Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » question re Darren Wilson case

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question re Darren Wilson case
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I go spend time on this, a question: is this more of the, um, same quality of evidence that was argued in the treyvor Martin case? Or put it this way: is there anyone that did NOT argue for the prosecution of Zimmerman that is outraged that Darren Wilson wasn't indicted? Because if this is just another political loyalty case, I'm going to save my sanity now.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really understand what you're asking Pete. But I am pleased you decided to start a thread about Darren Wilson. I think we need one to discuss this whole Ferguson thing in greater detail.
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fenring
Member # 6953

- posted      Profile for Fenring   Email Fenring       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Wilson that guy from Back to the Future?
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jasonr:
I don't really understand what you're asking Pete. But I am pleased you decided to start a thread about Darren Wilson. I think we need one to discuss this whole Ferguson thing in greater detail.

I am asking if there is anyone who thought that Zimmerman was innocent that thinks that Darren Wilson is guilty. Because if this is another case where someone is adjudged, guilty or innocent, according to policical affiliation of the judges, fthen I'm not going to waste my time. It's like arguing with the a jury of sheet heads.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete, I'm still fuzzy on what you're trying to prove. If I said that I thought Zimmerman innocent and Wilson guilty, so what?
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSRT
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for PSRT   Email PSRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know exactly what you are looking for.

I'm on record on this site as thinking that Zimmerman was not guilty under the law.

I also don't know whether Darren Wilson was guilty or not guilty under the law... I do know there was prosecutorial misconduct, so we'll never actually get a chance to make an as informed as possible decision.

Posts: 2152 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by jasonr:
Pete, I'm still fuzzy on what you're trying to prove. If I said that I thought Zimmerman innocent and Wilson guilty, so what?

Then maybe someone is seeing Wilson as guilty based on actual facts, making the case worth my time to consider.

Note that if PSRT said is true, then there's no motivation for me to.read it, and my earlier analysis suffices that our only sure take home from this case should be that cops should have cameras and recorders attached.

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would cops wearing cameras significantly affect malfeasance by district attorneys?

I'm with jasonr on this one; what difference does it make to your search for truth whether someone, somewhere, is either consistent or inconsistent in how they react to two separate cases of violence?

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Because I have no desire to search for truth where truth is not to be found.

Why should Wilson's guilt be determined by the issued of prosecutorial misconduct?

Look, I saw the Las Vegas City attorney apologize to a state district judge that it was "necessary" to lie to the judge earlier in the proceeding because lying to the court was the
only way to stop -- to stop what, a ticking time bomb? No, to stop my undocumented client from marrying the us citizen mother of his own three children. I've seen too much prosecutorial misconduct to consider it proof of anything.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

" I'm with jasonr on this one; what difference does it make to your search for truth whether someone, somewhere, is either consistent or inconsistent in how they react to two separate cases of violence"

I didn't say someone, I said ANYONE. And your word "consistent" is curious. Why did you choose that word? Did you *intend* to suggest it's somehow "inconsistent" to adjudge Wilson guilty and Zimmerman innocent? Or was that a Freudian slip? [Smile]

Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
to adjudge Wilson guilty and Zimmerman innocent?
?How does asserting that given incidents should have gone to trial magically become judging anyone to be guilty?
Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I didn't say someone, I said ANYONE. "

Right. You were asking specific people whether they have seen anyone do something, and were going to do what, exactly, with that information?

Don't be so lazy. Also, who was talking about guilt? You didn't ask about guilt, and nobody (yet) has responded with anything to do with guilt. My statement certainly didn't suggest anything about either case; that you could somehow link what I said to any particular 'intent' on my part says more about your current mindset than anything I actually wrote.

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page