Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Most impressive forged diploma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most impressive forged diploma
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been giving some thought to getting a post-graduate degree diploma as part of the decorations on my desk at work.

I've currently got an employee of the quarter plaque and the President's Award (from my company) both of which were donated by the original owners and have my name created from a tape gun pasted over the top of the the original name.

I also have a photography studio picture of a young lady that I cut out of a sales circular about 14 years ago on display as my (non-existant) eleven year old niece Tasha.

So for a post-graduate degree I'm looking for something that'd be completely useless in an office setting, self-explanitory to anyone looking at it so that they don't ask about it forcing me to spin out a lie, yet in a field that sounds fairly impressive.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you do for work?
Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for ed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
knowing you, ATW, i'd recommend economics.

ed

Posts: 219 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Masterman:
What do you do for work?

I'm a fraud investigator for a private company.

ed, I'm wanting to avoid fields like economics because it might look like I'm advertising useful expertise which I don't necessarily have. Anything related to business, accounting, management, marketing, finance, etc. is not in consideration.

But some other field in which I already have knowledge or interest might be a possibility. I like the civil war, comic books, mythology, science fiction, wwii, politics....

Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not that its any of my business, but isn't this sort of ironic considering the question posed by this thread?
Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for ed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ATW, i forget sometimes just how dry your sense of humor can be; my bad. :>

in that case, what about art history? or advanced folklore studies?

ed

Posts: 219 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a PhD in simpson theory?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the name of the university set yet?
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my office, I have a certificate for "Excellent Playground Behavior" that I recieved in Elementary School.
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

I have an honorary PhD in childrens literature from the Hebrew University in Boston, from 5th grade *Grin*
ATW
Member # 1690

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Masterman:
quote:
Not that its any of my business, but isn't this sort of ironic considering the question posed by this thread?
Adam

Deliberately ironic.

I've considered my ability to think like a con artist to be an aid in my work.

===

The name of the university is up in the air. I've had a fondness for Northeast Southwestern University. I feel my studies there gave direction to my life.

Art history is a possibility. Art Garfunkel, Art Flemming and Art Linkletter. Any others?

aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should go with something fairly obscure, like Classics Studies (mythology) or some variation of history. You could also do some kind of English degree, with a thesis on Science Fiction. I actually had class from a guy with a Mater's in English and a Science Fiction specialization...unless he made it up [Smile]
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Northeast Southwestern University topic, there are three schools in Michigan that have been referred to as Directional Michigan (Eastern, Western and Central).
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Northeastern Northwestern university? Located west of chicago and east of boston...
ATW
Member # 1690

Most of the world is west of chicago and east of boston.
Everard
unregistered

I know. Not normally how we think of thsoe cities in relation to each other, though.
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Northeastern is West of Boston.
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Technically true. But then, northwestern is located northeast of chicago.
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a Master's in Poultry Science from Wahroonga A&M in Australia?
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

animal husbandry? :>

ed

JLMyers
Member # 1983

- posted      Profile for JLMyers   Email JLMyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it kind of weird to have a picture of your "neice" on your desk?

KE

Posts: 2007 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now HERE'S the most impressive forged diploma...a cat recently got an MBA....with a 3.5 GPA!
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
potemkyn
unregistered

English literature, Anthropology, or European studies.

All good choices.

Paul C
Member # 1804

- posted      Profile for Paul C   Email Paul C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Pederastology?

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Paul C

Posts: 188 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Weeder
Member # 1046

- posted      Profile for Weeder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a degree in modern art from the American University of Tehran?
Posts: 270 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PhD in Weapons of Mass Distraction from Hollywood U.
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

advanced gastronomic studies, underhill university? :>

ed

LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Political Science from Ornery University
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would ask, what would fool me? Degrees in religion used to fake me out.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sancselfieme
unregistered

ATW, here is the absolute beauty.

A PHD in bagpiping from Cornel.

witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aupton, for shame, you forgot Northern Michigan University (www.nmu.edu) in the directionals. Best known as the alma maters of good coaches Tom Izzo and Steve Marriuicci (the most famous Yoopers ever) and less good, non-Yooper Jerry Glanville.

I'd suggest Native American Pop Culture Studies.

Dan

[ December 08, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: witless chum ]

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

My apologies...I only know the others for their membership in the same sports conference as my beloved alma mater. What is a Yooper?
Everard
unregistered

Yooper=UPer=Upper Peninsula resident.
ATW
Member # 1690

quote:
Originally posted by Sancselfieme:
ATW, here is the absolute beauty.

A PHD in bagpiping from Cornel.

Hmmm, bagpipes are the one instrument that no one would be able to tell if I were playing correctly or not.
aupton15
Member # 1771

I thought it was the school mascot...I've heard some strange ones before.

My high school mascot was a Highlander, and we had a guy who played bagpipes at various assemblies and games. It might be more difficult than you think...perhaps and accordian would be better.

scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Genealogy? or Music Appreciation?
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
potemkyn
unregistered

Islamic studies at Kandhar Community College.
Sancselfieme
unregistered

I think Cornel is the only university that offers a doctorate in bagpiping.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page