Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » An interesting look at Dan Rather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An interesting look at Dan Rather
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110005969
Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not all that interesting. *shrug* Would you expect Peggy Noonan to say anything else?
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATW
Member # 1690

- posted      Profile for ATW   Email ATW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't have been surprised to see her repeatedly slam him without presenting another side to him.

YMMV

Posts: 575 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noonan has never, to my knowledge, bitten a hand that fed her. This is about as close as I've seen her come; the "he was nice to me when I worked there, but he's been helpless against being brainwashed by the liberal orthodoxy" is pretty much what I'd expect. She can't admit that he's got integrity, because she's built a career on saying the opposite about the "liberal media," but she can't say he doesn't have integrity without backbiting someone who helped shape her early career, so she makes his lack of integrity a natural consequence of working in the media during Watergate, when all those people going after Richard Nixon were just looking to gild the lily.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One I liked. It explains so much more.

http://www.slate.com/id/2107006

Dan

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page