Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » “Global Cooling” Link on Ornery.org Revealed As Fraud – Detailed Pr (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: “Global Cooling” Link on Ornery.org Revealed As Fraud – Detailed Pr
h jacob buller
Member # 3458

- posted      Profile for h jacob buller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old thread pile, and everyone's throwing their own load on it. I may as well add mine.

I think that there is too much intellect going towards determinations and pontifications. Global Warming has replaced Bush as the intellectual's masturbatory discussion. What's the real problem? Society as a whole has become complacent, seduced and lulled to sleep by media Sirens. We are wrong to think that it is going to stay like it is. How it changes, well now, that's the real question isn't it?

Rather than espouse personal considerations and debate what is fact and what isn't, start thinking about survival for those you care for, for the next hundred years.

Trying to explain global warming is like trying to explain god. Stop trying to wrap your head around it and think about long term safety.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h jacob buller
Member # 3458

- posted      Profile for h jacob buller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read about people debating fact and fiction and it just turns me off. Extracting what is real from these discussions becomes an impossible task and everyone wants to add their own opinion. It's intellectual energy going towards ultimately self pleasure. I wish people would start standing back and look at the big picture. The mess we're in is a lot bigger than just global warming. We can't trust our news sources, and a comedy show called The Daily Show becomes the most reliable source of news. We get our information from media, and we can no longer determine what is real and what is farce.

A question I'd like to see answered is what's all this confusion leading towards? Do you really think our economoy can last another hundred years? I consider myself more than an optimist, and I hope for the best, but do my best to plan for the worst.

Most people just wait for retirement to come. Well, given current ideas of when to retire, if I plan to retire at that point, there may not be any arctic ice left (2040). When things change, they happen quickly. And that's not just Al Gore's speech, but very real in the current technology advancement with the Kurzweil's Law of Accelerating Returns. Time is not linear, only perceived as such.

Am I the only one who sees dramatic changes within thirty years?

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop arguing and believe ME!!!!!
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Predicting dramatic changes within thirty years doesn't make you Nostradamus. [Wink] I'd be more impressed if you put your money where your mouth was and, confident of rising temperatures and sea levels, started buying up cheap inland property in Maine. *grin*
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page