Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Evil Dinosaurs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Evil Dinosaurs
Fenring
Member # 6953

- posted      Profile for Fenring   Email Fenring       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://abc13.com/society/are-dinosaurs-a-65-million-year-old-lie/514514/

It's so funny we almost wonder whether these people are shills for anti-Christian groups.

quote:
The writer thinks the scientific evidence for dinosaurs is scant and also claims they set a bad example for children. The writer illustrates the point with an anecdote:

"At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs) became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face."

And another gem:

quote:
"Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt."
Seriously, when will schools learn that there is no such thing as a brontosaurus?
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol!

Reminds me of my last Dungeons and Dragons campaign. the players we're up against half a dozen werewolves and maybe two dozen goblins with muskets. one of them read a scroll that was supposed to summon a "demon" To Fight for them. they were very nervous since no one had any idea what sort of the demon it was; no one had summoned a demon before. they were quite amused when the "Demon" turned out to be a t-rex

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshCrow
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for JoshCrow   Email JoshCrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite bands just released an album with an excellent title... "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here"
Posts: 2281 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of a lot of crazy american things, but I am pretty sure it was someone trolling or hoaxing, and other people fell for it.

What makes me believe this is a hoax is the fact that he "told his sister to get out of the house and then he burnt the dinosaur toys"

I think this is simply people laughing at creationists. (Granted they should be laughed and ridiculed, but yeah)

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. I looked up the Facebook page and it looks like a spoof. There might be some nut jobs that think its real but the admins pages don't look remotely Puritanistic.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the picture of Noah holding back the dinosaurs from the Ark, holding is blowing staff, gave me the general impression that was a spoof.

I wonder if the folks that started the face group, dinosaurs against Christians who don't like dinosaurs, didn't understand that was the proof, or if its the same spoofer continuing the joke.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fenring
Member # 6953

- posted      Profile for Fenring   Email Fenring       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok but let's admit it, dinosaurs are obviously evil. They'd eat you if given the chance.
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What makes me believe this is a hoax is the fact that he "told his sister to get out of the house and then he burnt the dinosaur toys"
I really really doubt this is real.

It sounds like a spoof to me.

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

my ex says that God put dinosaurs on the earth because he wanted us to have gasoline

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page