Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » When politics and d20 meet ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When politics and d20 meet ...
Molonel
Member # 1667

- posted      Profile for Molonel   Email Molonel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how many of you are gamers, but I post on another forum where we frequently discuss politics, but the majority of the posters are gamers.

Here is a recent tongue-in-cheek comment by one of the folks there:

"Yeah, last year when someone on the radio referred to Sadr as a dangerous rogue cleric, I almost drove off the road laughing. I mean, bad enough that he can spontaneously cast Inflict Wounds and command undead, but now we need to worry about Sneak Attack, and we can't flank him? That's about the worst insurgent leader imaginable. Damn, I'm a geek."

Posts: 182 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, I hope gamer jargon doesn't take over the airwaves any time soon. I'd have no idea what was going on. I would expect command undead to mean that he can actually raise himself from the dead...in which case he WOULD be the worst insurgent leader imaginable.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He strikes me as more of a Barbarian than a Rogue/Cleric.

Thus the saying "You can run but you can't hide."

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, wow. That's far too funny. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grin* I knew I liked you, Mol.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All we need is a Prismatic Sphere and he won't be a problem anymore. Either that or just have the marine chaplins set a few Glyphs up around the mosques.
Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Mol, but do we get to roll for damage? [Razz] (revealing my ancient D&D and C&S roots here).
Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Camp
Member # 192

- posted      Profile for Jon Camp   Email Jon Camp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get a druid to come down from the Celtic lands and cast a Creeping Doom on him?
Posts: 782 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kit
Member # 1299

- posted      Profile for Kit   Email Kit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/Kit draws his +1 Sword of Enlightened Tolerance and prepares to go hunting.
Posts: 704 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page