Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » This forum software is losing posts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This forum software is losing posts
Rafi
Member # 6930

- posted      Profile for Rafi   Email Rafi       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize some may like it but there's something wrong with it. Some threads are inconsistent and losing data.

For example, this thread on Eric Garner. Follow the link and you will notice that the entire thread is comprised of three pages and in the top right it says Garner (Page 0) for the location. The first post is from Pyrtolin and obviously references prior posts, presumably from page 1 but page 1 is no longer accessible. I tried several combinations of URL to coax page 1 out but no luck.

I've noticed this loss on other threads but figured it was just something unusual. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Anybody else notice this? How much more, if any, is being lost? Is there a way to recover the lost data?

Posts: 793 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed the same problem. I'd guess there's a badly constructed solution for pagination in the UBB software, because the printable view (non-paginated) still has all the posts:

http://www.ornery.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=6;t=016660

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rafi
Member # 6930

- posted      Profile for Rafi   Email Rafi       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I didn't see the printable view option, where is that?
Posts: 793 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's at the bottom of the page, on the left.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rafi
Member # 6930

[Cool]
OrneryMod
Administrator
Member # 977

- posted      Profile for OrneryMod   Email OrneryMod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're working on new software for the forums. Hopefully all goes well and we'll be able to deploy it sometime this year.
Posts: 1260 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

I hope you go with SMF. [Smile]
OrneryMod
Administrator
Member # 977

- posted      Profile for OrneryMod   Email OrneryMod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the leading candidate. [Smile]
Posts: 1260 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page