Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat (Page 136)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  ...  196  197  198   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carlotta,
Absolutely. And the fabrics of the garments are in many different styles. I prefer a light cotton, my husband has a heavier kind. They have nursing tops and spandex insert bottoms and are willing to make just about any adjustment you personally need to YOUR set (I have mine adjusted because I have extra wide shoulders for a girl and if the area in the arm pit is not deeper cut, it bites into my under arm). They are very comfortable. Steve Young the football player always removed his whites while playing ball (they could have been stained and whatnot) and put on whites after the game. He said once that the other guys would see them on him and admire the cut and material and ask, "hey, where can we get some of those?" and Young replied, "they're too expensive." -- referring to the covenants, which include paying a full tithe, that they represent.

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

- posted      Profile for Carlotta   Email Carlotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great response on his part!
Posts: 1318 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carlotta-

Yep. Steve was being funny, but also deflecting a discussion on a topic that we just don't open much. But as far as how we wear them, gosh, I'd much rather have a nice, frank discussion than have people wondering and all over with crazy theories. We Mormons aren't crazy, stupid or masochistic. I like my whites.

[ February 19, 2008, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched "Music & Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymoor, and it was really really good.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Did y'all say somewhere that you can't wear backless dresses? Cause that's a damn shame. There is something very wrong with any religion that keeps women from wearing backless or strapless dresses. The small of a womans back, her neck and shoulders...I don't think God would be very happy with y'all covering up some of his best work.

KE

munga
Member # 6006

KE- John loves me to dress up for him and I do, and there is a lot of sexy fun stuff that doesn't involve showing (as that does) too much to everyone else. My advice to all ladies is to prevent divorce by keeping your husband in a state of deep smit, and never ever to be cheap on the physical affection. Let your husband know that you are the happy and willing source of all such intimacy and he'll never even glance away. A giving attitude like that helps over many hard, bitter roads by applying the endorphins of intimate love and loyalty.
KnightEnder
unregistered

Yeah, my wife has a strategy like that. But it goes more like; keep him starved for sex and he'll always think you're sexy. I hate it. [Smile]

But, you got a point, if you're already married. But still, I guess it's a guy thing, or maybe just a me thing, but there's something about walking into a room with Stacy dressed to the nines on my arm, and having every guy there stop stare and wish he was me for just a moment. [Smile] Of course Stacy could do that in a burlap sack, but some of the outfits she used to wear. Umh.

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Just want to nitpick and got nowhere else to do it.

I'm watching SG1 reruns, as I love to do, and I can't help wondering if the G'ould took over the Ancients technology how come the best weapon the Ancients came up with was basically laser muskets. I mean; one shot and then wait for it to recharge while our guys with their P90's just open up on them.

I know; suspension of belief time. [Smile]

KE

[ February 19, 2008, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Oh, and is it wrong to lust after someone who represents evil beings from another planet? Adria, the beautiful woman from Serenity. She looks even better leading the Ori on SG1.

At this risk of pissing Funean off; I think all Adria needs is a night with one good atheist to turn her around. [Wink]

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Hey, They took away our "On the Internet Nobody Knows You're a Dog" thread. Or "The Picture Thread". Give it back!

KE

munga
Member # 6006

KE- I can do that to a room without showing BARE skin. I love going through a room all dressed up with John and watching him stand just a little taller and straighter than usual.

As for the other stuff, if there is no compelling reason to say No (actual physical inability, sickness, bubonic plague..) John knows the answer is Yes. Women are willing to wash diapers and throw up..... but not willing to do something when "out of the mood"?? How do we do all those other things, "out of the mood" except to decide to get into the mood? By the way, this was a wonderful side-benefit in the years that we worked together in a family business: no one had to wait until nightfall and we had soooooo much fun.

KnightEnder
unregistered

Proof that I am not a drug addict, and that I love my wife. We have been out of Vicodin for about three days and tonight I found one I had forgotten in a drawer, and I gave it to her. Although the fact that this was even a decision might argue in favor of me having a problem? Well, at least I love my wife more than drugs. That's something, right?

KE

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't you give it to me? Selfish bastard

Now you're never going to see me in a backless black dress!

[ February 20, 2008, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: TommySama ]

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never?

Pshaw.

Next time i'll buy him booze and take a camera, KE.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

KE- you gave your wife your pain pill? I hate to ask what YOU need them for. But yes, that is love.
TommySama
Member # 2780

Yeah right Jesse. I'm never going to California again, I don't want to end up under a pile of rubble when your next big earthquake comes!
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, because being buried alive in blizzards is so much fun.

PPPssssstt...hey tommy, read OSC's latest front page article.

Turns out he was right, 58-41% .

[ February 20, 2008, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

I think Hillary's strategy of losing every state is going to backfire on her ;-)
TommySama
Member # 2780

It doesn't snow in Minnesota anymore, so there!
Jesse
Member # 1860

I know you're young, Tommy, but winter comes every year.
Jesse
Member # 1860

Speaking of winter...

Wisconsin doesn't count, because the snow was up to here, and Clinton couldn't wade through it, so she was at a disadvantage in trying to compete.

The Magic Mullato Elf used his powers to race along the top of the snow, which everyone knows isn't fair.

Also, Wisconsin is almost 7% black, so everyone knew Obama would win.

OceanRunner
Member # 5605

- posted      Profile for OceanRunner   Email OceanRunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KE, I loved Music & Lyrics too... and I'm a snob about romantic comedies, I think most of them blow. But a good one, that's actually funny... great stuff.

The only problem with that movie is walking around afterwards singing, "I feel it in my fingers/ I feel it in my toes..."

All that stuff where you guys were talking about sex? I skipped over that since I won't be getting any until, oh, AUGUST. There's nothing like not having access to make you wish you'd taken even greater advantage while you could!

Posts: 740 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

I'm not sure whether to say "That poor boy" or "That lucky guy".
caladbolg1125
Member # 3666

- posted      Profile for caladbolg1125   Email caladbolg1125   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think this deserves its own thread but I thought it was neat. In middle school I heard about a way to make your own Jedi name. Yes we were geeks but I feel I'm in good company here.

The Process: First Name: Take the first two letters of you first name and the first three letters of you last name and stick them together.

Mine is Macol.

Second Name: Take the first two letters of your mother's maiden name and the first three letters of the town you were born in and stick those together.

Mine is Jehou for a full Jedi name of Macol Jehou. It has a nice ring to my ears. Plus it makes for fun trying to guess what town a person was born in, or in the case of anonymity, what a person's name is. Have fun crafting your own jedi names.

Posts: 615 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

Macol Jehou:

MaZol FoOsw sends you greetings.

Jesse
Member # 1860

Between this notion and the birthday thread, we're headed right for full info exposure [Smile]
caladbolg1125
Member # 3666

- posted      Profile for caladbolg1125   Email caladbolg1125   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy, Mazol. That's right I'm a Southern Jedi.

Fake Jedi names are totally kosher, Jesse. Er, that is, they not with the dark side.

I'm not, in fact, a southern and Jewish Jedi. Though that is a fun notion.

Posts: 615 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clark
Member # 2727

- posted      Profile for Clark   Email Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm . . . if I use the city my family lived in when I was born then I am Clblo Wisan. If I use the city the hospital is in I am Clblo Wisal. Either way, my name sucks.
Posts: 420 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

MaZol FoOws loves JoZo KiSai!!!! :X
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KnightEnder quoted MacArthur on the 'Ornery Support Group' thread. I was curious - if I were looking for a biography on MacArthur (the younger), do any of you have suggestions in that regard?
Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MacArthur wrote a well-regarded autobiography. That would be a good place to start. Nothing like hearing from the man himself.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

Does anybody speak mandarin Chinese?
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Adam speaks a few words. Not sure.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

The hypocricy of our country never ceases to amaze me. Driving back home from dropping my son off at school I pass a street called "Winecup".

Can you imagine if there were streets called "Drug Paraphanalia Lane"? "Heroin Spoon"? "Rolled Up Twenty Dollar Bill"? "Roach Clip Drive"? I gues it's better than "Shotglass". [Frown]

KE

Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, alcohol is legal. Or does "winecup" also refer to some other drug?

Incidentally, according to Google "winecup" is also the common name of a flower.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Winecup is a Texas wildflower sometimes called the Cowboy Rose. Winecup Way in Austin, for example, is in an area which also has streets named Wild Plum Way and Daisy Path. So the reference is probably to the flower, one variety of which is bright red and shaped somewhat like a cup.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post 
Notes from the North:

Nice eclipse last night. Anyone else take it in?

Also, debate tonight on CNN. You just know this is going to be a huuuge ratings hit. No matter your political stripe, if you're following politics, chances are you'll be tuning in. No important sports game for me to watch, so checking out Hillary's last ditches should be interesting.

Wonder if Obama can handle the heat?

Speaking of elections, our province is in the middle of one. Surprisingly, the fact that we're pumping out enough pollution from the Oil Sands to deform and cause cancerous tumours on the wildlife that the Natives in Fort Chipewyan rely on to survive is not an issue. Wait, that's not surprising at all.

Speaking of Oil Sands, did you know that the Northern Alberta "Athabasca Oil Sands" are only second in the world to the Saudi reserves?

That's one to grow on.

Anyhoo, keep it real, muchachos.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

The clouds all went away as soon as the eclipse was over. [Frown]
KnightEnder
unregistered

The next street over is Jack Daniels Drive. And I think Marijauna is a plant, too. And alcohol being legal is just my point.

KE

Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lost about 30 lbs over a period of about three months using the guidelines in Eat to Live. Basically eat as much as I want. No hunger. Good stuff.

(I am not affiliated with Dr. Fuhrman in any way. Just passing this along.)

Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  ...  196  197  198   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page