Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Doesn't it have something to with with throttling poultry?"

Speaking priveleges REVOKED!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Doesn't it have something to do with throttling poultry?
You don't want to *throttle* the poor thing.

It's *delicate.*

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal:
aaahhhhh walla, oops.

say jav, got my mail?

Yep - you should have a reply with links in your inbox. Sorry, gotta shut up now - I've been "silenced" [Big Grin]
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
godamn you guys are all sick [Smile]

anyway, Jav gave me the chance to post the links on my own, 10x Javelin

so, here it goes, i hope non of you is some arab terrorist or somthing like that. Dont get your hopes up [Smile]

here is a photo of me from my last days at the army, the three stripes and star (falafel..) mean the rank of sargent first class

http://dev.javelin.net/ornerites/hannibal2.jpg

and here is a photo from this night, at the Dixie restaurant in Tel-Aviv, (very good american style restaurant)

http://dev.javelin.net/ornerites/hannibal1.jpg

[ August 16, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Hannibal ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are as cute as you can be. I do not believe this obvious fabrication that you have no luck with women.

Of course, the glowing red demon eyes might have something to do with that.

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's his tractor beam.

You should see his other beam...

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10x funean, tell send that message in that all women frequency, i hope your transmitter can reach over oceans and speak hebrew [Smile]

canadian, i am trying to bring up a witty respose but i cant seem to find any

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewmie
Member # 1179

- posted      Profile for drewmie   Email drewmie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's me with my wife and two princesses at the zoo.

And here's an adorable shot of the two cutest little girls on the planet (objectively speaking, of course).

[ August 16, 2005, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: drewmie ]

Posts: 3702 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are pretty cute. Bute my cousin says her two year old is the cutest girl on the planet too, so clearly we have a conflict. One of you must be lying.
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, ok...I will post something...here I am in all my splendor:

[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9392/mightymouse1sq.th.jpg[/IMG]

Ladies, control yourselves. There are kids present.

Men, don't be jealous of my enviable awesomeness...

and hopefully this link works...

[ August 16, 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Quaestor ]

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hannibal, you do look good. You look a bit older than 22, but that's a good thing.

Also, Quaestor, it's not working, and that is sad.

Drewmie, your girls are adorable, and look a lot like my sister and I did when we were little.

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm....it's working on mine; anyone else having problems?... I am a handsome fellow...got that "People's eyebrow" working for me...and that pose...wow...

i wonder if I did it correctly. Sorry, first time!

[ August 16, 2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Quaestor ]

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

10x Lisa have any thoughts of moving to another country? say .... Israel for instance? there is allways somthing new here thats for sure [Smile]

Quastor, your ears are too big [Smile]

Quaestor
Member # 2553

you know what they say about a guy with big ears...

he listens well! [Big Grin]

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I thought that was Funean... (check out the top of page 13 for reference)

Oh, and canadian - I never thanked you for F's portrait. That was yummy.

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cats finally agree on something ...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/898542/wearethree.jpg

Lizards are fun!

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, geez...

But yes. Mickey Mouse is MINE!! I called dibs!

Drewmie, you have a gorgeous family, which of course comes as no surprise. Sadly, though, I have to dispute your "cutest little girl" claim, since *I* actually have the cutest little girl imaginable.

(It took two days to get her to stop wearing the cowboy boots to bed...that's my girl!!)

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all have adorable children, human and otherwise [Smile]

Unfortunately, Hannibal, I don't think I could live anywhere other than New England. I've visited other places and liked it, but nowhere else feels like home.

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should all come to Toronto to my place. I make a kick ass prime rib. I may not be American, but I am ornery. (or was that horny?)
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

I don't care. I'm all about the prime rib.

What else are you serving?

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

You should all come to my place. I'll make Gingerbread Maple Cake. Or bring it to the Toronto party.

I could never live in a place where real maple syrup is unavailable. Because maple-flavored corn syrup sucks. A lot.

KidA
unregistered

Yup. It's me. Photo by Mrs. KidA. That's Japan behind me. I look grouchy because we hadn't eaten all day - it was five-thirty in the afternoon, and we had just been to the top of that mountain over my shoulder. Half an hour later, we were gorging of a feast of local crab that took almost two hours to consume. Heaven!

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img02240sn.jpg

Lisa M. are you in the NYC area still?

Hannibal
Member # 1339

is it non kosher? i only eat non kosher [Smile]
Everard
unregistered

Lisa- Which part of new england are you in? And I am in total agreement about maple syrup. only the real stuff for me. Preferably made by someone in my family.

And I make better prime rib then jason [Wink]

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

I've never been from the NYC area. During the summer, I live about three hours north of NYC, and during the winter, I live about four hours west of my current location (which somehow magically turns out to eight hours away from NYC, according to the students who live there).

KidA - where in Japan did you go? Like, which island? ('cuz I'm dumb and don't know all the prefectures by heart unless it's Tokyo, Ehime, or Kyoto)

Sometimes people tell me that New York isn't New England, but upstate New York so is. We have just as many maple trees as Maine, plus the blizzards. And the cute streetlamps in some towns (you know, the black ones with the cage-things on top)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/thelisafaerie/genny.jpg

I had a picture of just one of the lampposts, but can't find it. There's one all the way on the right hand side in that picture. (That's one of the dorms at school. Not the one I live in, but the sun in the tree was pretty).

Yeah, New England is just so darn pretty.

Lisa M.
Member # 2398

quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal:
is it non kosher? i only eat non kosher [Smile]

I have no idea if my cake is kosher. Maybe to hardcore kosher-keepers, as it contains both butter (from animal products) and milk. I can make it with margarine, but it's just not the same.
Everard
unregistered

Butter and milk are both considered dairy products, even by hardcore kosher keepers, and so can be mixed [Smile] But, like all dairy products, milk and butter in of themselves can be either kosher, or not.
Everard
unregistered

Oh. And while upstate new york's geography is similar to new england... the people aren't. They simply aren't crusty enough [Smile]
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

Depends on where you go, Ev.
Everard
unregistered

Well, I'm mostly familiar with the catskill region. Definetely not new englandy people there.
Hannibal
Member # 1339

nice place you've got Lisa [Smile] , any way you missed the point i was stating that i dont eat kosher.

i am about to ask a stupid question...
is new england a state, or is it a region in MA. ?

OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New England is a region of the US - Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont. Sometimes also northeastern New York.
Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

ok [Smile] i have relatives in Massachisetts (thanx for writing the full name OpsanusTau), and i remmember from visiting there, and traveling up north to Maine, seeing New England signes and stuff like that.

thats a beautifull landscape, a very nice place to live in.

OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

Also Hannibal, you look very suave. I approve of men with beards.

Hooray for Ornery Beefcake!

Hannibal
Member # 1339

thank you Opsanus.

seems like i should have lived at the states, things whould have went for me much better with the opposite sex. [Smile]

drewmie
Member # 1179

- posted      Profile for drewmie   Email drewmie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks jasonr, LisaM, & Funean. It's very cool to know your kids are gorgeous to OTHER people too. I've seen some gargoyle kids in my day, and the parents were completely oblivious to it. And thank heavens for that! (for the child's sake)

BTW Funean, your daughter is ADORABLE! My 3 year-old went through a "mom's high-heels" faze. Now she just carries my wife's underwear around like a security blanket. She won't go to sleep without it, and calls it her "softy."

Funny enough, all 3 females in my house have security blankets. My wife has her "kitty blanket." My 6 year-old has her old "gee gee." And my 3 year-old has my wife's underwear, her "softy." (sigh) This is my life.

[ August 17, 2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: drewmie ]

Posts: 3702 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

Thanks, drewmie! She is all attitude, and that picture is my favorite because it really shows there. (she'll be the death of me, eventually, but it'll be fun!)
KnightEnder
unregistered

Ev, when I come back on the 15th we need to get Lisa to come out with us. I'll chaperone.

Fun, your little girl is adorable. We tried to have a girl, but got another boy and gave up.

KE

[ August 17, 2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Everard
unregistered

Family beefcake

From left to right thats my father, me, my brother, and my step sister. The picture is a couple years old, but its a good one, I think.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest photos of Sophie:
http://plastic-castle.com/tom/photoalbum/view.php?gid=15&page=13

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page