Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » I'm Norman Schwarzkopf and I DIDN'T approve this ad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Norman Schwarzkopf and I DIDN'T approve this ad
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/politics/10072173.htm?1c

TRENTON, N.J. - Lifelong Republican Richard Bonnet pays attention to politics, so when he found a message on his answering machine from Norman Schwarzkopf saying he was voting for John Kerry this year, he was momentarily stunned.

"I thought I saw Bush down in Florida, with Schwarzkopf standing on the stage next to him," Bonnet, 69, of Howell Township, said Monday. "So I called up the Monmouth County Republican headquarters and they said he was a Bush supporter."

On Sunday, the retired general gave Bush a strong endorsement in Tampa, Fla. Schwarzkopf released a statement Monday saying that the Democratic National Committee was making fraudulent phone calls and demanded that they stop.

"I am supporting President Bush for re-election because he is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism," Schwarzkopf said.

The taped phone call ends with a voice saying the ad was paid for by the DNC. Calls to the DNC office in Washington were not immediately returned.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone but this one lady reporting this?

I hope its just kids making some sort of prank phone call... yeesh.

Oh, and if you're going to choose someone to support Kerry, couldn't you get a better person to lie about than Schwarzkopf? Why not say McCain? At least that might be believable....

Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Camp
Member # 192

- posted      Profile for Jon Camp   Email Jon Camp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More
Posts: 782 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Course, there's no proof that the DNC or the Kerry campaign is behind this. Just like there's no evidence that the Bush campaign is behind the effort to mis-register college kids.
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Anyone but this one lady reporting this?

AP has picked up on the story also.
Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

Well, yeah, but I mean is the lady the only instance of it occuring? Or has it happened to other people, too?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page