Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Two thousand posts ALREADY? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Two thousand posts ALREADY?
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is it.
My two thousandth post.

My one thousandth post - December 15, 2003

Let's see here.

Since that post, I haven't posted so fast.

1000 posts
182 days
-----------
5.49 posts/day

Well then. We'll see if there'll be 1000 more; my Tireless Rebutter habit has been suppressed with time.

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea it's like you never shut up or something [Smile]
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelcimer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 2000 [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, sir! I have (sadly) noticed fewer of your posts recently. [Frown]

That said, you're still far out-pacing me, although all of this free time at work has caused something of a spike in my recent posting habits.

I dream of one day having a post count higher than my member # [Big Grin]

oooo! Just noticed 555. Not as nifty as 2k, but it's still fun!! [Big Grin]

[ June 14, 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Ivan ]

Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And... since June 14th I've packed on another 1000.

Incredible.

3000 posts
384 days
--------------
7.81 posts/day

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for a moment i didnt understand what is going on here... how come in one moment you have 2000 messages then you have 3000

oh well congragulations

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelcimer
unregistered

Damn. Happy 3000. [Smile]
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said: Yap. Yap yap yap. Yap yap yap yap yap.

[Smile]

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

3500 posts
459 days
---------------
7.63 posts/day

Hmmm, slowing down recently. Probably had to do with Election Sickness.

kelcimer
unregistered

Happy 3500. [Smile]
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I've agreed with two of them [Big Grin] ... but mine are like the most-longest-winded of all, so there!
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

[Cool] FOUR THOUSAND POSTS!!! [Cool]

4000 posts
533 days
-------------
7.51 posts/day

Yap yap yap.

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool.

At this rate, kenmeer will catch you on August 6. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
oooo! Just noticed 555.
The umber of the east...
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

WP, I joined, what, 5 months before you did, and I have only half the posts. That's because I'm old and I can't keep up. [Wink] I never thought of myself as "quiet", but compared to you I'm downright shy. Compared to KL, I've taken a vow of silence.

KE

Edited to add: Seriously, the "Ornery 8" thing cost me six months, so time wise we are even. I guess that means you are prolific.

[ March 08, 2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I've agreed with two of them [Big Grin] ... but mine are like the most-longest-winded of all, so there!
Size doesn't matter. On the other hand, the ability to blow long and hard...

(kenmeer, backing away carefully and wearing something very much like this:

Grizzly Proof Suit

Read 'Testing On Suit' as bottom of url site page before attempting revenge [Wink]

To those who haven't seen the 1996 Peter Lynch documentary on this called Project Grizzly, I inform them that it's a slightly boring half-hourish film that nonetheless is peppered with moments of AMAZING scenes, none of them gory but several of them hilarious. The Oscar clip is the Big Test. It being estimated that a full grown grizzly can deliver an impact with a force equivalent to that of a humongous big redwood-sized log smacking into one by swinging down in a 90 degree arc by two ropes hanging from a VERY big tree, we see Our Hero, wearing the suit displayed at the url above, standing erect as he waits for the log to smash into him, which it does, and which he survies just fine. As he awaits his possibly final moments before the log descends, he calmly/nervously sings, in a slight variation of the schoolyard Nah-nah-nah-Nah-nah song we sing when we stick out our tongues at our peers, these words:

"The log is going to bump me..."

It is slapstick/pratfall humor at its most extreme. Using rewind, one can replay this over and over and laugh hysterically each time for a MINIMUM of ten times in a row. When that log swings down and forward and knocks him backward like a chess pawn, one HAS to laugh... Michael Moore should take note of this for his next movie...)

[ March 08, 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kenmeer's upped his output (!) slightly. He now catches Warrsaw by July 30...

But he overtakes Everard (!) by Feb 24, 2006 [Eek!] (unless his arthritic fingers fall off)

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

When does he catch me, slacker that I am?

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Had to post that to see my post number: 2227. Let's see minus 1890 = 337 posts. So, he should catch me by the end of the week. [Wink]

KE

fotwennytime
Member # 1037

- posted      Profile for fotwennytime   Email fotwennytime   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm i dont think im catching anyone.
Posts: 420 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"hmmm i dont think im catching anyone."

We're not that infectious over the internet. In person, though...

DonaldD
Member # 1052

An update on the infernal machine: against all reason, it has once again increased its output.

It catches:

WarrsawPact by July 15, 2005
Everard by Feb 1 2006

KnightEnder (by special request) - taking into account your exiles (both self-imposed and, um, not) I give you 13 days - April 16

Everard
unregistered

Just to you can look in this thread for my post total when calculating when kenmeer will catch me. :-P
KnightEnder
unregistered

I'm going down fighting! [Mad]

KE

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

The Infernal Machine by Kenmeer Livermaile

The mad professor had invented the perfect posting machine. It ran on that hypothetically infinite substance: boredom.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are still guys who crawl their way through Harvard with readers, a secretary, and houseboy, too. I bet you've got a whole staff of researchers and writers, WP.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"I bet you've got a whole staff of researchers and writers, WP."

He does, but he's suing for a refund. A roomful of typewriting monkeys in hose and doublet (the apes, not the mechanical secretaries) is NOT what the Rhodes scholarship world dominion committee had promised him.

He should have gone with Skull'n'Bones: they have real golems: black-listed Jewish writers from the McCarthy purges who still haunt the ghost-writer halls. Having been denied reality so long, they've become so surreal they can't die... except by awarding them the Pulitzer Prize or Screenwriters' Guild Award.

WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

Haha, good posts all around.

I won't even make it to July 15. I have too much school to be posting 7+ posts/day.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I thought I noticed a reduction in your output.

Carry on, brave warrior.

I'll stay here and.... guard the women. [Wink]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Here is is Fun. I was wrong it was DonaldD that was doing the calculations.

Happy 1000! Congratulations!

[Smile] [Big Grin] [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Wink] [Eek!] [Cool] [Smile] (That's confetti)

[ May 17, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee, thanks KE.

Okay, Donald. In just about 6 or 7 weeks I've posted 1000. What's my rate? (covers face)

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

March 19 - May 17 = 60 days

1006/60 = ~16.77 posts/day

Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL do the math on me.
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Red .250 posts a day.
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah..here's where the math gets done...

I hit 1000 posts today!

[Smile]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, did the math for you in the other one. Here it is again:

quote:

You joined Jun 2004 (see the bottom of your posts for where I got that).

The number of posts = Today is June 2005. That's one year. There are 365 days in a year. 1000 posts/365 days = 2.74 posts per day.

How's that?

Does something smell good in here?
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha

Thanks, jav.

Math was never my strong suit, but you make it look easy. And me kind of dumb, but I can handle it!

I never even noticed the registered date at the bottom, even though I always saw the 'posts' number.

How crazy is that? [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think most people notice all the info sitting with each of our posts [Smile]
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sniff. sniff*
Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel an overwhelming need to...

dang, it's virtual.

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page