Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Miscellaneous Chat (Page 69)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  196  197  198   
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Chat
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suffering from allergies! [Frown]

Should I just kill myself now, or is there a better way that any of you know of???

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just be grateful you're not a toddler who doesn't quite know how to blow his own nose. Allergies are miserable. Running around with a crusty upper lip? Just icky.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TommySama:
I'm suffering from allergies! [Frown]

Should I just kill myself now, or is there a better way that any of you know of???

Kill yourself. I just found out last week that, in addition to all my other wonderful allergies, I'm allergic to most, if not all, sunblock.

Arg.

EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to add disclaimer for all those, umm, "smart" people who read this post: I was kidding about killing yourself. Please don't. I would never advocate to someone that they should kill themselves with any seriousness. Now, get your finger out of your nose - you know you can't read properly when your picking at those boogers.

[ September 01, 2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: javelin ]

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? That wasn't a booger! That was my brain!! AUGH!!!
Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

"EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to add disclaimer for all those, umm, "smart" people who read this post: I was kidding about killing yourself. Please don't. I would never advocate to someone that they should kill themselves with any seriousness. Now, get your finger out of your nose - you know you can't read properly when your picking at those boogers."

If I killed myself because of what you said, chances are the human race is better off without me.

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

Oh yeah. Just to say.

Heh.

My friend has a Swiss foreign exchange student sort of living with him. I was talking to her, and we were all watching, Napolean Dynomite.

Napoleans brother says, "your mom goes to college" to Napoleans girlfriend.

I started to explain to her that it is a stupid little joke that somehow got national here in the States.

She replied by saying, "I know, we have it in Switzerland, too."

Our world is going to hell in a handbasket.

"What? That wasn't a booger! That was my brain!! AUGH!!!"

Your mom is a booger.

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad, sad, sad...I'm trading in my beloved Crossfire (license tag XF1RE) for a crossover.

Have to do it; my back can't take the sportscar anymore.

Sad day. It was my 40th b'day present (a little early) and my treat for driving an Astro van for about 4 years.

Does anyone else miss a favorite car?

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

[Frown]

I once had a Ford Probe GT (1993 baby [Cool] )

I ended up giving it to my sister though because it's too expensive. I'm moving out of my moms house to my dads soon though, so I'm going to get it back, I guess (one of the agreements she made me agree to was if I ever need it back, she'll give it to me.)

cperry
Member # 1938

TS - Hope you get it back soon. [Smile]
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had a 1966 Ford Galaxy 500 back in the 90's that I loved. I did all of my own maintenance and it was a fun car to drive. Unfortunately, with the modifications to comply with the California emmissions requirements installed, the gas milage went from not very good to sucks really really bad. If I had kept the car I would have sold it by the time gas passed the $2 a gallon mark, but instead I ended up selling it to a friend who likes restoring old cars because the engine was going to need to be rebuilt and it had to be done before I could renew the base registration for the car which was quickly coming due. If I had had more time, I would probably have rebuilt the engine and eventually brought it home to Illinois when I left the Marines.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. I still have my favorite car. [Smile] I never could let go of it, and, instead, kept it as a backup car. Good thing too, since my Dodge Intrepid died with only 99,000 miles on it. [Mad]

Now I drive my backup car and wait to purchase a new one when my land deal goes through. [crosses fingers]

Oh, and my favorite car is a 1988 Pontiac Fiero, the year they finally got them right. I'm the original owner. Unfortunately, it is getting on in age and is a bit of a pain in the butt these days, but it was always a fun little car.

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm back.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Waves, merrily>

So, how've you been?

(Sheesh, how guy-like can you be...give us the news!!)

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair.

Swampped at work. Oldest is very busy with marching band. I am the pop corn kernel for his boy scout troop. More job changes; nothing bad but back and forth. The lady that was going to take over my old position came down with cancer and had to take off several months for sugury and chemo. Twice. She is finally back and getting back up to speed. My wife was in the process of changing jobs, whole different field, but the two doctors lost their nerve and decided not to.

Other than that I have been enjoying myself running a PBEM D&D game with some of the members of the site.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So...if the jerks give you Jury Duty on your birthday, is it contempt of court to write on your request for them to reschedule you

"Nice gag that, Jury Duty on my birthday. You jerks have a good laugh over that one?"?

Secondly, would it be a good idea to consider whether or not it was contempt of court BEFORE dropping the envelope in the mail box?

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turambar
Member # 3024

- posted      Profile for Turambar   Email Turambar       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a little question. Are here any unamerican people ????

[ September 07, 2006, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Turambar ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are, Turambar. Someone mentioned he or she was from England, canadian is from Canada, and someone just yesterday made a post from Australia. RickyB has lived in Israel since he was nine, although he lived in the United States before that. So nothing requires members to be American, although Americans certainly make up the largest group.
Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Welcome back, msquared!

Maybe contempt Jesse, but understandable.

javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there are people here who are not from America.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tommy, Claritin. I never had allergies (or at least not that I really recall) until a couple years ago. The stuff has worked magic for me.
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back msquared.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

Well, I have mostly been lurking of late, and that will probably continue for now. I am back in school, part time this semester, going for either an accounting or marketing degree. I am still sorting out which direction I plan to go in, but the job prospects in both of these fields are much better than if I were to complete my BS in Computer Science. Also I am completely burned out in Computer Science and have no motivation to finish that degree. Believe it or not, my eyes actually glaze over when I see a screen full of code, which isn't good for my job. I'm taking like a duck to water in my Accounting 101 and Economics 101 classes so far, and my accounting teacher is trying to convince me to go for the accounting degree. I plan to find out a little more about what to expect from both accounting and marketing degrees in the next few weeks and make a solid decision one way or the other. I have several relatives and aquaintences that have accounting or finance degrees so I plan to pick their brains, but I need to find some people with marketing degrees to ask questions of as well. Once I get my bearing with working full time and going to school again, I'll try to start participating a bit more around here again.
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking to Paul and asked him about his new career. Sounded like he was doing well. Next thing I know Angela will be pushing the "You should be a teacher too" speech.

What floored me though was what he made considering he lives up north in Boston where teachers suppossedly make far more than their southern counterparts.

All I can say is I have a new found respect for Paul.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesse -

I believe in Fairfax Co. VA, you can reschedule no questions asked. Apparently your name just keeps coming up until you fulfill your obligation (although I'm sure there is a limit to the number of times you can abstain)

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesse I think you should go ahead and serve...you'd have a trump card for anyone who ever complains about a disappointing birthday (careful of those who have had something genuinely bad happen though).
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave - once upon a time I was in school taking comp-sci classes and I had the same problem. What made you go for it in the first place? What do you like about coding, if anything?

The reason I ask is because I left college and took a customer service job, and incidental to the progress of my career with that company, I've had the opportunity to do some coding. I am getting more and more drawn back to programming as a career. It turns out I hate having it explained to me, and I hate fulfilling coding exercises meant to teach me how to do things, but I really like doing it to solve a genuine problem (or explot an opportunity, if you prefer). To me it's like the difference between writing a poem because I feel like it and being told to write one in iambic pentameter about sheep.

Of course it's been incidental to my main duties so I might change my mind again if I got into it full time and had the problems to be solved handed to me from a project plan. (ah, the uncertainty of career choices...)

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Msquared: You're playing D&D with members of which site?

(if "the site" could just so happen to mean "this site" then I must admit I'd be chomping on the bit to ask to join.)

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

Scifibum,

The short answer is that I have a lot of personal experience programming computers and I had a lot of encouragement to capitalize on that from friends and family.

The long answer:

My family got its first home computer way back in 1983, when I was 13. It was an Atari 800, and while my dad used it for keeping track of finances and the like, my brother and I made extensive use of the games. It had a tape drive, we got a floppy drive for it about a year and a half later, and most programs were distributed on cartridges which you plugged in to use. One day I was over at a friends house who also had an Atari 800, and he was playing a game that I was not familiar with. When I asked him what it was he threw a magazine at me and said that he had typed it in from that. I believe the magazine was called Compute, and it had a number of programs, mainly games, in several dialects of BASIC icluding that used for the Atari 800. One of the cartridges I had for my Atari 800 was BASIC, and I was soon typing in and trying out the programs from each months magazine storing them on tape. One month I still had two weeks before the next edition came out so I started playing with the code on some of my existing programs to see what happened. Soon my dad bought me a book on Atari BASIC and I was writing my own games for the Atari. I started with pong knockoffs and quickly moved up to breakout style games eventually I had even written a few side scrollers. Eventually I bought a Commadore 64 and continued writing games and other programs though at a slower pace as highschool was providing plenty of distractions to keep me occupied. When I went to College it was for Aerospace Engineering at Iowa State University, but I quickly discovered partying and when my parents saw the resulting grades I was informed that I would have to pay for my next semester myself. So I went to community college but had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and eventually I joined the Marines. When I got out of the Marines and was trying to decide what to go back to school for everyone was pushing my towards doing something with computers. My first job right out of the Marines was typesetting textbooks with the TeX typesetting language and I was learning UNIX on the job. I had built my own PC while I was in the Marines and played around with VRML and with some free versions of 3D modelling packages like Caligari's True Space 3D which I liked. Eventually I settled on wanting to either work in computer graphics animation for a company like PIXAR or ILM, or work in Scientific Visualization taking data and presenting it in 3-dimensional forms. When I started working on this the job listings were asking for people with a bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. By now I was working full time for a software company typesetting the manual for its software and writing internal software relevant to the documentation process, and I was working part time on a AAS in Computer Graphics Programming. By the time I finished my degree the places I was applying to were asking for Masters Degrees and were no longer considering equivalent experience. I decided to go for a BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, but I kept dragging my feet and missing deadlines. I fianlly realized that I have been avoiding unnecessary coding when I realized that I hadn't touched any of my personal projects in over 6 months, and I keep putting off those parts of my work that involve coding as long as possible. I have been working on a 3D Graphics Engine, a simple RTS game, and a simulator of Donald Knuth's MIX computer. These were all interesting personal projects that I was using to keep skills that I don't use at work keen and to learn new things. Now I have absolutely no interest in working on them.

Well I'm rambling now. But there is the long and short of why I originally went towards a computer programming career and why I'm basically running away from it now. I'm sure that my computer experience will come in handy in the future, but I will be happy to put it behind me for a while.

FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
scifibum/Dave -

I actually had a lot of the same issues that you two are describing when I did computer science. I ended up just ignoring the issues and getting my degree, but I have to say that taking computer engineering classes seemed (at least to me) to be far more practical, far more interesting, and thus far more fun.

Dave -

Computer science will let you do far more than just programming. If you do decide to stay the course with regard to computer science, your experience in the Marines will basically guarantee you a decent (and fun) job in Defense.

--Firedrake

[ September 10, 2006, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: FiredrakeRAGE ]

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

Hmm. I think I know now why so many people have so many more posts on this site than me even when they've been here less than third my time here.

You're all posting during work, aren't you?! I know I am currently... my new, endlessly boring job in which I sit around waiting for people in this small computer lab to need help. I've probably written more in these last few hours than I normally do in a week... or at least a few days.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Good night, all.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

[Frown] It's September 11
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

Am I the only one chilled by KE's post here?

I dunno, something about saying that here...

[ September 11, 2006, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: 0Megabyte ]

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uuuugh not another SSM thread.

They make my brain hurt so [Frown]

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

Yes. Same with me. But I'm actually not going to ignore one for once. This is what happens when I'm very bored and at "work" I suppose.
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its on the archive, but it is pretty hidden. Doesn't deserve a fourth time as its own thread, but maybe If I re-pos it in an active thread some people will read it again.

Ornery Posting Standards
While I was off fighting Microsloth, Ornery pissed enough people off to compel them to write something. I am not talking about the Front Page essays. I think those essays are posted simply to scare the Democrats away from the rest of the site. I think many people take one look at those essays and disperse as peasants do when cannon fire grapeshot. The postings I am referring to are those made by us slum dwellers down in the dark corners of Ornery we like to call the general forum.

Unlike the lofty heights enjoyed by the blessed few on the Front Page, we slog it out in the trenches and do the real work of Ornery without enjoying the spotlight. I think that anyone who has lurked for even a couple of days will realize that this trench warfare is where the real debate lives. Like any form of debate, there are silent rules that determine the ebb and flow of thought here. Some of them are unique to Ornery alone.

The vast majority of the posters here originally found this site due to the commonality of being consumers of Orson Card’s works. Most of us found Hatrack and the unnoticeable link to Ornery that is on Hatrack’s pages. Therefore, in the very basic origins of most of us, having a love and respect for Card’s works gives all of us something universally to connect. It also creates some very cryptic references. If you do not know who “Ender” is and why a country should treat another like Ender treated “Bonzo," then you will certainly think we have gone mad in the trenches of thought. At the very least, all of us, no matter our disagreements, have the respect that comes from mutual appreciation of the works of a single author.

The little war we have in these trenches is not a love festival, however. In the joke threads, it may seem that we are all one big happy family. We are not even close to that. The clue to this might be that the joke threads are rare. An even more telling example is that many of our joke threads turn into serious debates. If you do not believe me, then go back and read some of these threads. If we were actually paid to come up with these ideas, which we post, you would realize that in toto you have found a serious think tank with few rivals.

I guess that is why the longer you have been associated with Ornery, the more protective you feel towards it. Some of us actually hate each other on this site, but if posting standards and logic begin to slip, you will be amazed at how quickly we all band together. It is like a safety net for Ornery, and because of this the level of discourse is still remarkable, lucid, and logical. Therefore, it might be helpful to explain occasionally the overall bindings upon you as you post.

The most important thing is for you to be so interested in a topic that you feel you have an important point to make which has either not been made or not supported strongly. That is the real secret behind Ornery. We do not care who you are or what you may be in life, but we do care about your ideas. Get them posted and see how you like the way your idea either grows or dies. The more people Ornery entices to post, the better the place becomes. And when you want to boil down all the unwritten rules the only one that really counts is that if you are here and effected in anyway we want your input.

However, consider your audience? You are not dealing with your average American on these pages. We are all pretty skeptical. Moreover, most importantly we see through deception quick. Do not bother creating falsehoods or play with statistics, because odds are one of us has an accurate source or web link we can quote. In the case of Letterip, he has a Cray computer in his basement with exact reference links, which he loves to show off with. So, if you do not know something for sure, but are basing your idea on an uncertainty, say so in your post.

Also, consider your audience to be human. We all have feelings. Do not lash out at people simply because of gut reaction. Think about what you hate about the person. Most of the time, you will find that you hate a person’s idea. That is great. Hate an idea as much as you want. However, while you hate an idea, do not transpose this hatred into ad hominum attacks. We do not take kindly to it. In some instances, you will see what seems to be an ad hominum attack, but with some familiarity, you will soon see when such utterances are based on respect and are being employed notationally to save typing. If you see Everard call me a “fascist pig”, I would probably call him a “communist dog." Those who have been here long enough to realize the lengths of fascism vs. communism threads thank God that Paul and I have silently agreed to skip the debate with only two sentences. However, if some new poster comes out and screams “Fascist pig” at me and the context indicates that the poster is attacking me as a person, I do not have to do anything. The other posters on Ornery will step up and correct the personal attack no matter what their own political persuasion is.

One of the more trivial standards is definitions. Bone up on your political science before jumping in. Please know the difference that capitalization of a word makes. I.e. Communism is not communism. Also, be careful in the science debates. Most of the people here could teach an American high school science class. If you are treading into philosophy watch out because there are, some seriously sick people here who have not only read heavy-duty philosophy but also amazingly understand the stuff. However, as you throw around your five dollar words realize that almost all of us know what the word means. If you can use a simpler word. Moreover, one final thing occasionally specific definitions of words come into play. Please try to stick to the first entry in a word’s definition. Stay away from the 16th century archaic meaning especially if you are using it to squeak out of a logical trap of your own making. I.e., do not pull a Clinton and quibble over the definition of the word “is."

Grammar and punctuation. OK collectively all of us fail this one. Please do not consider your opponents to be intellectual lightweights based on a few obvious typos. This is not a classroom and no one is grading. But please occasionally it is nice to have “.!?” at the end of a sentence. If you are a horrible speller and typist and are posting a long idea, how about using a word processor first and then cut and paste it into the post window? At the very most it will add five minutes to your time and will ensure that what you have written will be edited enough to be easy on the eyes. Finally, stick to Standard English. We are snobs, but if you expect the older members of this board to keep up with the current slang terms you are kidding yourself. I do not even know if cool is hot or if hot is cool, and understanding current slang should not be the central feature of me understanding your idea.

The most difficult standard for anyone here to meet is intellectually valid logic. The easy way to avoid false intellectual logic is to never go against your gut feelings on an idea on impulse. Instead, you should practice a policy that additionally requires you to challenge your own inner logic and then relate it to the rest of us. Be forewarned, if you switch philosophical frameworks and contradict your own internal logic we will notice it rather quickly. I.e., you cannot be an environmentalist advocate on one thread and then switch to being a heavy industrialist on another thread. Relax political correctness does not live on these pages, but civility does. Be who you are, use your brain, and adopt the intellectual logic you already have and we will treat you with respect.

One final thing try to use emoticons or in some way indicate when joke or sarcasm is intended. Realize no one can infer your dry wit from your voice; they are only able to read your words. Read carefully what others have written before you assume that you have understood it. Finally, there are instances where some members truly cannot get along. In my own little part of the trench lines of Ornery, my nearest neighbor is Pete. On paper, the two of us should be ideological allies in both thought and support of each other. Instead, Pete and I have had some of the most hostile of interactions on Ornery. Nevertheless, the fact is we use email for the more excessive barbs and keep our arguments largely off the day-to-day pages. You will find very strong adversaries here, but also friends. It is no secret that although Everard and I ideologically disagree on almost everything, we have become great friends because of the day-to-day process of posting.

OK I lied there is one more thing, and that concerns posting articles from other web sources. If you find something of interest, post the link, but please do not post the entire article or database unless the server it lives on is painfully slow. Even better, quote what interests you. While I have only to turn on the TV or open a newspaper to find out what George Will or William Saffire has to say, the only way I have to know what you think is what you post right here. Moreover, to most of the people on Ornery, what you think and say is both more valuable and more thought provoking than what the professionals think.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Chilled? I was going to bed. I'm a southerner, it's polite. Have a good day!

They are cancelling Stargate! [Mad] You bastards!

KE

canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post 
SG-1 or Atlantis?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Excellent as usual Red.

Except I don't have any real enemies anymore. I must be slipping. Or turning into Funean. I blame her for her calming influence.

quote:
why a country should treat another like Ender treated “Bonzo,
Soap yourself up and kill them? [Wink]

I sometimes forget other people are listening to us.

KE

[ September 11, 2006, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

KnightEnder
unregistered

SG-1. Stacy broke it to me last night. Hopefully Atlantis won't follow. I think it stands on its own now. But then I think SG 1 is still good enough to keep on the air. But I thought the same thing about Angel and Firefly. What the hell are these people thinking?

KE

This topic comprises 198 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  196  197  198   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page