights investigation? Nothing.
The Wilson civil rights investigation? Nothing.

Seeing a pattern here?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/08/18/how-the-obama-administration-helped-worsen-ferguson/

noel c.
Member # 6699

Pyrtolin,

I get that you think Brown was an innocent impediment to the random passage of a malevolent 40 caliber slug, but the rest of what you said is completely unintelligible.

Could you eliminate half, or better, of the verbiage... and still manage to make your point?

Seneca
Member # 6790

So after Brown's death, we got death threats to the cops.

What did we get after these cops' deaths from their families?

quote:
Ramos' cousin, Ronnie Gonzalez, said the family has already forgiven the gunman.

"He's in the hands of God now," Gonzalez said. "We don't believe in vengeance, we just forgive."

Lucy Ramos, his aunt, asked for a “peaceful co-existence” and hopes that the community can move forward from the shooting.

A candlelight vigil was held at the scene of the shooting on Sunday night.

Ramos was married with a 13-year-old son and had another in college, police and a friend told the Associated Press. He had been on the job since 2012 and was a school safety officer.

I think the difference here is clear.
noel c.
Member # 6699

Ronnie Gonzales also said... :

"You (deBlasio) need to support your police officers as well. And this is the reason why they gave him their back. He didn’t show them support and he needs to support them... "

He also invited deBlasio to Ramos' funeral, and the family home, in juxtaposition to union chief Pat Lynch's petition circulated last week.

kmbboots
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forget, are we supposed to be politicizing it when a crazy person with a gun kills people now or not?
Posts: 2635 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel c.
Member # 6699

Kmbboots,

"I forget, are we supposed to be politicizing it when a crazy person with a gun kills people now or not? "...

If that "crazy person" is incited to violence through the irresponsible public pronouncements of Barry, Holder, and DeBlasio... what justification would permit you to excuse the consequence as mere "politicization"?

Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If that "crazy person" is incited to violence through the irresponsible public pronouncements of Barry, Holder, and DeBlasio... what justification would permit you to excuse the consequence as mere "politicization"?
When that happens anywhere but in the fantasy of authoritarians who are desperately trying to shift blame for the results of police brutality and militarization to those that are shining light on it instead of letting it continue to be ignored while it festers and grows.
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who do you blame for the deaths of Igor Soldo and Alyn Beck?
Posts: 2635 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

quote:
"The entire notion of having to prove or sell the idea to the majority is, in and of itself evidence that discrimination is still an active factor, because that need in and of itself shows a line of separation that the majority is enforcing and making people on the other side have to do extra work to cross. "...

I am really resistant to the idea of engaging you on a topic that requires cumulative agreement on facts which are objectively verifiable, but can you lay out your reasoning as to why the process described above is "racism", and not simply the give-and-take of democratic discourse?

Because we're talking about relative population segments and ability to be heard and respected in discussion, not the final results of political votes. Heck, the majority (empowered group) in this case doesn't actually have to be a numerical majority- (see South Africa, where whites were distinctly a minority, but had such a grip on power that they still defined the default for political considerations)

Take a majority segment that makes up 50% of a given population and a minority segment that makes up 20%. If a problem affects 10% of the majority (5%), it's taken seriously and addressed in public discourse without that 5% of the population needing to make an argument to the majority that it's being affected, because even that small segment, due to its identification with the majority is considered to represent an across the board risk.

On the other hand, if a problem affects 75% of the minority (15% of the population) but is dismissible among the majority suddenly that much larger segment of the population must actively prove to the majority that its concerns are relevant and worth consideration, rather than simply its won fault due to being a minority and looking and behaving in ways that the majority can used my the majority to other them.

This isn't normal democratic discourse- this is shutting people out of that process and putting extra burdens on them to even be able to participate based purely on their appearance or other traits that have no relevance other than that they can be used by the empowered group to draw a distinction that allows their concerns to be dismissed and blamed on that difference.

kmbboots
Member # 6161

Explain the motivation behind this? Watch: FOX Caught Editing Peaceful Protest Chant to Sound Like ‘Kill a Cop!’
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I participated in the protests in NYC and I was impressed at how non-violent and, more importantly, how disciplined they were. Even when individual protesters were being needlessly punched in the head by cops in response to purely verbal taunts(this happened directly in front of me) the protesters as a whole refrained from responding violently, and would actively restrain those few among them who appeared ready to lose control.

This is particularly impressive, given the inherent paranoia of knowing that there are undercovers amongst you trying to divert you down side streets and break up the group.

The claim by the NYPD union chief that there is “blood on the hands” of anyone other than the lone lunatic who killed two officers is deplorable authoritarian garbage.

Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 6161

LAPD celebrate Michael Brown’s killing with racist song web page

quote:
And he’s dead, dead Michael Brown
Deadest man in the whole damn town
His whole life’s long gone
Deader than a roadkill dog.

quote:
“He’s a goofball who writes funny songs,” his lawyer continued. “He thought the room would get a kick out of it.”

Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
LAPD celebrate Michael Brown’s killing with racist song web page

quote:
And he’s dead, dead Michael Brown
Deadest man in the whole damn town
His whole life’s long gone
Deader than a roadkill dog.

quote:
“He’s a goofball who writes funny songs,” his lawyer continued. “He thought the room would get a kick out of it.”

I would not be surprised if the room did indeed get a kick out of it. [Frown]
Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel c.
Member # 6699

Kmbboots,

I am sure that you have already seen this. :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

... Just a few of your "crazy" people I suppose? Please respond to my earlier question if you can... "If that 'crazy person' is incited to violence through the irresponsible public pronouncements of Barry, Holder, and DeBlasio... what justification would permit you to excuse the consequence as mere 'politicization'?"

The Fox affiliate video does not really speak to events in New York... except possibly the unintelligibility of ghetto english.

Kid,

"I participated in the protests in NYC and I was impressed at how non-violent and, more importantly, how disciplined they were. "...

Good for you! I am sure it made you feel relevant.

What was significant about the "organization" to me was the effectiveness in blocking traffic at intersections, and bridges. There was even a failed bid to disrupt the Christmas Tree lighting.

Did you participate is this activity?

"The claim by the NYPD union chief that there is 'blood on the hands' of anyone other than the lone lunatic who killed two officers is deplorable authoritarian garbage. "...

I am not overly receptive to union boss rants either, but the victims families, along with the NYPD rank and file seem to concur with Lynch's assessment of the danger DeBlasio put them in.

Is that what you are calling "authoritarian garbage"?

[ December 23, 2014, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: noel c. ]

philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not overly receptive to union boss rants either, but the victims families, along with the NYPD rank and file seem to concur with Lynch's assessment of the danger DeBlasio put them in.

I think I missed something. How did De Blasio put them in danger?
Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for KidTokyo   Email KidTokyo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I participated in the protests in NYC and I was impressed at how non-violent and, more importantly, how disciplined they were. "...

Good for you! I am sure it made you feel relevant.

What was significant about the "organization" to me was the effectiveness in blocking traffic at intersections, and bridges. There was even a failed bid to disrupt the Christmas Tree lighting.

Did you participate is this activity?

Traffic blockages are a daily occurrence in NYC. That being said, we'd didn't "block traffic" for more than one cycle of the traffic light at any one intersection. We moved around. Mostly we walked between cars, against traffic, hands raised, or on sidewalks. A *lot* of the drivers who saw us actually showed support in various ways, others just goggled like they had driven into the last 10 minutes of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I was not involved in any bid to stop the lighting of the Christmas Tree. But you're right, that crosses a line, big time, trying to stop people from....um....turning on Christmas lights. Jesus must be so mad.

quote:
Public agreement doesn't make it true. The greatest danger to the public at large is a united class of individuals legally empowered to take human life who consider themselves above public criticism by the very people who pay them -- i.e., the City and its people -- to serve and protect.

If any "group" is responsible for putting cops in danger it's the NRA for its decades of successfully fighting off any attempt to prevent the widespread availability of firearms to people who should not be carrying them. And you will find no shortage of cops who agree with that statement.

Posts: 2336 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

Incidentally, I heard no "dead cops" chants the three nights I was out. These seem to have developed later. I have been to about a dozen protests over the last decade or so and the large ones always end up with a few tweakers who go overboard with the rhetoric.

That being said, the Fox video was obviously edited to intentionally distort the meaning. That woman was not speaking "ghetto english." If you live in NYC her speech is 100% comprehensible and is no more difficult to understand that the accents of any blue-collar laborer or Italian cop. Lack of clarity is the result of using a megaphone.

Seneca
Member # 6790

The protesters in Seattle invaded the public Christmas tree lighting and even surrounded and threatened tiny young child carolers.
KidTokyo
Member # 6601

quote:
The protesters in Seattle invaded the public Christmas tree lighting and even surrounded and threatened tiny young child carolers.
[LOL] Seattle is a loooong way from NYC. But I'm sure there were NYC protesters tweeting to the sleeper cell in Seattle, some thing like "please shut down the public Christmas tree in Seattle -- that will really send a message to the people of New York!"

As for the latter, I have wanted to threaten young child carolers ever since I was child myself. It's that moment in Silent Night when they try for the high note on "Alllll is calm....." and half go flat and the other half go sharp. There is no greater pain produced by sound alone.

Seneca
Member # 6790

Not so funny when you see how close they got to children and how the few people running the event were desperate to try and get the kids out of there. The kids were clearly terrified.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/ferguson-protesters-terrify-childrens-christmas-choir-making-them-cry/

noel c.
Member # 6699

Philnotfil.

"I think I missed something. "...

The NYPD did not. :

[DeBelasio]- “With Dante (his bi-racial son) very early on, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do. Don’t move suddenly. Don’t reach for your cellphone... Because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”

... The Ferguson fire department, and police personnel who received sniper fire during the second riot did not miss it either. :

[Holder]- "I am the attorney general of the United States. But I am also a black man. I can remember being stopped on the New Jersey Turnpike on two occasions and accused of speeding. Pulled over.... 'Let me search your car.' ... Go through the trunk of my car, look under the seats and all this kind of stuff... I remember how humiliating that was and how angry I was and the impact it had on me... Police car comes driving up, flashes his lights, yells, 'Where you going? Hold it!' I say, 'Whoa, I'm going to a movie.' Now my cousin started mouthing off. I'm like, 'This is not where we want to go. Keep quiet.' I'm angry and upset. We negotiate the whole thing and we walk to our movie,.. At the time that he stopped me, I was a federal prosecutor. I wasn't a kid. I was a federal prosecutor."

[Obama]- “I join Michael’s parents in asking anyone who protests this decision to do so peacefully, (lie)... We are a nation built on the rule of law, so we need to accept that this decision was the grand jury's to make, (but)... In too many parts of this country, a deep distrust exists between law enforcement and communities of color... We need to recognize that this is not just an issue for Ferguson. This is an issue for America.”

So now "America" has two police officers, one a naturalized Asian immigrant, and the other a Hispanic, executed by one of Kmbboots "crazy people" (democratic constituents) as he traveled from Baltimore only to establish gang ties with two random New York natives bragging "watch what I'm gonna do".

These are the same people Holder hopes to reinstate with full voting rights. :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/eric-holder-makes-case-for-felons-to-get-voting-rights-back/2014/02/11/b0556492-932b-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

Yes, you "missed something".

noel c.
Member # 6699

Kid,

"Traffic blockages are a daily occurrence in NYC."...

... As are murders among the black population... no big deal, right?

"That being said, we'd didn't 'block traffic' for more than one cycle of the traffic light at any one intersection. "...

Okay, so you violated the law. No big deal, right?

"We moved around. Mostly we walked between cars, against traffic, hands raised, or on sidewalks. "...

... You actually walked on the sidewalk occasionally... what a prince! Were you part of the moronic group that walked down the middle of FDR Drive, and the Brooklin Bridge for "one cycle"?

"A 'lot' of the drivers who saw us actually showed support in various ways... "...

Ah, so you blocked the rightful passage of motor traffic because they wanted you to? My mistake; I was under the misimpression that you "marched" to exercise your first amendment right.

"... others just goggled like they had driven into the last 10 minutes of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. "..

That is because they were looking at freaks who should have been arrested. A responsible Mayor would have ordered police to confine you to the sidewalk, and arrest you if you failed to comply.

This post is the most revealing one that I have read from you yet Kid.

noel c.
Member # 6699

Kid,

I missed this. :

"Incidentally, I heard no 'dead cops' chants the three nights I was out. These seem to have developed later. "...

Is that somehow relevant?

"I have been to about a dozen protests over the last decade or so and the large ones always end up with a few tweakers who go overboard with the rhetoric. "...

I have been to a couple of conservative "protests". Most people brought their small children, and some laid out picknicks. One liberal infiltrator brought a holstered dummy revolver to threaten people at the hanging-chad assembly in Sacramento during the Gore fiasco. I came very close to tackling the idiot prior to the appearance of park police. A mother stopped me. It is just a different caliber of person that shows up for conservative causes.

"That being said, the Fox video was obviously edited to intentionally distort the meaning. "...

Right.

"If you live in NYC her speech is 100% comprehensible and is no more difficult to understand that the accents of any blue-collar laborer or Italian cop. "

Or possibly Japanese?

"Lack of clarity is the result of using a megaphone. "...

At least we agree that it was not clear.

noel c.
Member # 6699

Seneca,

I did not know about that mall incident... totally disgusting, but do not expect Kid to understand. :

"I was not involved in any bid to stop the lighting of the Christmas Tree. But you're right, that crosses a line, big time, trying to stop people from....um....turning on Christmas lights. Jesus must be so mad. "...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/03/eric-garner-decision-protests/

Merry Christmas.

KidTokyo
Member # 6601

Seneca,

In all honestly I'm not sure why I'm being asked to account for something that happened on the opposite side of the country. I protested in NYC, as a citizen of NYC, in response something that happened in NYC. I and the vast majority of protesters in NYC were not even aware of anything happening in Seattle. Believe it or not, the protests in NYC cut a wide swath economically, ethnically, racially, etc. People came from all over the city.

My uninformed opinion-from-a-distance is that the protests on the West Coast seem less focused and more "angry", like young rebellion, and less like the expression of community we felt in NYC. But that's just my impression from a distance. I don't trust the media to report things accurately.

Noel,

quote:
It is just a different caliber of person that shows up for conservative causes.
.45?
PSRT
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for PSRT   Email PSRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"That being said, the Fox video was obviously edited to intentionally distort the meaning. "...

Right.

You claim to be able to answer direct questions, Noel. Here is one for you. I think most people who converse with you do not believe you can answer direct questions. Here is an opportunity to prove us wrong: Do you think the video was intentionally distorted to make a political point, or do you think it is a correct portrayal of what happened?
Posts: 2152 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noel c.
Member # 6699

Kid,

"In all honestly I'm not sure why I'm being asked to account for something that happened on the opposite side of the country. I protested in NYC, as a citizen of NYC, in response something that happened in NYC. "...

You are being asked to account for rights that you denied, or deride, your fellow New Yorkers, as a law breaker of New York, because you are (apparently) proud of your illegal behavior.. it goes to your sense of "justice", and I am absolutely unsurprised that "accountability" is a foreign concept in your calculus of responsible civic activity.

"I and the vast majority of protesters in NYC were not even aware of anything happening in Seattle. Believe it or not, the protests in NYC cut a wide swath economically, ethnically, racially, etc. People came from all over the city. "...

Krystall Nacht enjoyed wide participation also, and had the tacit approval of an administration in power for only five years. Did medical transport emergencies, or police response access, even show up within "community... planning" of New York "protest" organizers? (Not to mention rights of kids at tree lightings, or other New Yorkers just trying to use public roads.)

You did make a lasting statement to fellow citizens, that found *your* behavior wanting by a margin of approximately 60%. :

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/nyregion/mayor-de-blasio-finds-support-in-handling-of-protests-poll-finds.html?referrer=

".45"...

If you are metaphorically making a comparison with bullet diameter, that would be reasonable... assuming you are wearing a .17" label.

noel c.
Member # 6699

PSRT,

"You claim to be able to answer direct questions, Noel. Here is one for you. I think most people who converse with you do not believe you can answer direct questions. Here is an opportunity to prove us wrong: Do you think the video was intentionally distorted to make a political point, or do you think it is a correct portrayal of what happened? "...

As already stated; the audio was unintelligible to me. Even Kid agrees it was distorted, and *both* videos represented that fact clearly... clearly enough, I might add, that the attenuated Fox Affiliate recording sounded exactly as it was presented (notwithstanding that within even this abbreviated text resided its own refutation). Do you understand the multi-level problem with Kmbboots claim?

Now let me ask you a direct question; Why do you think KB has remained silent on the video capturing hundreds of "protesters" advocating the murder of NYPD officers?

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page