Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » World Leaders endorsing Kerry.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World Leaders endorsing Kerry.
Ron
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that I was a little peeved when Kerry coyly said that foriegn leaders told him that he was preferred over Bush. After making the statement he refused to identify those leaders, which puzzled me since such endorsements (unless they are from France) would seem to increase Kerry's international stature.

Of course, then I ran across this:

quote:
North Korea's state-controlled media are well known for reverential reporting about Kim Jong-il, the country's dictatorial leader," says an article in the Financial Times. "But the Dear Leader is not the only one getting deferential treatment from the communist state's propaganda machine: John Kerry, the presumptive Democratic candidate, is also getting good play in Pyongyang."

According to the newspaper, Kerry speeches have been broadcast throughout North Korea on Radio Pyongyang. Apparently the communist regime holds out hope that a Kerry victory in the presidential election would lead to a softening of U.S. policy toward North Korea's nuclear-weapons program.

So Kim il Jong seems to be one of those leaders. I wonder when Ayatollah Ali Khamenei will make his endorsement public?
Posts: 1683 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ben5
Member # 1488

- posted      Profile for ben5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron - you seem confused,obviously he wants Bush to win. By endorsing Kerry, he is trying to get Americans to vote for Bush who has done very little against Korea

[ April 20, 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: ben5 ]

Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Ricardo
Member # 1678

- posted      Profile for David Ricardo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since Ron is starting the "terrorist-loving foreigners endorsing U.S. Presidential Candidates" thread, I might as well join in.

I wonder when the Al-Qaeda loving Saudis who bombed us on 9/11 will endorse Bush's re-election bid?

Oh, wait. They already promised Bush that they would "rig" oil prices for his re-election:

quote:
Woodward says that Bandar understood that economic conditions were key before a presidential election: "They're [oil prices] high. And they could go down very quickly. That's the Saudi pledge. Certainly over the summer, or as we get closer to the election, they could increase production several million barrels a day and the price would drop significantly."
Above excerpt comes from the CBS "60 Minutes" review of Plan of Attack.. You can find it here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/15/60minutes/main612067.shtml

Posts: 1429 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The smell of desperation.

The house of Saud certainly does not love al Qaida given that al Qaida has called for their destruction.

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Ricardo
Member # 1678

- posted      Profile for David Ricardo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then why has the Bush Administration redacted 28 pages from the Congressional 9/11 Commission Report that outlined Saudi cooperation with the 9/11 Al Qaeda hijackers?

Why do they cover up so much for the Saudis? What is so damaging in those 28 pages that the Bush Administration is scared to let the American public know the truth? Republican Chairman Shelby has already said that 95% of those 28 pages can be declassified safely without harming our intelligence.

So I repeat again: Why is the Bush Administration covering up Saudi involvement in 9/11?

[ April 20, 2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: David Ricardo ]

Posts: 1429 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

Redacted from the public, not congressional leaders, unless of course you have something that shows that even the congressional leaders with intelligence oversight do not have a high enough security clearance?
Ron
Member # 1698

Edited by OrneryMod to remove an unneeded comment.

[ April 20, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: OrneryMod ]

Murdok
Member # 1225

- posted      Profile for Murdok   Email Murdok   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edited to remove comment that made no sense with the above comment removed. Nothing bad was said, but the context is gone.

OrneryMod

[ April 20, 2004, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: OrneryMod ]

Posts: 954 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Of cours north korea would rather see kerry in office.

Kerry has not, unlike certain other world leaders, declared north korea to be irredemebly evil.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

Murdock:

Exactly, apparently someone does or else they wouldn't be attempting such a sleight of hand.

The post was meant as a humorous look at Kerry's attempts to increase his international stature by playfully stating that international leaders preferred him to Bush (Kerrys action not mine). When pressed on the issue he clammed up. Now we have some foreign leaders advocating Kerry and Kerry, by his silence leaves open the question. Although not unheard of, it is rare for a presidential contender to give himself a wedgie.

The desperation of the reply accentuates the embarrassment.

[ April 20, 2004, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Ron ]

Ron
Member # 1698

Everard are you saying the North Korean government is not evil or are you saying that Bush stated specifically that North Korea was irredeemable?
Murdok
Member # 1225

- posted      Profile for Murdok   Email Murdok   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron - what we need is a new set of Bushisms - only this time we'll call them Kerryisms...let's face facts. All politicians say really stupid stuff a lot of the time. No one else in the world has a camera focused on them 24 hours a day like these guys do.

And...I personally think Kerry is privately kicking himself in the ass for saying this piece of buffoonery. But honestly - Bush is still the king of saying things that at best can called - well, not the most intelligent things said by a politician.

And what if one of us was always in front of the camera - can we honestly say that we would not be uttering stupid remarks on a regular basis? Hell - I have some great emails from Ornerairians that would make interesting reading for those who think otherwise. I'm sure as hell not immune from such utterences...are you Ron?

[Wink]

Posts: 954 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

I agree and it happens. That doesn't reflect on Kerry's intelligence, just on his mistep. Part of the political theatre is some intelligent quips. I can see this running on the Comedy Channel the "Daily Show" tomorrow.
Ron
Member # 1698

I am immune to a number of things, but only because I have gone through and survived them. Including verbal micalculations.
Murdok
Member # 1225

Ron - we are never truly immune...always some new virus waiting to pounce on our verbal skills or lack there of.

[Cool]

Yossarian5555555
Member # 1639

- posted      Profile for Yossarian5555555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't you heard? The whole conterversy about Kerry claiming to have the support of world leaders was caused by a reporter a who made a mistake writing it down. Kerry said that he had more leaders (as in local U.S leaders) on his side, and never mentioned other countries. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Member # 1698

That might have been a good explanation except that Kerry verified it and still refuses to give notice. A double wedgie when you can get out of it and still choose to push (or pull up) forward.
Ray Bingham
Member # 1456

- posted      Profile for Ray Bingham   Email Ray Bingham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the world leaders were not from this world... he was referring to "other world" leaders.

I have it on high authority that the Ewoks are clearly behind Kerry. As are the Wormhole Aliens, the Centauri Republic, and those slug muppets on Farscape. I think the Spathi would support Kerry too.

Exit polling data seems to indicate, Orcs overwhelmingly favor Kerry.

--Ray

Posts: 589 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murdok
Member # 1225

And I have it that the coalition is made up of little people...a bunch of bubba fairies, scootching around Iraq from hill to dale, rubbing little blarney stones and picking 4 leafed cacti from the gardens of Saddam's former palaces.

Pretty old school too I hear - except they've taken to chewing tabacco and wearng ball caps. I wonder what the US budget is for dressing these bubba fairies?

potemkyn
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Who gives a crap? Ignore them now or "world leaders" are going to be playing with US politics for the next several decades. Not a pretty picture. Both Kerry and Bush should tell the world to mind their own business and make sure that ANY endorsement or promotion will not be recieved by the candidates. This should be nipped in the bud. Once other nations start getting involved, it will be very hard to untangle the mess that is generated. Best not to start in the first place.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murdok
Member # 1225

Who can ignore a bunch of Bubba Fairies? Not me - they do nasty things to your knee caps!
Ray Bingham
Member # 1456

- posted      Profile for Ray Bingham   Email Ray Bingham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um... Potemkyn... nice sentiment, but it's a little late for that.

Further with a purely international forum like the internet, you can't tell who's a citizen and who's a Chinese operative wanting to make illegal campaign contributions...

Except on Ornery... no one on Ornery would be a rabid Bush-hater and not a legal American voter... [Razz]

--Ray

Posts: 589 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murdok
Member # 1225

Not the Bubba Fairy lobby that's for sure.
OrneryMod
Administrator
Member # 977

- posted      Profile for OrneryMod   Email OrneryMod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably should have locked this yesterday.

The thread title is a bit misleading and the topic is not leading to anything usefull it seems.

OrneryMod

Posts: 1260 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page