Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » David Letterman Top Ten

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: David Letterman Top Ten
Star Pilot 111
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Star Pilot 111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just strange enough to make me
wonder [Confused]

I was watching David Letterman just to see what his Top Ten List was, Nov 10 2004, last night. He said "we'll be right back with tonight's Top Ten". When the show came back on after commercial, no Top Ten.

I went to the Top Ten web site. The Pop-up said " there is no top ten list for the date you requested".

I'm curious why it wasn't on.

He's on CBS hmmmm.

I'll try again tomorrow. If any of you can find it , please let me know. My goal now is not to find the Top Ten List for 11-10-2004, as much as to find out why it wasn't on.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I'm noticing there hasn't been a top 10 list archived since 11/4 . Maybe the writers just realized the lists were really crappy! Nahhhh...that's never stopped them before! [Big Grin] The only thing that popped into my mind (for why they'd announce it then not do it) is that it had something to do with Arafat, and they got word that he'd died. Sounds unlikely, but it was the only thing that occurred to me.
Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Pilot 111
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Star Pilot 111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good point. It is highly possible, it was something political like that.
I guess CBS has to watch their P's and Q's now, because of the Rather debacle. [Big Grin]

I was conjuring up some great conspiracy, by the government, to suppress freedom of speech, but that would never happen. Or would it? [Wink]

I think I've been watching too much X-Files. [Cool]

Posts: 337 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koner
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Koner   Email Koner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letterman's show is not live. I think its actually filmed at like 4:30 in the Afternoon (I once had tickets to the show when I was stationed in New Jersey but didn't go). I don't think the the death of Arafat would have stopped a top ten list. There is some other reason.
Posts: 754 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page