Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
FIJC
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit that I was curious about what you look like.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eeek *blush* cute is much more accurate than hot.

flattering me is decidedly a cerebral pursuit, involving wordplay and clever turns of phrase. in a horrible twist of fate, usually men who excel at this know they do and that puts me off. recently i was utterly disarmed by a history grad student who, after our first date, sent me an email with pictures of pies attached and the text "these are some of my most beautiful pies." he also collaborated on leftover art with me at a restaurant, meaning that i am now thoroughly entranced with him and drive myself (and probably everard [Smile] ) nuts analyzing the nuances of our interactions. the irony of me dating a history student is not lost on anyone who has recently read what i posted on the iwo jima thread.
moral: you never know with girls.

having now seen the picture, kenmeer absolutely looks like he should be captaining a old (yet sturdy) yacht about in warm waters, drinking rum and commenting on how things used to be.

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TD, i JUST said to ev last night 'whatever happened to TomDavidson?' ...and here you are."

I haven't felt the need to post on political topics much lately. There's too much of actual importance going on in my life. [Smile]

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jason...
i think it's because you share my general lack of sympathy with the plight of humanity (i'm overstating) and people keep accusing you of sounding unfeeling. i had no idea that i even had that notion until it was soundly violated... it's not a BAD thing, just weird.

TD,
didn't you guys have a baby or something? how's that going?

[ February 22, 2005, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: simplybiological ]

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

If the actual importance is your baby, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for figuring it out [Smile]
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
jason...
i think it's because you share my general lack of sympathy with the plight of humanity (i'm overstating) and people keep accusing you of sounding unfeeling. i had no idea that i even had that notion until it was soundly violated... it's not a BAD thing, just weird.

I sort of see. I have a way of putting images to peoples' faces without even seeing them too. However, your photo didn't surprise me. Actually, you look like my best friend's ex girlfriend.
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, where's Zyne? I want to see the face of my enemy.
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

haha, good luck, jason. zyne is notoriously protective of her real life alter-ego.
Everard
unregistered

Yah. And also usually on ornery late at night.
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a photo of me. ... although now I'm sporting a beard. Clicking on it makes it bigger (it's magic). The good-looking ones in the photo are my wife and stepson (I'm sure you can figure out which is which).

FIJC:
quote:
I am not Goth.
I always pictured you with more of a dominatrix look... [Big Grin] j/k
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
kenmeer absolutely looks like he should be captaining a old (yet sturdy) yacht about in warm waters, drinking rum and commenting on how things used to be.
Me ship mates on the Red Pearl, being mostly older than me, like to do that. Currently they're at work on never-ending puns with Beatles tunes. Me, I mostly like to comment on how things might yet be.

My prediction: In da fyootcher, every-ting will be a-Boughten and a-Solden! EVERYTHING! Beginning and ending with your dreams!

(kenmeer, cranking up his spring-drive Victrola with silicon transistor needle, and playing vintage Fritz Kreisler playing Mozart serenades from 78 RPM microfiche... they don't make 'em like THAT any more...)

[ February 22, 2005, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
in a horrible twist of fate, usually men who excel at this know they do and that puts me off.
Sit 'em down and make 'em watch 6 hours straight of old Jimmy Stewart movies.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoverOfJoy:
quote:
FIJC:

quote:
I am not Goth.
I always pictured you with more of a dominatrix look... j/k
I always pictured FIJC as Michelle Malkin's twin [Smile] .
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

She's definitely Korean. And I'm pretty sure the "J" in FIJC stands for Jesus. Not sure of anything else.
Everard
unregistered

Hah. AM I the only one who knows that FIJC stands for? (Other then, of course, FIJC). Out of respect for her desire not to talk about it, I've never spilled guts, and I won't.
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wandered over here from the sports forum, and figured I'd share the beauty that is me.

All right, maybe that joke was a little esoteric.

This is the real me. The picture's a little old, but you get the point.

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

Forgiveness in Jesus Christ?
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, my blog is the easiest place to get a picture of me. I go onto the photos page whenever I want to feel hideous.

Simplybio, I know a goth with beautiful, stunning blonde hair and 'baby-girl' cute looks. It can happen to anyone. Deedle-deedle, deedle-deedle...

Some of you should have warning signs on those things. [Smile]

[ February 22, 2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Jordan ]

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll have to work a little for my picture [Smile]

Scroll down to the Incoming Class of 2002. I'm the bald guy in the middle.

http://psychology.villanova.edu/msphotos.htm

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how the pictures get worse and worse as you scroll down through the years... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not online, but Devi is: One , two.

That was a lie. I'm just not sharing, even with my beloved enemy. If you pry, I will sic this on you! Devil cat!!!

[ February 22, 2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Zyne ]

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they have them at the school for years back, into about the mid 80's I think. Hours of fun when you're supposed to be studying for finals...they were posted in the grad school "lounge" so we got a chance to laugh about them often.
Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

- posted      Profile for thegreatgrundle   Email thegreatgrundle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I always had my suspicions that you were no mere mortal, but I never imagined that you were actually...a cat." -Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Sorry, I can't contain my random bits of anime trivia today. [Big Grin]

edit: fixed the quote, it's accurate now

[ February 22, 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: thegreatgrundle ]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

@Zyne:

Beware!

Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, tastes like chicken. Furry chicken!
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

quote:
Simplybio, I know a goth with beautiful, stunning blonde hair and 'baby-girl' cute looks. It can happen to anyone. Deedle-deedle, deedle-deedle...
it has not, as yet, happened to me. indie punk kids and goth kids just don't mix.

zyne, tyson challenges devi to a cute-off.
my baby
and if he doesn't win he'll just sit on her.

thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

@simplybio

Keep em coming, she's still hungry!

Zyne
Member # 117

Oh, I think big fluffy cat "hiding" in teensy box beats the waif any day... you can't script that.
Gaoics79
Member # 969

quote:
That was a lie. I'm just not sharing, even with my beloved enemy. If you pry, I will sic this on you! Devil cat!!!
Not bad. However, I would bet on my cat any day. Well, actually, it's soon to be my cousin's cat again when she returns from Scotland, but it's mine for now, and she kicks ass. She's a perfect condescending, arrogant cat; she likes to pet me [Smile] She also has no respect for humans, and will walk all over you (literally) when she is in the mood. She doesn't approve of me working on the computer, and will try to put her paw on the keyboard to keep me from working. We watch Law and Order every night, but I have suspicions that she may be a closet CSI fan...

I just hope she's not too lonely in my apartment all by herself...

[ February 22, 2005, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: jasonr ]

Zyne
Member # 117

She'll be fine. But expect a big welcome when you get back to her.
kelcimer
unregistered

Righto then.

Here's me.

[Big Grin]

EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i can only touch my nose with my tongue ring, not my actual tongue, so i'm impressed.
Aw, gross!!! You had to bring up the whole tongue piercing thing again!

[me shudders!]

So NOT nerdy!

FIJC? Faith In Jesus Christ? And here I always thought it meant Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. No, wait... That doesn't work!

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIJC

I did not mean you. I know that you are the prim and proper Christian girl that I could bring home to mother. If I was 25 years younger and not married with two kids. [Smile]

I mean Denalian and SB. Of course now SB has told me that her pigeon hole is Indy chick and not goth. I want to have all kinds at OrneryCon. It makes for a fun time and the neighbors get an eyefull.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

quote:
"I always pictured FIJC as Michelle Malkin's twin."
I don't think I look like her. Looking at her picture, she looks Filipina, but I could be wrong. I am a lot paler than she is, probably more petite too.

quote:
"I did not mean you. I know that you are the prim and proper Christian girl that I could bring home to mother. If I was 25 years younger and not married with two kids."
LOL, sometimes I think that I am too prissy. I love shopping at Jcrew and and Banana Rep., but my roomate Kayla is trying to make me go shopping for a pair of jeans, which I haven't worn for years.

[ February 23, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: FIJC ]

Gaoics79
Member # 969

What do you look like? Post a picture.
FIJC
unregistered

I don't know how to post a picture, but I can email you. It's fun to actually be able to put a face to the people who post here.
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like, FIJC, I can post it on my web site so that you can link it here. Just send me an email.

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thegreatgrundle
Member # 1921

If anyone needs a place to post a picture, just go here.

It's quick, easy, and free.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"didn't you guys have a baby or something? how's that going?"

It proceeds apace. [Smile]
I'm rather happy, actually.

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

Congratulations Tom, I hope your happiness continues, even if your sleep doesn't.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page