Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Call for "Day of Outrage," nationwide "noncooperation" if Kerry Loses (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Call for "Day of Outrage," nationwide "noncooperation" if Kerry Loses
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Everard, it takes only two or three months to get a divorce even in those states that do not grant instant divorce."

My parents were separated for two and a half years before they divorced. In each case, they were dating well before the divorce was final.

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say it's pretty funny that people are criticizing Kerry for doing something that is completely legal. He was separated and met someone new. Let's not treat him as if he were snorting cocaine or anything like that. [Razz]
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That the majority of America, under the current system, want Bush to be president?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Remember the last election? Clearly not.

I am getting so tired of the "Bush didn't get a majority of the votes" crap. I didn't hear that kind of talk when Clinton got only 43% of the vote in 1992 and less than 50% of the vote in 1996.

The fact is that Bush won the EC.

There has only been one president that has received more votes than Bush ever... Reagan in 1984.

Of course, there has also been one other person to get more votes...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush didn't even get the plurality of the votes, which is the point of what you quoted... teh majority of america do NOT want bush to be president, while a greater minority voted for someone else.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunil Carspecken
Member # 1453

- posted      Profile for Sunil Carspecken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the population is growing
Posts: 333 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short of Nevada, most states have a minimum 6 months seperation before a divorce can filed, and in CA, as an example, you can't even go before a judge to begin custody hearings, division of property, untill that six months is up, so it ussually takes about a year.

In any event, facts aren't hard to come by if you bother to look for them.

"In 1982 Thorne, who was suffering from severe depression, asked Kerry for a separation. [14] (http://www.washingtonian.com/people/madame_ex.html) They were divorced on July 25, 1988. "After 14 years as a political wife," she wrote in A Change of Heart, her book about depression, "I associated politics only with anger, fear and loneliness."

Kerry and his second wife, Teresa Simões-Ferreira Heinz, the widow of Pennsylvania Senator H. John Heinz III, a moderate Republican, and former United Nations translator, were introduced to each other by John Heinz at an Earth Day rally in 1990. They did not meet again until after John Heinz's death, at the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. They married on May 26, 1995, in Nantucket. Teresa's three sons from her previous marriage—John Kerry's stepsons—are H. John Heinz IV, André Heinz, and Christopher Heinz."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry#Early_career_.281972-1985.29

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O GADGE! I just realized! My support for same-sex marriage could be construed as support for gold-digging serial spouses [Eek!] ! I withdraw all support for this marriage business at once. It is entirely unnecessary, costly, and distractive.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lewkowski
Member # 2028

- posted      Profile for Lewkowski   Email Lewkowski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its stupid and pointless because its not going to accomplish anything except getting some people fired for skipping work.
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'll bring Bush's job loss total up...so I guess it'll at least make him look bad.
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim beam
Member # 2135

- posted      Profile for jim beam   Email jim beam       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if Kerry win's he should be indicted for his seditionist activities in 1971.
Didn't anyone look at his past before he was nominated?
He is far from the "war hero" he touts himself to be.
His "general discharge" from the navy was only changed to an honorable discharge after Carter was elected!

[ November 02, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: jim beam ]

Posts: 71 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry...indicted!?!?!?!? For what exactly? You can make the case that he shouldn't be elected because of what he did over twenty years ago (ditto Bush), but I don't think indictments are forthcoming. I think "war hero" is thrown around too much, and it might not apply to him. But if you were running for president, don't you think that getting a couple of purple hearts would come up? I think his record is questionable. What makes me angry is that according to some partisan Republicans, Clinton was a draft dodger, but Bush served honorably in the Alabama air national guard, and Kerry is somehow the worst among them because he fought and later thought the cause wasn't worth dying for! As a relatively unbiased person who doesn't like either candidate much, I can tell you that I admire Kerry's courage very much, even though I disagree with his policies.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniacal_engineer
Member # 116

- posted      Profile for maniacal_engineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
divorce:
in California it is six months minimum from petition to dissolution. This is realistically only gonna happen if the case is bifurcated, IOW if the property, support, and custody issues are seperated from the status issue. In my case it took 11 months for status, and like 21 months for property and custody

indictment:
if Kerry lied before congress, or actually met (unauthorized) with North Vietnamese govt officials while a member of the US armed forces, both of those are criminal offenses, but so stale that it is pointless. It does go to Kerry's atrocious judgement. I think that history will judge his views on Iraq the same as his "we should know by now that we can't fight communism around the world" from 1971"

Posts: 962 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:That the majority of America, under the current system, want Bush to be president?

This is SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Remember the last election? Clearly not.

I'm assuming, with the questions I asked, that the reason stated for the protest to happen has happened. What did you think I was referring to? Keep up, please [Smile] .

Thank you, everyone, for being unable to put aside the blinders long enough to answer the questions. *sigh*

[ November 02, 2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: javelin ]

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron, these aren't mostly Democrats talking that kind of treason. They are far lefties who are holding their nose to vote for Kerry, who they consider right-wing.

And Kerry is no traitor, let alone a "demonstrated" traitor, at least not to the country. I think that some Vietnam vets have legitimate beef with him; some of the POWs have cause to say he "betrayed" them; that's a legitimate argument. Even McCaine acknowledged that. But outright betrayal of the country? I have yet to see anything approaching a reasonable case for that.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when do you meet mild Republican widows at Earth Day rallies?
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mild? We talking about the same Teresa?
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if they're going to schedule the "Day of Outrage" immediately or whether they're going to wait 11 days for the provisional ballots to be counted?
Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page