Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Hillary Clinton: "I am fun."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: "I am fun."
ScottF
Member # 6897

- posted      Profile for ScottF         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I enjoy fun. I both have fun and can be fun. Fun is a word that accurately describes me and a large quantity of things of which I am fond."

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/i-am-fun-51731

Posts: 177 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad that someone's trying to fill the need for serious, meaningful ppoliticqal commentary. The retirement of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert has left a terrible void.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Onion predates both.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
The Onion predates both.

Why are you pretending that i said otherwise? still bitter about being roasted? Get over it, sugar plum.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pete, seriously, are you okay? You're sounding more than a little deranged.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Actually feeling better than usual today. And have actually had a place to live for six weeks now, and working on the rumor of a possibility of getting medical insurance. And sober 17 months.

Thanks for asking. I was delighted that you dropped the faux politeness you usually adopt when you make personal accusationss. If you want to have a serious conversation, and adress what i actually said on some topic, I'd be happy to respond in the same vein.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

What "personal accusations" have I made, exactly? On this thread, for example, I noted that the Onion is not "trying to fill the need" in a void left by the departure of Colbert and Stewart, since they've been doing what they do since long before Colbert and Stewart had shows.

In response, you called me a bitter "sugar plum" and suggested I'd been recently "roasted," although I can't think of a time when that's true.

Frankly, I think you owe me an apology, you tone-deaf *******. But I don't expect one.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

"Frankly, I think you owe me an apology, you tone-deaf *******. "

Tom, I apologize for getting so much enjoyment out of seeing you bristle when I condesce4nd to you, pretending for a moment that you really are as dumb as you pretend to be. My merriment flies in the face of Corinthians 13 and the sermon on the mount and placdes me in danger of hellfire. I would ask your forgiveness, but since you never have forgiven when I asked your pardon humbly and sincerely, I can hardely expect you to forgive me now when my apology is as phonyand gloating as most of your past shows of politeness.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

"On this thread, for example, I noted that the Onion is not "trying to fill the need" in a void left by the departure of Colbert and Stewart"

No you didnt. If you had, that would have responded to what i said. The fact that yhe Onion existed before Sterwart and Colbert's show in no way disproves that it is trying to fill a void left by their absence. Think harder. OLd entities can and dadapt (or attempt to adapt) to fill functions of departed newer entities. Did Ford and GM adapt any of Tucker's ideas. Yahuh. Did Ford and GM predate Tucker motors? yes again. So ...

TomDavidson
Member # 99

quote:
The fact that yhe Onion existed before Sterwart and Colbert's show in no way disproves that it is trying to fill a void left by their absence.
Do you believe that the Onion has suddenly begun producing more political satire than usual? Or better satire?

Satire is what they have always done, and they honestly used to do it better (back when they were an actual printed tabloid with well-paid staff.) It's not like they've suddenly stepped up their game.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

See? You *can* if you make the effort, adress what I actually said. And in this case, you are right.

what I actually meant was much less sweeping that how you took it, but this time your interpretation does honestly reflect what I said. I dont expect you to read my mind.

What I meant in this case was that I miss Colbert and Stewart and that this particular Onion Gag, for me personally, was reminiscienht of their particular brand of Satire.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

Thanks for informing me that the Onion once was a print copy with a paid staff. Didnt know that. Since I have known them, they have been amaturish with occasional awesome hits. I thought this particular piece was a hit reminiscent of Stewart and Colbert. That's all.

Good to know that you are so serious with regard to discussion of Comedy. That should be good for some material ...

TomDavidson
Member # 99

I have in the past written for the Onion, and some of its founders are personal friends. It was a fixture in Madison and Chicago for a long, long time, before they sold out. [Frown]
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Copl stuff, Tom. Link us to any of your stuff?
ScottF
Member # 6897

- posted      Profile for ScottF         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. That escalated quickly.
Posts: 177 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by ScottF:
Well. That escalated quickly.

It escalated for 14 years and actually ended before you or anyone else noticed ')
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
Copl stuff, Tom. Link us to any of your stuff?

That was a sincere and non loaded request, btw. Like your poetry, it's nice to see more than the persona you usually present here.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page