Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Got myself a baby....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got myself a baby....
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it's too early yet to tell her political persuasion, I'm assured that Sophie Rose shows an exemplary mastery of all basic reflexes, has satisfactory hearing, and is -- and I quote -- "an excellent sucker." So she clearly takes after her parents.

She was born at 11:49AM yesterday, and was 21" long and 9 lbs. 4 oz. Since my wife is usually 95 lbs. wet, this was a significant issue. [Smile] But both baby and mother are perfectly well -- and, well, perfect. *grin*

[ July 13, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom

I hope you did not mind but I did post about your good new a little further down.

I hope I did not steal your thunder.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Tom.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. I've got plenty of thunder to go around. [Smile]
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats.

Hopefully she will turn out to be an arch conservative and keep you busy. May the first few sleepless weeks go by easily for you and your wife.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congradulations. Glad that your wife and baby are well. First-time fatherhood is an amazing time, isn't it, Tom? One father to another -- keep pen and paper nearby, and write down your thoughts and feelings over the next few days.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EvanWeeks
Member # 883

- posted      Profile for EvanWeeks   Email EvanWeeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grats, Tom. [Smile]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kherlen
Member # 1800

- posted      Profile for Kherlen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations. That's a beautiful name to give a child.
Posts: 380 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OhPuhLeez
Member # 1597

- posted      Profile for OhPuhLeez   Email OhPuhLeez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats [Smile] !
Posts: 1258 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Standback
Member # 666

- posted      Profile for Standback   Email Standback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Tom! All the best to the three of you!
Posts: 148 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Tom! [Smile] I'll be comiserating with you on those sleepless nights in about 5 months
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sourmilk
Member # 1836

- posted      Profile for sourmilk   Email sourmilk       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats TD!!
Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alma Teao Wilson
Member # 935

- posted      Profile for Alma Teao Wilson   Email Alma Teao Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Tom!

I had thought I had an interest in the future of the planet before I started getting children.

Why "Sophie Rose"?

Fraternally,

ATW

Posts: 368 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and good luck to Sophie Rose and her parents.

Dan

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towellman
Member # 1462

- posted      Profile for towellman   Email towellman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grats Tom!

We've got our first on the way, too : )

Posts: 220 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 fingers, 10 toes [Smile]
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Allen
Member # 238

- posted      Profile for Dan Allen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Tom [Smile]

So does she have you wrapped around her little finger sufficently enough to conclude that whatever her "political persuasion" turns out to be it's clearly the correct one? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrtulations Tom - good luck and good sleep while you can [Smile]
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane Roe
Member # 1542

- posted      Profile for Shane Roe   Email Shane Roe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Tom.

Shane

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!!

I've been meaning to say congrats, but have waited until I can post this link, as a shameless plug for a friend, but also a public service--how can you inform the public that your child spits up on Republicans?

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kiddo
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for kiddo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful name. Congratulations.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page