Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » You are all educated stupid!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You are all educated stupid!!!
SpencerHR
Member # 1401

- posted      Profile for SpencerHR   Email SpencerHR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.timecube.com/

Has anybody else seen this site before? Apparently it is a schizophrenic man's theory of everything, and he thinks that academia is suppressing him. The theory, as far as I can tell, consists of the earth actually existing in a "time cube," meaning that there are actually only four time zones, at each corner, meaning that there are four simultaneous days inside one rotation of the earth. And that's about it (and here I always thought cubes had eight corners). Then he starts ranting, and that's where the funny comes in. I just thought some of you would enjoy.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reads like warmed-over Church of the Subgenius, which defies explanation and must simply be EXPERIENCED to be understood. From the Slack FAQ:

http://www.subgenius.com/slaq.htm

quote:
Pity the poor human Earth Pink who comes looking for a SIMPLE, SHORT EXPLANATION of The Church of the SubGenius™, one that he or she can UNDERSTAND QUICKLY. If the Church could provide THAT, it would be bigger than Islam or Christianity by now -- and probably much, much worse.

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all became aware of the TIMECUBE around four years ago. Where have you two been?
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for ed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tom, not everyone shares your wide-ranging breadth of discussion forum experience, sir. :>

ed

Posts: 219 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MIND OR EDUCATION TO ENVISION NATURE'S TIME CUBE.

YOU WORD-MURDER YOUR CHILDREN.

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ed, that's their problem, innit? [Wink]

Seriously, I'm glad more people have had the opportunity to discover the Timecube -- but I'm rather disturbed to think that these people might just be discovering it now, as I've been making Timecube-related jokes on various fora for years now.

It's rather unnerving to think that when I reply to a long, rambling, incoherent post with "YOU ARE ALL EDUCATED STUPID! ONLY STUPID EVIL EDUCATOR SLAVES REGURGITATE THE WORD EVIL!" someone reading might stop for a second and think, "Gee, I wonder what's happened to Tom." [Smile]

[ December 07, 2004, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I just got to this particular backwater, and have not yet learned the ways of the TIMECUBE. I would probably assume that you were joking, Tom [Smile]
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for ed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tom, i think it's fair to say that timecube is still not as well known as the various iterations of zero-wing/AYB zaniness and the like. :>

ed

[ December 07, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: ed ]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

All your base belong to evil stupids?
JLMyers
Member # 1983

- posted      Profile for JLMyers   Email JLMyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought you went nuts sometimes, Tom. [Wink]

Do I need to know about this Time Cube? (I mean; besides to understand TomD) Is there any truth or relevance to the idea?

KE

[ December 07, 2004, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: JLMyers ]

Posts: 2007 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

well clearly, tom, the only appropriate response to that: the timecube set you up the bomb.

ed

aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard some weird techno song that was just the repitition of "All your base are belong to us." Is this related at all? I can't decide if I should actually look into this, or if I should dismiss it entirely.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

aupton, this link might be more helpful.

ed

The Drake
Member # 2128

"All your base are belong to us" - the history of this is fascinating. I first found about this only a couple of years ago. There's a writeup about how this obscure video game prompted major media attention on the site that ed linked. An excellent case study in how Internet buzz can drive traditional media outlets.
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Educators teach erroneous Mathematics. 3-Dimensional math as in length, width and height are erroneous when applied within a Cube like room for they do not account for the 4-corner perspective dimensions of difference as in '4-dimensional space'. Solar system, Earth sphere and human body all have a front, back and 2 sides which rotate between the 2 top and bottom poles - ceiling and floor parameters.
Huh? You can have vectors and spaces of any dimension in math. The front, back, and sides of any object are surfaces in three-dimensional space. This isn't even well-thought-out zaniness.

The sad part is that if this guy were a famous poet or something, there would be a whole cadre of academics trying to get the world to take this stuff seriously, just as there is for Yeats's visions.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link. It all seems very silly to me, but I'm a big fan of silly. How is this related to the Time Cube thing? Is it an offshoot or something?
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed
Member # 1673

completely unrelated. the point i was making was that i thought that the "all your base" stuff was probably better known than the timecube scribblings, and as you can see, things snowballed somewhat. :>

ed

aupton15
Member # 1771

Oh okay. I'm actually glad they aren't related. I'm not sure I could handle the explanation, if it existed. Thanks for getting me up to speed!!!
maniacal_engineer
Member # 116

- posted      Profile for maniacal_engineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is some fascinating commentary on crank.net in which they discuss his visit to MIT to debate the time cube

kewl

Posts: 962 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes a web page may look like a crank, but if you go a little deeper its really insightful. The following site helped me overcome an insidious and evil practice:

http://www.angelfire.com/on4/selfabuse/

(easily offended, be forewarned: silliness lurks.
[Wink] )
Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page