Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Dutch Muslim school attacked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dutch Muslim school attacked
Delirium Tremens
Member # 1997

- posted      Profile for Delirium Tremens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While in the US, people continue discussing the Bush vs Kerry affairs, it seems like more and more people in the rest of the world are losing their ability to solve conflicts.

---

CNN:

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- A suspected bomb has blown the front door off a Muslim elementary school in a southern Dutch town and shattered windows across the street, days after a suspected Muslim radical killed a Dutch filmmaker, police said.
---

Any thoughts?

Posts: 432 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is there to say, besides how tragic for the innocents on both sides? And not fair. And really messed up. It sounds like reactions over there may be considerably hotter than over here. My heart goes out them all.
Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably a continuation of the ongoing feud that started when Pim, that gay anti-muslim Dutch polititian was assassinated a few years ago.

I think the Europeans are just making loud noises about the evil americans, to help distract from their own ugly internal conflicts with the Muslims, just like the Buchanon administration scapegoated the Mormons in order to distract from the North v. South conflict.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towellman
Member # 1462

- posted      Profile for towellman   Email towellman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continental Europe's race relations are in pretty bad shape and from my brothers recent trip to France, their respect for human rights shows gaping holes and police brutality can go unchecked. (just one eyewitness views there though).

Scapegoating the US and our evil GM devil crops makes lots of sense. Maybe it will help unify the EU and get the other members to choose a frenchman to be president for life.

On a more serious note, I did read a report about the assination and was worried about what the outcome would be. It is sad that the reaction was what it was and hopefully will stop there. It also made me grateful that no American leaders have been assinated lately (unles you don't consider democratic senators dying in place crashes accidental).

Posts: 220 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page