Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » CNN's got the inside scoop!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN's got the inside scoop!
Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

- posted      Profile for Mr Xin Ku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday day I tried to prepare myself for a possible Kerry victory and just felt sick any way I sliced it. I felt that way for my own reasons, and I know that other people feel just the opposite of me based on their own basic assuptions. So while our underlying assumptions might be different, I can respect that some of you are feeling sick about things. I wish you well.

Anyway, what is up with CNN? I was up until 4 a.m. (MST) last night, and they seemed to be the only network making Ohio a "green" state, "too close to call." [Roll Eyes] About an hour ago I looked on their website and it is still green! Are they just smarter than all of the other networks or do they have an agenda?

Mike

edited to add: I'm leaving to head up three hours to Idaho Falls for a meeting, so I'll have to check in on this thread later.

[ November 03, 2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr Xin Ku ]

Posts: 233 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshuaD
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for JoshuaD   Email JoshuaD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you're saying Ohio didn't go to Cobb?!? I thought that green meant Green party!
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

- posted      Profile for Mr Xin Ku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 233 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Anyway, what is up with CNN? I was up until 4 a.m. (MST) last night, and they seemed to be the only network making Ohio a "green" state, "too close to call." About an hour ago I looked on their website and it is still green! Are they just smarter than all of the other networks or do they have an agenda?"
In their mind, giving conservative estimates is taking the moral high-ground, although it mainly only serves to lower their ratings.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I could tell last night, the only network that gave Ohio to Bush was Fox. PBS, CBS, ABC and CNN all had Ohio as too close to call. Ironically, though, Fox had Nevada as too close to call, when all the other networks had given it to Bush.

CNN did seem a bit gun-shy about making predictions last night, though. They were still embarassed about calling Florida too early.

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politius
Member # 1756

- posted      Profile for Politius   Email Politius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personallly, i never trust Fox... i've heard and seen some inconsistencies wth Fox and all the other stations so i never get my news from Fox.
Posts: 168 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WillBest
Member # 1833

- posted      Profile for WillBest   Email WillBest       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NBC called Ohio for Bush about 15 minutes after FOX did
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naldiin
Member # 1840

- posted      Profile for Naldiin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually gained a fair bit of faith in CNN last night, because of their reluctance to call Ohio until it was clear who won, due to those provisonal ballots.

The question, unanswerable, of course, is wether they would have waited so long if Kerry had the 4% lead.

Posts: 239 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly, all the networks were milking this thing for as long as they could. What else would we expect?
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page