Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my 7th grade boy says y'all's pictures look like he imagines the rapists we tell him to look out for on myspace.com...
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, but I can still be embarrassed when I remember the immature gaffes of my youth, like some posts I made last spring. I keep a tight grip on the illusion that rightness and age will converge like railroad tracks on the horizon. I keep talking because I imagine that it will be somehow different when I get there.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa those cheeks should be illegal, you little imp!
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And their globular echoes below the clavicle... strictly verboten.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"I keep a tight grip on the illusion that rightness and age will converge like railroad tracks on the horizon. I keep talking because I imagine that it will be somehow different when I get there."

' Welcome to the afterlife: you are wrong.'

"So he thinks the world owes him a dying? What's another little mistake?" Kenneth Patchen

[ December 15, 2006, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, ken - I was trying to be subtle...
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Try harder... but subtly...
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

- posted      Profile for PanHeraclitean   Email PanHeraclitean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to laugh at DaveS's alusion about the railroad tracks just because it is indeed only an illusion. [LOL] Just like the railroad tracks, when you get there you find they are still the same distance apart.

I'm still working on the picture.

Posts: 1259 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

Ain't it a bitch.
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

- posted      Profile for PanHeraclitean   Email PanHeraclitean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I figured it out finally. Afroing in the Gardens of the Whore of Babylon

That was about four years ago. I don't think I look much different now. The hair is shorter though.

Posts: 1259 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

Here's a more recent one. I'm currently back with the goatee. It's easier to tell the difference between two tall white guys at work when one has facial hair. I didn't mind the sacrifice. Helping My Wife Practice Face Painting

[ December 15, 2006, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: PanHeraclitean ]

seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah KL, dem be ma real eyes. (I do wear contacts, but they're colorless).

I think that the real question is: Are those Pan's real eyes? (Dat boy, 'im got dee deveel in 'im. I seen da voodoo demon libbin' in 'im aize).

Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

It's the fire of love I have while seeing my wife happy. Or maybe it is the fire of torment at sitting through my wife's painting. Your guess is as good as mine.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Another tormented lover;) ord you look like someone I knew, although I can't recall whom.
ngthagg
Member # 2737

- posted      Profile for ngthagg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is the room tilted? I helped my dad build that house . . . I don't remember if I helped frame that wall or not.

I have no idea what I was doing in that photo. I think my mom wanted a candid shot, and I was doing my best to prevent it.

Ooh, I just did that pose again, and it made me feel like saying, "Alas, poor Yoric." Picture a skull in my hand. Does it look like I'm reciting Shakespeare?

ngthagg

Posts: 487 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

It looks like your mama was drunk [Wink]
Eric
Member # 2699

- posted      Profile for Eric   Email Eric       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...I'll pony up.

Here's me at Fruehlingsfest (Spring Festival) in Stuttgart, Germany last year.

Posts: 448 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since my old links don't work any more (I gotta stop rearranging stuff), here's some new links: My Vacation Page and My Album Page.

@ LisaM

Nice pics Lisa, but your goth pic still needs a whip. [Wink]

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

quote:
I won't have to read his columns in eternity, will I?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

No. Amazingly enough, while Ornery is his site, the Orson we read in the columns would NOT be welcome at Ornery. Not for his views per se but for how he argues them...
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaveS:
quote:
I won't have to read his columns in eternity, will I?
Probably, if you go to hell.
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

- posted      Profile for Carlotta   Email Carlotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo

Finally. Here I am with my son. Any surprises?

[ December 18, 2006, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Carlotta ]

Posts: 1318 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because of your name, I got the same picture of Beans Carlotta in the Ender Shadow series, so I always imagined you as being older (even though, in my brain, I knew you had a little boy.)
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

- posted      Profile for Carlotta   Email Carlotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I named myself after Bean's Carlotta actually. Partly because I liked her Catholicism and partly because she was a Sister, and my brother is a sometimes poster here.
I just turned 25.

Posts: 1318 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Carlotta

Who is your brother?

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

I'll have to ask him if I'm allowed to say. [Smile]
Of course I'm curious to know what people's guesses are.

msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RedskullVW would be my first guess.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlotta
Member # 3117

Nope, don't know him.
It's Thrasymachus. Brother in law, actually. He's the one who brought me here.
Ah, well, we had fun playing Val and Peter while it lasted. [Smile]

Thrasymachus
Member # 3090

- posted      Profile for Thrasymachus   Email Thrasymachus       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, my secret identity has been... oh wait, I'm still wearing my anonymity. Never mind. Carry on.
Posts: 199 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oz?

You tell your boy to watch out for therapists on Myspace?

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bumping, since someone referenced it.

Recent:
one

two (i'm on the left)

my personal favorite

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with the tattoo?
Posts: 3481 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, you can't read it? [Wink]
Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 2763

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a little while trying to decipher it, but it got kinda awkward what with the boobies an all. [Smile]
Posts: 3481 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

It's greek to me.
KnightEnder
unregistered

What tatoo? [Smile]
KnightEnder
unregistered

I need to update mine it's a few years old. I'm still the same height (obviously) and weight, but I'm getting old. My old pic

KE

[ February 08, 2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

So Carlotta said I would post a photo and doggonit I'm doin' it. Here are our munchins.
KnightEnder
unregistered

Pretty wife, cute kids.

KE

scouser1
unregistered

This is me too, seeing as though everyone else is baring their....pictures! lol!

http://babygirlie22.hi5.com

But bear in mind that i'm 3 months pregnant and already look like the Michelin man!

By the way Pan, you and Carlotta are a really cute couple [Smile]

xX scouse4lifeXx

[ February 08, 2007, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: scouser1 ]

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page