Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  196  197  198   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP--ahhhhh....a little bit to the left....right...yep....yeah.... [Big Grin]

It's REALLY good ice cream, from our very own milk (we have dairy goats). I need to make some more, soon. I've been trying my hand at cheese-making, too. We have lots of extra milk, so I'm trying several new recipes. I've made a sort of fresh farmer cheese, some "near-ricotta", and I'm currently aging something similar to a Jack cheese. I want to do some homemade sour cream, but I have to get some (storebought) with live culture, to use as a starter.

Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<evil grin> But Fun, that's exactly what I had in mind! A nice, big carrot pie, with a side of parsnips and turnip greens!
Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. The things one misses when qan Unrelenting Ruffian has in depth discourse with one he calls a Sanctimonious Ass.

"<sigh> alright, but just one oversized men's flannel shirt......well-washed......with a couple of strategically missing buttons......"

Uh, I popped a button, mom. Can you fix it?

[ September 10, 2005, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't anyone make *fruit* pies anymore?

Fruit's good for you...sheesh...

<laments>

(Yum...goat ice cream!)

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

kl--aren't you afraid of getting pricked? *blink*
kidzmom
Member # 2015

O.k., Fun...fruit pies, then.....
Avocado? Tomato? [Big Grin]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post 
I trust you mom. You're pretty good with things needing to be, uh, sown.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better...bit more juice than danged old carrots, anyhow!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Juice is nutritious.

But pie, oh my, pie gives you strength.

kidzmom
Member # 2015

*wince, groan* Careful, kl--you may make me homonymophobic!
*walking toward ken with my sewing basket* Hold still, now dear; this won't hurt....much! <weg>

Fun, don't get too happy over there, or I'll have to send some undercooked, oversalted frozen green beans your way!

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Looks to me like Ops is having too much Fun. I say we teach her some... restraint.

[ September 10, 2005, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

kidzmom
Member # 2015

Hey, wait a minute!! I'M the R.M.D.G. here! Ops, keep rubbing....umm, polishing!
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Too bad we cantaloupe. But it would mango our lives. Knock 'em out of plum. But there's always time for a trip to the peach....
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Funny peach. The sand is all.... fuzzy. And... and... it MELTS in your mouth!
kidzmom
Member # 2015

I artichoke you for that gruel display. You totally went bananas! Orange you ashamed of yourself?
kidzmom
Member # 2015

...in your mouth, not in your hand, ken?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Not at all. I feel like I've brought us to a hornocopia, even a Land of Cockaygne.

Hmmm ... you put de lime in de coconut, you shake 'em all up.... and THEN you feel better!

[ September 10, 2005, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"...in your mouth, not in your hand, ken?"

I ain't plain for peanuts here, ma'am. Mouth.

kidzmom
Member # 2015

ROFLOL....mercy! Mercy! Stop, if you carrot all! Wait a minute...carrot...Funean, where are you?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

De udder wimminz be all gowin teh bed now, mizzus. Me too. You put de lime in de coconut and call me in de moahoahoanin....

God. LOOK at this hotel room. We better sneak out early....

kidzmom
Member # 2015

I tell ya, we never shoulda touched the cheap Oahacan stuff...gets ya into trouble every time... you take the hand towels, I'll get the washcloths.

'night, John-boy!

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Wow. Wadda woman. Kebnmeer stumbles clumsily into his wee dinghy, then pulls oars toward ship, stroeks troubling the moon in the water, the crak of the oarlocks not quite masking the weazing of his aging lungs but giving a nice background tempo to the buzzing in his ears.

Cap'n better not have rolled up the ladder, dammit.

kidzmom
Member # 2015

"one ringhy, dinghy..."
Clutching her contraband washcloths, kidzmom dives into the dinghy after ken, and strikes up a chanty to encourage him:

When I was a little boy,
And so my mother told me, (to me!)
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe
That if I didn't kiss the girls,
My lips would go all mouldy. (to me!)
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe. (Up!)

Way, haul away,
We'll hang and haul together. (to me!)
Way, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe.
Way, haul away,
We'll haul for better weather. (to me!)

Oh, once I had an Irish girl,
And she was fat and lazy. (to me!)
Then I had a Yankee girl,
She nearly drove me crazy. (to me!)

King Louis was the King of France
Before the Revolution,
But Louis got his head cut off,
Which spoiled his constitution.

St. Patrick was a gentleman,
He came of dacent people,(to me!)
He built a church in Dublin town
And on it put a steeple. (to me!)

Way, haul away,
We'll hang and haul together.(to me!)
Way, haul away,
We'll haul for better weather. (to me!)

quote:
Cap'n better not have rolled up the ladder, dammit
Or if he did, he might at least be good enough to roll out the barrel instead! [Big Grin]
kidzmom
Member # 2015

O.K., I'm REALLY going to bed now! My dear husband turned out the lights in here!
*shuffles off, clutching favorite blankie*

Funean
Member # 2345

Sheesh, you two. Lookit this mess!
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I want to look at the mess. SOme of what we discover may be unmentionable.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

I think you're right.

<backs away>

kidzmom
Member # 2015

*pokes at sodden pile of terrycloth with a long stick*
Nothing to see here, folks....move along, move along!

Gee, Fun--I have no IDEA what could've happened *blink* Why everything was just FINE when I left!

It's HIS fault!! *points at Everard, and RUNS* [Razz]

Funean
Member # 2345

Why, Everard. And you claimed you'd just gotten there.

Hmm.

kidzmom
Member # 2015

Deny, Distract, Dissemble....... [Big Grin]

muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

KnightEnder
unregistered

Y'all were talking about chastisement and my sick mind turned Funean's request for a bedtime snack into a bedtime smack. I guess that's a Freudian flannel slip?

KE

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

SUnday Night Trivial Creativity Pursuit:

Who put thye bomb in the bomb sha bomp, the rama in the rama lama ding dng, et cetera?

For example: who put the yadi in the yadi yadi yada?

As always, double score for punning interpretations.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Who put the nan in the nanu nanu?

Who put the ooh in the Whoo Hoo!

Who put the laka in the boom shaka laka laka?

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] The season premiere of House MD is tonight, and you should all watch it because it's awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the episodes of House MD that I watched last season, but I am trying to cut back my television viewing this season. I will probably watch Lost again this season, and continue to watch Battlestar Galactica, but I really am trying to keep it to just those two so that I can fit some socialization and time to work on my photography into my evenings.

Who am I kidding, I will probably watch House MD and at least a half dozen other shows this season regularly. I heard that Boston Legal will be back on ABC along with Grey's Anatomy.

Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should at least watch the premiere. 'cuz c'mon, it's the premiere.
Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I will watch the premier tonight, and knowing my willpower I will likely end up watching it regularly. Its just that I finally managed to kick the CBS habit, mostly, last season when I weaned myself off of their CSI shows, but quickly replaced them with fare from ABC, Fox, and the WB. I really am hoping to cut most of that back this season, because over the last several years I have become more and more of a social recluse in the real world, and part of it has to do with all of the in home entertainment options available.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

The premier was awesome. "Bones" wasn't bad.

KE

[ September 13, 2005, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

It was very, very awesome indeed. I liked that the "clinic" storyline was fairly significant this time, almost as important as the "diagnostic" storyline. Although sometimes, it is fun when they use the clinic storyline for humor. Like that woman who had syphillis and was brain-damaged, cursed to be euphoric 'till the end of her days.
potemkyn
unregistered

"Who put the laka in the boom shaka laka laka?"

Wasn't it Miss Piggy? ... wait... which laka are we talking about?

This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  196  197  198   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page