Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because KE said he would make this thread and never did...
because i still can't wrap my head around warrsaw being blonde...
and because i am voyeuristically bored...

anyone interested in putting a face to the (screen)name, feel free to offer it up.

additionally, if anyone likes chatting on AIM/MSN/Yahoo, post that screenname as well.

for my contribution, c'est moi:
sb in all her glory
none of those exhibits my current hair colorscheme, but such is life.

and i'm simplybiological on AIM and yahoo.

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a link to OrneryCon II.

http://www.foobonic.com/gallery/usr-hatrack-orney/aae

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This* is the only picture of me on the internet, so you’ll have to excuse the plug.

Oops, heh-heh, I mean this. [Embarrassed] I hope no one is too shocked. Ya'll thought I was fifteen, didn't ya?

Of course, now that you know, I expect book sales to go up significantly. (They couldn’t get much worse…)

(*You know someone was bound to do it, so I figured I might as well get it over with. [Smile] )

[ February 22, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Wayward Son ]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my brother to promise to take my picture this week with his digital camera.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike_W
Member # 202

- posted      Profile for Mike_W   Email Mike_W   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I perceive the birth of an Ornery calendar?
Posts: 1352 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

- posted      Profile for Mr Xin Ku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I barely post here and am nobody's best budy, but I still lurk regularly. Scroll down

[ February 22, 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Xin Ku ]

Posts: 233 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my blog. It's in hebrew only so far, though that's soon to change. Anyway, that small and low quality pic in the top right corner is me. I actually just bought a domain so within a few days there's gonna be some stuff on it.

http://www.notes.co.il/berman

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ricky, since I don't read Hebrew, who's the baby?
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ricky

Your web page is laid out backwards. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug J
Member # 416

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A long time ago, on a website far, far away i had a pic of me on it. Maybe it is still there....
Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

for my contribution, c'est moi:
sb in all her glory
none of those exhibits my current hair colorscheme, but such is life.

I dig the lenses. Someone ought to design and market glasses frames with epicanthic folds.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right. I'll play. [Smile]

First, here's picture of me and my last date.

Here's a more recent pic of me and my dearly missed mother.

Here's a pic of my dogs (Currie and Mojo) who occasionally post using my user name.

My AIM (posted with my profile) is LogicMunki. And I maintain a modest web site about myself (also on my profile) here.

All of that said. Didn't someone open a chat room for us last year? What ever happened to that? I popped in once, but nobody was there. Never got a chance to get back to it.

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a bit o' pic of me:

http://dev.javelin.net/javelin.jpg

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show and Tell! (Now where's that jetpack?)

To view images of me, my dog, and the meer that I ken as I type this, go to:

The Red Pearl aka Janis Joplin's Revenge

If I understand properly how it works, you'll have to sign on to view. I'll be in the 'PHOTOS' link on the left. I'll have to OK ye joining. SHouldn't take more than 24 of your Earthling hours. But then, you might like us. Things have been slow on deck of late, but it's still a nice ship...

[ February 22, 2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i spent 3.5 hours picking those glasses out, ken, i appreciate that you noticed. there's this store here that has about 500 pairs of hip faux-nerdy frames, all of which i tried on repeatedly.

is it totally out of left field that i expected xin ku to be asian?

ed..i think ev was leaving it open on his computer, but i think it degenerated into the few of us who used it just chatting on aim sans chatroom. i've talked to everard, warrsaw, enumclaw, knightender, molonel, zyne, kilthmal and maybe someone else... but it wasn't enough to sustain a chatroom...

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
First, here's picture of me and my last date.
She's HOT!!! Like a young Streisand... but with a smaller nose...
msquared
Member # 113

SB

I also have to say that those glasses are hot. You aren't bad either. [Wink]

I have got to get all these young goth chicks to OrneryCon. [Smile]

msquared

Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my pic. Sorry about the size, it's just too much of a pain to fiddle, since I got the pic from my computer in Toronto.

Me

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay away, Kenmeer! I still have feelings!

@ SB

Yea, I kinda figured that. I've done similarly, and it always helps if you have a lot of traffic.

@ msquared

Do that and I might actually almost possibly sort of attend! [Wink]

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

msquared.
thanks. i dig the sexynerdy look.

did you just call me goth? GOTH? i am so not goth. i have pictures where significant portions of my hair are blonde and i'm SMILING. i never wear leather, chains or lace. i don't listen to industrial music. i wear only moderate amounts of eyeliner. the only reason my hair is black is to accentuate the pink, i swear!

jasonr wins my award for "person i never consciously thought i had a picture of in my head, but when i saw his picture i actively thought he doesn't look like what i expected."

[ February 22, 2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: simplybiological ]

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aupton, remember the dog from Tom and Jerry? remember the episodes where he has a puppy he's hilariously overjoyed just to be with and violently protective of (always to the great misforune of Tom, of course)? OK, now I want you to hear it in your mind:

THAT'S MY BOY!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to post a picture when I'm back for spring break. As of now, I don't have a single one.

I'm 'FiredrakeRAGE' on AIM.

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't open jasonr's page; all I get is a Yahoo monkey. Or was that the joke?

Ed. - I think the miscellaneous chat thread at the top is supposed to kind of stand in for a real chat room.

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

i think jasonr exceeded the oh, 3 inches of bandwidth that geocities lets you have.

for the record, he has dark hair and looks cheerful. i think i pictured him with really short lightbrown hair and kinda thug-gy. i have no idea why, jason [Smile]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
did you just call me goth? GOTH? i am so not goth.
She reminds me, msquared, of a 1964 highbrow counterpoint to a California Girl. Intense, no nonsense but seriously sensual demeanour with a quick laugh verging on insane giggle lurking just behind the ironic mask just as soon as she's figured out that you're not a moron and/or are not born with that genetic deficiency, like not being able to curl one's tongue along its longitudinal axis, of being incapable of looking her in the eyes AND staring at her tits at the same time.

Girls get SO tired of that uppa-downa-uppa-downa eye wobble we men do unless we've learned how to optically multiplex.

[ February 22, 2005, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My screen name is ender6666 on AIM.

I have pictures somewhere *Scrounge*

This is about the best picture I have online of me.

Link removed by OrneryMod at request of other person in picture.

[ April 20, 2006, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: OrneryMod ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

quote:
She reminds me, msquared, of a 1964 highbrow counterpoint to a California Girl. Intense, no nonsense but seriously sensual demeanour with a quick laugh verging on insane giggle lurking just behind the ironic mask just as soon as she's figured out that you're not a moron and/or are not born with that genetic deficiency, like not being able to curl one's tongue along its longitudinal axis, of being incapable of looking her in the eyes AND staring at her tits at the same time.

i really HOPE that this is an accurate description of me, because i really want it to be. i'm impressed that all that was gleaned since my recent return...
Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

- posted      Profile for Mr Xin Ku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
is it totally out of left field that i expected xin ku to be asian?
Apparently "Xin Ku" is Chinese for "fat Idaho redneck." [Wink]
Posts: 233 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

I can roll my tongue that way. I can also touch the end of my nose with my tongue. Of course that may speak more to the size of my nose then anything else.

msquared

Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

quote:
Ricky

Your web page is laid out backwards. [Smile]

msquared

It does give me the sensation, looking at that page, that if one were to turn it over, it would be right side up and readable.
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i'm impressed that all that was gleaned since my recent return..."

He's just flirting. Not that I blame him, but....

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
i really HOPE that this is an accurate description of me, because i really want it to be. i'm impressed that all that was gleaned since my recent return...
It IS my sincere impression, but not without its trace of sycophancy. I love seeing digital photos blush from flattery [Cool]

And now it's time for Ask Dan Quayle:

If photos are spelled photos not 'photoes' and torpedoes are spelled torpedoes not torpedos, how should we spell photon torpedoes? Photoen torpedos?

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
Apparently "Xin Ku" is Chinese for "fat Idaho redneck.
...which, in the Asian stereotypical vernacular, is pronounced 'Fat Iraho Leadneck'. Sounds more macho that way, don't it? Like a 1949 Israeli special ops dude?
simplybiological
Member # 1344

m2-
"I can roll my tongue that way. I can also touch the end of my nose with my tongue"

the ability to roll the tongue that way is a discrete genetic trait, unlike most human traits... most people can roll it. i can only touch my nose with my tongue ring, not my actual tongue, so i'm impressed.

"It does give me the sensation, looking at that page, that if one were to turn it over, it would be right side up and readable."

ditto. completely.

"He's just flirting. Not that I blame him, but.... "

i wish guys my age and single would flirt like that, cause i would be all over it.

TD, i JUST said to ev last night "whatever happened to TomDavidson?" ...and here you are.

Mr Xin Ku
Member # 1472

quote:
Fat Iraho Leadneck
[Smile] me likey bely much!

quote:
i wish guys my age and single would flirt like that, cause i would be all over it.
All the nerds on Onery just realized we've been talking to a hottie. I suspect you'll get no shortage of attention here.

[ February 22, 2005, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Mr Xin Ku ]

Everard
unregistered

Some of us already knew *Grin, dodges pies*
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
It took, for me, almost 20 years of marriage and learning how to recover from my innumerable flattery faux pas and passive insensitivites, and several years' accompaniment of my wife's entry into menopause, to learn how to properly flatter a woman.

Although I had SOME talent back then. My first date with my wife, her best bud/roommate tagged along for a bit. As my wife-to-be powdered her nose (such a cute euphemism), her roommate who, it later turned out, really WAS a sleazy tramp, said to me, "You're probably the best-looking man I've ever seen."

Direct brain bullet with heavy incendiary shrapnel penetrating my pecker. See the headlines:

Man Killed by Hyperbolic Flattery:

Blood goes to other head, killing him by main brain oxygen starvation and massive blood loss from exploded penis."

A test. Pass or fail? I strained my brain, struggling to maintain consciousness as it drained to nether regions, and replied, "Why, what a NICE thing to say." Smiled a sweetly polite smile, and returned to watching the house band guitarist do his worst Eddy van Halen imitation.

A brief silence, then, "You're GOOD."

And she was BAD.

My wife has proved to be the angel everyone believed would be required to save a fool like myself from me. I am a very lucky man.

[ February 22, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... It seems 1 MB is too big for geocities. Bah, I will update it. You thought I was a thug Simply? [Smile]
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

quote:
"I have got to get all these young goth chicks to OrneryCon."
I am not Goth.
Gaoics79
Member # 969

Bahh! I updated it with a 60k file, and it still gives that dumbass error message. Oh well, you will all be deprived of my beautiful picture. Shame.

Oh wait, it's only a 1 hour penalty; now I get it.

[ February 22, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: jasonr ]

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page