Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » OS-X question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OS-X question
WmLambert
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for WmLambert   Email WmLambert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our MIS tech told us today our client at the DCX Tech Center will approve new computers for our group finally. We'll be getting new G4 Dual processors with all the whistles and bangs that come with them.

My questions to you more knowledgeable hardware types out there is if this platform will support CATIA and to what extent? Is there any add-ons we should ask for to make their capabilities greater? We will continue with the Adobe suite for graphics, because that is the corporate standard so InDesign will get used instead of QuarkXpress, and Illustrator instead of FreeHand - but we download a lot of CATIA images for redraw, and getting the controllable data would be great.

Posts: 1372 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiu Chun-Ling
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for Chiu Chun-Ling   Email Chiu Chun-Ling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For crying out loud. This isn't a tech forum.

Why don't you try Geek.com or something like that?

My understanding is that the extra processor is very useful for graphic design apps generally and less useful for a lot of other stuff, but I'm not a Mac fan nor do I intend to become one.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently Chiu's post-human cyborg dream societies run on less proprietary hardware.

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiu Chun-Ling
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for Chiu Chun-Ling   Email Chiu Chun-Ling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just think they're too expensive for what you get, that's all.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page