Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » 4 more years and now, a "public mandate."

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 more years and now, a "public mandate."
Sancselfieme
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 more years of completely uncontrolled spending

4 more years inflation and debt

4 more years of War and Death

But worst of all, our free pass is gone. In 2000, because it was so divided, and because the popular vote was not there, and because we could all say we had no idea that Bush would do what he did, the world gave us a free pass. That pass is gone. America reelected this sorry excuse for a conservative knowing full well what he had done, and probably what he plans to do. I would say that we therefore deserve our fate, but I really don't want to die.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not going to die, Sanc.

Well, one day, I mean we all die...but I think you'll be okay.

It's your children who will have deal with the outcome. This is one mighty debt and it's going to get larger.

As to the 'terrah'...well, even if the US gets hit one or two more times, in a population base as large as the US, the odds of you dying are still higher every time you get in a car.

One sad thing I learned this morning: due to climate change, the Snows of Kilimanjaro will be nothing but a memory in a few decades. Sad stuff. Oh well, there's oil to be got in Alaska...what are y'all waiting for?

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ben5
Member # 1488

- posted      Profile for ben5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well your canadian, so you don't know what it's like to be a rational American right now, I feel so ashamed of my country right now.
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which way did the rational voters vote ben? Bush or Kerry?
Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"well your canadian, so you don't know what it's like to be a rational American right now, I feel so ashamed of my country right now."

I'm a rational Canadian who thinks Bush was not such a bad choice, although I was far from enthusiastic about either candidate. If you arrogant leftists don't stop assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant or irrational, then frankly, you don't deserve to be in power, and you will continue to be marginalized, as you were in this election.

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a memeber of the International community, believe me, we know. But even if we don't agree, even if we vehemently disagree, we respect the sovereignty of nations. We're all in the same boat together. One of our shipmates is causing a little trouble and a lot of others are saying he's going to sink the boat.

The thing is, he's also at the tiller, plus he's frickin' huge!

Just gotta make the best of it.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The thing is, he's also at the tiller, plus he's frickin' huge!
Interesting point. But here is a question for you. What is wrong with him rocking the boat to get the pirates off the ship? You know that even if you get knocked overboard he will dive in and save you.

Sure, you may get a cold bath, but at least the ship is not going to be infested with pirates.

Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You know that even if you get knocked overboard he will dive in and save you."

Wow. The Canadians know that?
Heck, I don't think Bush would lift a finger to save me if I were knocked overboard, and I'm an actual American.

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

So who's at the tiller when he jumps in? [Wink]
EvanWeeks
Member # 883

- posted      Profile for EvanWeeks   Email EvanWeeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nono.. Bush himself doesn't jump in. We, the military, do.
Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Ricardo
Member # 1678

- posted      Profile for David Ricardo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanc, do not worry so much. This is probably for the best in the long run.

A second Bush term will bring clarity in 2008.

And hopefully the Republican Party will regain its sanity by 2008.

Posts: 1429 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EvanWeeks
Member # 883

- posted      Profile for EvanWeeks   Email EvanWeeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And hopefully the Democratic Party will have reformed some sense of purpose other than the "defeat the evil republicans" platform they've been using for the last decade.
Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

True. I am hopeful that real Republicans like McCain will finally backbone their way into representing American values again.

I like extreme with my sports, but never with my ideologies.

[ November 03, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

quote:
So who's at the tiller when he jumps in?
That certainly is a hard one when none of the other crew mates feel acting like a crew and saving you. [Wink]

Who is at fault, the captain for worrying about his crew of the crew for their apparent apathy?

canadian
Member # 1809

Sometimes, an analogy can be sunk by taking it too far. As I have now just observed.

lol

Godot
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Godot   Email Godot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca:
But here is a question for you. What is wrong with him rocking the boat to get the pirates off the ship? You know that even if you get knocked overboard he will dive in and save you.

Sure, you may get a cold bath, but at least the ship is not going to be infested with pirates.

Um... He attacked another nation that didn't have, uh... pirates. Afghanistan had pirates. Iraq didn't.

Also, I don't think Bush is going to rid the world of terrorists. That would require him to do some housecleaning at the CIA.

I only hope the appetite of the administration's LIKKUD-ites (Kristol, Perle, Rumsfeld, et. al.), the same crowd who tried to pressure Clinton into invading Iraq, will be appeased once they stomp on Syria. ("Ah come on G. Dubya, let's GET 'EM. We got more than enough dubious intelligence to make it sound good. Besides, it's right next door.")

Posts: 444 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidA
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sometimes, an analogy can be sunk by taking it too far. As I have now just observed."

The barnacles of obfuscation have lodged themselves onto the rudder of democracy that guides the ship of state, causing it run aground on the treacherous rocks of despotism, allowing the ill winds of discontent to tilt the ship of state, and tear the sails of patriotism, until the crew is forced to jump ship and swim in the waters of discontent, where, lo, they are munched upon by the sharks of multi-national capitalism and the lampreys of moral confusion.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

ROFLMAO!
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lost passages of the hitchhiker's guide to the deep blue sea!
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

But here I was thinking that canadian was talking about the world being the ship, so yes, we do have pirates.
canadian
Member # 1809

There's just one ship/planet. Pirates would have to come from outer space.
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

They are mutinous pirates. We only take sailors here.
WillBest
Member # 1833

- posted      Profile for WillBest   Email WillBest       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in space aliens. I see them on TV, they must be real. I love the puns/analogies.

seriously though. I don't think this term is going to be as bad as the last one.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhymes with tequila
Member # 1621

- posted      Profile for rhymes with tequila   Email rhymes with tequila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna start saying "the barnacles of obfuscation"
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

lol.

I love it!

Maybe we can start using this on other boards, too. In two years candidates will be decrying their opposition for employing "the barnacles of obsfucation" in their campaigns....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page