I don't think that Kerry has yet mentioned Wookies, but otherwise, he could reasonably have said any of the other things, at least by implication. I really doubt that he even knows what planet he's on.
Posts: 2645 | Registered: Apr 2002
| IP: Logged |
quote:I had a little computer crash, and I managed to salvage part of my little database of treasured quotes that I've been gathering over the last 25 years. I managed to attribute most of them, but I'm having a hard time with the last 16 of them. I can't figure out which ones are from John Kerry, and which ones are from C-3P0, of Star Wars fame. Can anyone help me out?
1) "We'll be destroyed for sure! This is madness! We're doomed."
2) "I will make very different choices in the war"
On the other hand, not much question about who said all this--
quote:"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
"But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe."
"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport."
"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war!"
"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them."
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
"When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend".
"The benefits of helping somebody is beneficial"
"We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans".
"And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything"
"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end"
"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better"
"I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war"
"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well"
"You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test"
"No, I know all the war rhetoric, but it's all aimed at achieving peace"
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right".
"Not over my dead body will they raise your taxes."
"Our nation must come together to unite"
"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
"My pro-life position is I believe there's life. It's not necessarily based in religion. I think there's a life there, therefore the notion of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness."
"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure."
"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..."
"They misunderestimated me."
"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it."
"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."
"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question"
"The point is, this is a way to help inoculate me about what has come and is coming."
"This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot. I understand the emotionality of death penalty cases."
"I did denounce it. I de-I denounced it. I denounced interracial dating. I denounced anti-Catholic bigacy... bigotry."
"It is not Reaganesque to support a tax plan that is Clinton in nature."
"We ought to make the pie higher."
"I would have said yes to abortion if only it was right. I mean, yeah it's right. Well no it's not right that's why I said no to it."
"We won't raise trade terriers."
"The important question is - How many hands have I shaked?"
"I don't remember debates. I don't think we spent a lot of time debating it. Maybe we did, but I don't remember."
"There's a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.'"
lol, enjoyed the Bush comments more than the Kerry ones. Although the comparison of Kerry to an indecisive fretful robot is pretty good. C3Po lacks the single core value that I can elucidate out of Kerry's bio: ambition.
2. "As a matter of common sense and self-defense, [we] will act against such emerging threats before they are fully formed."
3. "If we have reason to believe someone is preparing an attack against the [Republic or U.S.], has developed that capability, harbors those aspirations, then I think the [Republic or U.S.] is justified in dealing with that, if necessary, by military force."
4. "The [Republic or Nation] is not what it once wasâ€”the Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good."
5. "That will be part of the resolution, authorization of use of force. If you want to keep the peace, you've got to have the authorization to use force."
6. "Now witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station."
7. "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed."
8. "You will pay the price for your lack of vision."
9. "Delaying a vote in [Congress or Senate] would send a message that the [Republic or U.S.] may be unprepared to take a stand, just as we are asking the [international community or universe] to take a stand."
10. "My [country or planet] will continue to encourage all parties to step up to their responsibilities as we seek a just and comprehensive settlement to the conflict."
11. "I will not let this [Republic or Nation]... be split in two. My negotiations will not fail."
12. "We cannot stand by and do nothing while dangers gather. We must stand up for our security and for the permanent rights and the hopes of mankind."
13. "It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy, I love the [Republic or United States of America]. The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated."
14. "The [chancellor or president] is authorized to all means that he determines to be appropriate, including force."