Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Martial arts anyone? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Martial arts anyone?
musket
Member # 552

- posted      Profile for musket         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was once treated to an interesting demonstration by Professor Wally Jay, whose system is called "Small Circle Ju-jitsu." He appeared to be in his sixties at the time he paid a visit to our little Wing Chun kwoon.

Lemme tell ya, if this guy managed to get hold of your wrist, you were history. There was no way to escape. His sense of distance, his ability to stay just out of range of any possible counter while relentlessly, completely controlling you, was absolutely uncanny. What was really impressive was that he was indeed just out of range, and not an inch further. Very affable man, too, humble as you could ask for in a genuine master martial artist.

On the other hand, at the same demo one of his leading local disciples (IIRC, Sensei Jay himself was from Hawaii), a huge guy with an equally big ego, tried putting a rear choke hold on me. He was really trying, too.

I simply sank and turned my chin into his hold to relieve the pressure, reached back and down, and gently let him know that if I'd wanted to, I could have crushed his testes. He was very embarrassed that I'd done this... hey, don't touch my balls! Sorry pal, but all's fair in a real fight.

Of course, you can also forget all those years of study and training and defeat any opponent with the following move. Just extend your forefinger right at his face and say, "You better watch it pal-- I know kung fu!" [Big Grin]

[ December 02, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

Posts: 1524 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politius
Member # 1756

- posted      Profile for Politius   Email Politius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a book i read that teaches something called the 64 steps. The sixty four steps is a a radius of circle sixty four steps long (duh). Every step that you take leads to another pattern of steps and so on and so forth. As a result, you can learn to out wit and pretty much maneuver your enemy into wherever you want him. Coupled with the ability to read movements, you become EXTREMELY devastating in your martial arts.
Posts: 168 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page