Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » American Occupation Force fails to win Hearts&Minds so they resort to abuse buttocks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Occupation Force fails to win Hearts&Minds so they resort to abuse buttocks
GlobalDemocrat
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The moderator gave a stamp:
quote:

"I have locked your thread about the abuses of the Iraqi's by Americans. I have no problem with discussing the topic, but you have to know how inflamatory that title was. "

I'm slightly concerned about what is implied here by the moderator, that he 'has no problem with discussing the topic' ... as if that could be an issue!
And to how inflamatory my original title was, hmmm, no i don't know, i mean y'all vote for this president who does all these cruel and stupid things, lotsa people get killed and all that, and then you get upset because of some Un-Sunday School words? I am quite literal here, because directly in front of said Sunday School my title would not be frowned upon. Oh well ...
The American effort and capacity for self censorship is quite alarming and akin to battered women syndrome as to the part about self-delusion.
What i DO understand is that this whole situation is quite embarrassing to yourselfs. But don't worry. Nobody on the planet [except other americans] really thought of you as shining examples of democracy anyhow.

The orginal text:
quote:

I wonder if in extreme right wing american circles (or, OSC's Utah)
this rape of Iraqi's is secretly seen as a good thing since it's done
by socalled christians (translation: the good guys) to muslims (the
villians in this story, at least in 'good', godfearing christian
eyes)?

I mean, if you have americans openly apologizing for torturing Iraqi
PRISONERS (these are people in one's power, over which one has
responsibilities) it's perhaps not such a stretch of the imagination.

I really don't think it's out of fear or frustration that Americans
soldiers put a broomstick inside Iraqi buttocks. I think it's just
plain arrogance, of the same kind that Americans used to have about
Japanese pilots. Asians were supposed to be racially unable to fly
planes, i guess today one would use the word 'genetically'. The US
kept on thinking this way. Until Pearl Harbor of course.

It's very funny that Bush said tonight "we americans made sure
there are no more rape chambers in Iraq". Or perhaps
"funny" is not the word. "Extremely
sad"
may be more appropiate.
Just remember, you Americans are supposed to be the good guys! But
after hearing of the torture of Iraqis by the americans, maybe it's
not so bad to be ruled by the Chinese? Well, what could be epected of
the soldiers of a country where the president mimicks and makes fun
of death row imates' plea for a stay of execution? Especially when it
was the first woman to be executed in so many years. This degrading
attitude, this disrespecting of everything un-American (translation:
not human?) apperantly comes from Bush himself too. Not really
openly, but for an american private, it must be clear that they are
to be considered far superior to iraqis in every way, so, in their
mind it's okay to urinate on POW's. Oh excuse me, we cannot call them
POW's anymore, coz that would be 'unpatriotic' and un-american.
Perhaps this attitude is not instigated by Bush, but we can only sure
of that if we can ask some old Germans or old Japanese if this kinda
thing did happen too way back when. That is, if we are lucky enough
to find them still alive.

Well, i suppose the gain is that the Chinese would not see this
raping as something immoral on a government level, and the americans,
at least in speech, do.

But the Real Rub of it all is that the American people most likely
will re-elect Bush. Now, i wonder who's getting screwed over by whom?
The American people by Bush? Or the American people by themselves? At
least it's certain SOMEONE is screwing them over, even if you guys do
it to the rest of the world.

Now, y'all have a nice day now, you hear?

[ May 08, 2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: GlobalDemocrat ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serotonin'sGone
Member # 1219

- posted      Profile for Serotonin'sGone   Email Serotonin'sGone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
find a hobby.
Posts: 1117 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enumclaw
Member # 876

- posted      Profile for Enumclaw   Email Enumclaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll! Troll in the dungeon!
Posts: 1656 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murdok
Member # 1225

- posted      Profile for Murdok   Email Murdok   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the war was started by a horses ass...so why not?
Posts: 954 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Equating Osama Bin Laden to a horses ass is an insult to asses everywhere.
Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard it was all a part of legit interrogation.

Guess they found one of Saddam's manuals, and had to know: Was it like this? Or this? Or did he do it like that?

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cid the Troll Keeper: Hey! Keep your hands away from the cage. They bite. A troll bite may cause infections. They are not to be touched, feed or even ACKNOWLEDGE! They are pure evil!

They are dirty, light minded creatures....

Statistics, Attack Sysmtoms and Benefits of Trolls as follows:

Headaches.

Infections may cause illusions. A total and utter annoyance to the brain.

Males may experiance shrinkage of reproductive glands. Due to shrinkage, ego may raise in size.

Infections may cause, "I am right, bow down to thee!!" syndrome.

May cause person to be transformed into a Troll.

Power to totally annoy people without saying anything.

Trolls may turn NPC into "Zombie"-like slaves.

Trolls gain support when biting others.

Trolls gain AC of 5 when in battle.

Trolls gain +15 to Attack. (It hurts, don't it.)

Trolls gain higher THAC0 roll when confronted with an enemy twice it's size.

THAC0 is raised if Trolls is confronted with something it does not understand. THAC0* (come on now, you don't know what this means?)

Trolls go beserk when not able to understand anything.

Causes Chaos when confronted with a group.

LVL. 1 TROLL Statustics
===================

HP: 105

EXP.500

Weapons: Brick (1d6), Club (1d8), Bite (1d10 + Sysmtom attack), and utter crap posting (2d16).

Armor: Harden Skin (AC5), Think Skull (AC10)

Encounters: Mainly arrives when things are calm.

Weakness: Mindless, no weakness.

Other Information: Trolls live under the bridge and in the dark. They come out when things become suttle and quite. They disrupt trade and information routes and causes Chaos within communities.

From http://www.fantaseum.com/humor/showhumor.asp?rec_id=13

[ May 03, 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: WarrsawPact ]

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalDemocrat
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it so nice to see that the relationship between action and reaction is totally gone. Just a title elicited six responses! This must be a record!

I know, i know, you americans are just embarrassed because you're not willing to die for anything just to kill and just fight when you have a clear technological advantage (such as broomsticks and chemicals when the opponent is handcuffed, blindfolded and naked).

You wonder why the world hates you? It's exactly coz of this battle proven cowardice. And the not unexpected covering up and apologizing of this cowardly behaviour. If you think i'm offensive, there's a good reason for it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it would be helpful if I told you that an increasing number of us cowardly American occupiers realize that over the internet, the most effective way to deal with incendiary personalities is indifference.

Asking for rational discourse, evidence, or even decency seems to get us nowhere, so we simply ignore you. And we're getting better at it every day.
So good, in fact, that when we see thread topics like this one, we stop acting like the barbarians are pounding at the gates and cease taking you seriously, if ever we did.

And this is the last response I'll be posting to this thread. Post away, GlobalDemocrat.

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sparing us the crap of you actually trying to cover your blantant trolling with a pathetic argument. You have saved everyone here much time, and im sure that you have saved the moderator much time as well.

Im glad you missed out on the recent bannings, because that would mean you would have gotten amnesty along with everyone else who was banned. Even if this isn't evident proof that you should be banned because you are a pathetic person trying to get a rise out of people, it is definetely enough for me to completely disregard whatever you say and ridicule you whenever I see you post here.

Incase you missed the point, since you seem to have the nasty habit of jumping over the large sections of text in other peoples posts, You Are A Troll. Go Away.

Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skyclad
Member # 1740

- posted      Profile for skyclad   Email skyclad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Younadam Kanna, the leader of the Assyrian
Democratic Movement political party in Iraq:

"The media is exaggerating only the negative side," he said. "Ninety percent of the new Iraq is good. Ten percent is bad. But the media only focuses on the problems. Where are the stories of our new life, or our liberation, of our freedom?"

"The vast majority of Iraqi people are happy that
Saddam is gone," he said. "We have a normal life
now. In Baghdad, there are over 300 free newspapers and magazines. We have free radio, TV. The schools are opening again, the hospitals and other services are back also."

Kanna, meanwhile, said he still is dismayed by the idea that Americans' support for Bush could waver. "Bush is a hero in Iraq- He brought freedom to Iraq," he said.

"The media is trying to sell a product," he said,
"so they do not speak of anything but conflicts. That is not right....

The entire news article can be read at MODBEE.com

In case you didn't know, THAT is a huge part of why some people in the world hate the USA. Also, since you're obviously so well versed in US military history, I was wondering how much of an advantage we had going into the War for Independance? How about World War II? Oh, yeah, and the cold war? Of corse the US knew we would win befor entering those conflicts. They were in the bag.

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GD, heh heh, you said butt.

On civility: Is it OK to make a personal diatribe against someone on the basis that they posted in a shocking manner? Do two wrongs make a right, is that the New Ornery? Is what has happened on this thread okay with everyone--For example, can Tez call a poster a pathetic person and then threaten to ridicule that poster if sie dares show face again?

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please GB, keep posting. Post away. Post to your heart's content! Nothing warms my right-wing pro-Israel heart than seeing the leftist terrorist sympathizers get the royal boot.
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OrneryMod
Administrator
Member # 977

- posted      Profile for OrneryMod   Email OrneryMod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zyne is right.

The best thing to do if you feel a post is a trolling post is to ignore it. Making any comment drops you to the level of the person making the post.

OrneryMod

Posts: 1260 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ratman
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ratman   Email ratman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GD seems to have an obsession with butts. Perhaps he's just jealous that he didn't get to be on the bottom of the "gay pyramid" the media is so fond of posting.
Really though the "torture" here isn't much worse than some of the fraternity hazing at universities. Maybe the guards and prisoners were having a kegger that awry...

Posts: 10 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

PLEASE Jesus STOP responding to GlobalDemocrat this way. It's exactly what trolls WANT.

You have officially accepted his invitation to spend time ranting about the motives of others and engaging in mindless mockery.

I post about using indifference to get rid of trolls, and you fools (sorry, Tez, but that includes you right now) go and engage in his retarded playground tactics.
I'm just about done here at Ornery.

solon5681
Member # 1660

- posted      Profile for solon5681   Email solon5681   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really though the "torture" here isn't much worse than some of the fraternity hazing at universities. Maybe the guards and prisoners were having a kegger that awry...
The Democrats love people who say things like this. It's going to get more people to vote against Bush.

That said, I agreed with the poster who said the media only focuses on the bad stuff. This is a terrible, terrible thing to have happened and it needs to be forcefully dealt with, but we do need to hear about the good things happening as well. The kindnesses from soldiers, their lives risked for Iraqis, etc. Most Americans I know are sickened by this, just like they are sickened by what many Middle Eastern governments are doing to their own people. Tarring all American soldiers with this brush would be beyond unjust and unfair.

Solon

[ May 07, 2004, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: solon5681 ]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really though the "torture" here isn't much worse than some of the fraternity hazing at universities.
Frat hazing isn't exactly innocent stuff either. People die in it. Since we've broadly agreed that such behavior doesn't belong in universities, surely we can agree that it doesn't belong on the war front.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ben5
Member # 1488

- posted      Profile for ben5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ratman- yeah just pranks, its really funy setting dogs on people,raping them, dragging a naked man along a leash, HAHAHAHAAHAHH
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page