Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » And the Field Broadens.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And the Field Broadens.
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am beginning to wonder how big the GOP race will be as we add two new challengers.

I have always liked Carson as a brilliant physician who seems ruled by a strong set of ethics. I don't like all of his politics but he does have a long history of honesty. That will probably keep him from an real shot.

And an option for those who would like to see a woman and a business expert rather than the typical lawyer. Ex-CEO and previous CA Senate candidate.

Next??

Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.W.
Member # 4370

- posted      Profile for D.W.   Email D.W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the GOP is going to just write off this whole campaign. Too early to tell, but this early a petri dish approach isn't a bad plan. Try as many options as you can and see what grows. A large pool of candidates works to their advantage. The quicker they settle, the sooner a Clinton campaign takes aim on just one of them.

If nothing else it gives their final candidate (or the one for the election after this) a better feel for how to (or if it's possible to) unify their party again.

Keep your eye on the more cautious of the pack. The "chameleons" we discussed earlier will allow the "throw away" candidates to do their work for them, taking the best traits/talking points from each.

Posts: 4308 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious to see how many are still running after NH. It would be interesting to see more than Iowa and NH get to choose from more than 2 or 3 candidates.
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynnion
Member # 5287

- posted      Profile for Mynnion   Email Mynnion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we can add Huckabee since he announced today. I also saw that the DEMS have scheduled 6 debates during the primary. The way they are going we will listen to Hillary talk to herself.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yossarian22c
Member # 1779

- posted      Profile for yossarian22c   Email yossarian22c       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanders will make the debates interesting as long as he can stay in the race. I guess we'll have to wait and see if O'Malley or Sanders can gain some "not Hillary" traction.
Posts: 1121 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geraine
Member # 6844

- posted      Profile for geraine   Email geraine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jindal said that he is making a decision and would announce after Congress goes into recess. I think he will also get in.

At least the candidates aren't all old white men. There are women and minorities mixed in there too.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page